Wedding Woes

Monday!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited May 2019 in Wedding Woes
I'm BACK y'all! 

My trip was ah-mazing!  We had a great time.  I did have to be 'corporate' MrsConn since we were consistently interacting with my friend's upper management and executives at this thing.  She does have some fun co-workers that we partied down with, but not too much debauchery was had.  The weather was kinda up and down all week, sunny the first couple days and then cloudy and a bit chilly the last couple.  The resort was lovely and I got to take all sorts of cool car pics for DefConn.  ;)  

We did leave the resort a couple times.  We checked out a couple dispensaries.  That was a trip.  Huntington Beach was fun as well.  We ate all the food and drank all the drinks, but also walked all the steps.  :) 

DH missed me a lot.  I almost feel like I need to get away more often.  LOL    

Mother's Day was nice.  We went to late brunch with my family.  We then met FIL, BIL/SIL/nephews over at a house FIL put an offer on (FIL's put offers on three houses now, but it's an extremely competitive market at his price point...so we'll see how this goes) and then they came back our house to hang out.  I was so happy it came together that we got spend time with everyone yesterday. 

My dad's lifelong BFF had a heart attack while I was in CA  (the friends they went and stayed with in FL with DefConn over his spring break) and was comatose.  It sounds like he's improving.  He came out of the coma and will have surgery to fix his heart.  He's not out of the woods yet, but my dad seemed hopeful yesterday.  He was pretty freaked out about it all. :(

Back at work today...blerg.  The next couple months are going to be crazy busy with all sorts of things going on. 

So, what's up with y'all?  How was Mother's Day for those who celebrated?  

Re: Monday!

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2019
    @climbingwife, I watched the first episode of Dead To Me and LOVED it.  I just haven't had time to get back around to it.  I cannot wait to watch more of it though. 

Also, your trip to Charleston sounds amazing!  Have a great time. 

Ugh about your mom.  I remember that.  It's still bullshit. Yay lilacs.  One of my faves. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    MrsConn - I forget if I've mentioned it before but look into Cars and Coffee if DefConn likes cars. It's a free event on Saturday mornings that is basically a big car meet up. They do a lot of them in Speedway lately (used to only be at 96th/Meridian and then moved to 96/Michigan). Also this summer Hot Rod Power Tour is coming through Indy again so there will be lots of cars to be seen around Lucas Oil Speedway June 12th (I think you might have to pay to go in there but if he just likes seeing cars there will be thousands driving through the area)
  • @mrsconn23, I'm glad you had so much fun on your trip!  GL to your FIL on his offer.  I hope the family friend's surgery goes well.

@climbingwife, sorry to hear you and your mom still aren't speaking, though totally understandable.  At least the lilac bush was a sweet pick-me-up!

Other than a grocery shopping trip and a few errands on Fri., I relaxed all weekend like I'd planned.  I think I needed it more than I thought.  On Sat., I was up for a few hours in the morning.  Took a nap from noon-5PM!  Then went back to bed around midnight.  I finally felt energized and refreshed on Sun.

OMG, it was storming hard most of the weekend!  There were 2" in one hour on Sun.  Parts of the city flooded, though I believe most/all of the water has receded by now.  Thankfully, my house and cars were fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Decent enough weekend.  I took my mom out for some shopping and lunch on Saturday to avoid some of the crowds.  K had a show Saturday night that we had committed to before Zelda passed.  I didn't totally feel ready to be out, but it wasn't an option.  It was okay and I managed.  My friends were sweet; I was ready to go home though.  Sunday I stayed home to recharge and have some quiet time and sent K to their family mother's day event.  Apparently, K's mother tried to throw some shade about me not being there and K shut it down.

I did not sleep well last night and work is looking horrible today.  Blerg.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Mother's Day went well. My H got me socks with baby B's face on them and a new phone. Spent the day at my parents' house and they had lots of fun with him - wore him out because he actually slept on the way back home which he never does. I know my H doesn't like the fact that when we go visit it basically is an all day thing but as I reminded him Sunday afternoon we could have left earlier but B was playing with my parents and if we went home we would have to be entertaining him so it worked better staying longer
  • Yeah @climbingwife, I remember you saying that.  Utter nonsense!  Hope you guys can hash it out.
    welcome back @mrsconn23, sounds like a great trip. 
    @VarunaTT so glad K shut that down.  It’s your time to do what you want with it - and you’re still trying to heal ffs
    my weekend was like yours, @short+sassy, grocery shopping and relaxing.  Saturday night I made some awesome tilapia cakes.  Pro tip- make your crab or fish cakes in a waffle iron, they are crispy on the outside and perfectly cooked inside.  After dinner H and I went to a late showing of pikachu.  It was cute - but all the funny lines were in the trailer so nothing new to me.  Next up: The intruder. 

• I’m glad you enjoyed your trip @mrsconn23! I know the weather was up and down this past week but I’m loving it. Lol. Healing vibes for your dad’s friend!

@climbingwife I remember that. It’s bullshit. And thanks for the show recommendation. I’ve been wondering if it’s worth watching. I’ll have to give it a try. 

I worked almost all weekend and I’m exhausted. I don’t know if I had mentioned it earlier, but at the last minute FI invited half his family over for Mother’s Day and I was kind of upset about it. Hosting is a lot of work and I’m still trying to recover plus I worked the days leading up to the event. Yesterday I busted tail trying to make the house presentable before they arrived and then FSIL and I went shopping for last minute stuff for our trip. We went to bed late because we were socializing and then we watched GoT. Which, if any of you are watching, are you as displeased as I am? Errands today. I might pick up some extra work shifts this week but today I need to recover before I relapse and get sick again. 

• Sounds like a great trip @mrsconn23!
    @VarunaTT good for you for taking time when you need to and it sounds like K has it all under control.
    Sorry to hear about your mom @climbingwife

I am having a bad week. I have been sick and it sucks. I have been chasing this lady on FB about buying this stupid playpen. Like why are you making it so hard to give you money!? DH didn't do shit for me for mother's day and it stings. He isn't good at these things because he often doesn't know what day it is and is so wrapped up in his own world and maybe I should have mentioned it beforehand but damn dude, a fucking card would have been nice. 
    But tomorrow is a new day. I am going to work out with my trainer (which is why I need a trainer because I would have 100% skipped this week since I am sick. And then probably every week in the future). We are having my friend's baby shower at my house this weekend. 
  • @levioosa, hell yeah it takes a lot to host something.  I don’t even want to do them when i haven’t been working all day!
    @missjeanlouise, sorry he skipped out on it.  Ummmm next year?  I can’t remember but this is your first mother’s day right?

i marathoned Dead to Me and loved it too.  I also marathoner Jailbirds.  I don’t know why but I like jail shows.  Maybe I’m a corrections officer in another life?  

• kvrunskvruns member
    MJL sorry to hear your H dropped the ball. Did you tell him after the fact? I hope he makes up for it
  • I’m exhausted even though I slept well last night, and it’s still raining. 

We had a great day yesterday; H and I hosted my parents, my sister, her husband and my niece. We just hung out, ate, drank. It was lovely. 

Now I’m just trying not to get too excited before my big race. I fly out Thursday morning and we start running Friday!! Super excited! 

Im sorry @missJeanLouise, that definitely hurts. Did he realize it or still hasn’t acknowledged anything?
  • Oh no @missJeanLouise.  I'd definitely bring it up to him.   Your feelings are important, especially if you do remember things like his bday and father's day.  :( 
  • @levioosa, hell yeah it takes a lot to host something.  I don’t even want to do them when i haven’t been working all day!
    @missjeanlouise, sorry he skipped out on it.  Ummmm next year?  I can’t remember but this is your first mother’s day right?

i marathoned Dead to Me and loved it too.  I also marathoner Jailbirds.  I don’t know why but I like jail shows.  Maybe I’m a corrections officer in another life?  
    I LOVE medical drama shows, but have never had any interest in the medical field or science for that matter, lol.

In fact, the POP channel has been running House marathons on the weekend.  I've been DVRing them.  They do ER marathons also, but I re-saw all those last year, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Had a good weekend - as I said on the Friday post, DS2 surprised me by coming home. DD facetimed me with the twins and had sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers with a very sweet note. DS1 called me. H has never done anything for Mother's Day - ugh! The kids have unfortunately learned from him - no cards or gifts (this year was an exception for DD) just phone calls. It bothers me a bit but not as much as it use to do so. They are pretty much the same for birthdays. I think the lack of cards is probably generational - I don't think millenials (in general) use the post office much. We had a great dinner at the Korean BBQ (Saturday) and a fun lunch of sushi yesterday. DS2 did end up going with us and had a lot of fun. The restaurant has Happy Hour on Sundays from 12-3 so it was supper cheap but awesome!

Saw the chiropractor today and feel so much better. My back and hips were really out of alignment. I've been having bad cramps in my calves lately and he recommended a Magnesium supplement. I sure hope it helps. I've been getting laundry done today too.
  • About the middle of the day he texted me "happy mother's day" and that was it. I haven't said anything about it yet, because it takes me some time to figure out my feelings, but I am still hurt so I will say something.

Good luck on your race! @charlotte989875
    This is your first one isn't it?  Is your DH someone who may need to be told about things like this?  It's a funky holiday and for people like my mom she calls it a dumb Hallmark holiday.   For me, I want to be recognized with...something.   I don't want the holiday ignored.      But anything that involves DH involves using my words.   If I don't tell him I can't accuse  him of not knowing what I wanted. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Had a good weekend - as I said on the Friday post, DS2 surprised me by coming home. DD facetimed me with the twins and had sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers with a very sweet note. DS1 called me. H has never done anything for Mother's Day - ugh! The kids have unfortunately learned from him - no cards or gifts (this year was an exception for DD) just phone calls. It bothers me a bit but not as much as it use to do so. They are pretty much the same for birthdays. I think the lack of cards is probably generational - I don't think millenials (in general) use the post office much. We had a great dinner at the Korean BBQ (Saturday) and a fun lunch of sushi yesterday. DS2 did end up going with us and had a lot of fun. The restaurant has Happy Hour on Sundays from 12-3 so it was supper cheap but awesome!

Saw the chiropractor today and feel so much better. My back and hips were really out of alignment. I've been having bad cramps in my calves lately and he recommended a Magnesium supplement. I sure hope it helps. I've been getting laundry done today too.
    that's so sweet about your son surprising you, I bet that was worth the mild heart attack. Did your DH know he was coming? 

• @kvruns yes H knew he was coming. It was great having him home.
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2019
    My minor gripe for the day.  

One of the items my lender wanted is the STAMPED copy of my Articles of Incorporation.  Which I found super weird because I have opened business checking accounts...at two different banks...with a copy of exactly the same document he said wasn't an "original".  And banks have all kinds of hard-core Federal restrictions on what they can accept for documentation.  I even pointed this out to him, but he verified he needed the stamped copy.

I had concerns as to where/how I'd get this.  He told me to go to the Secretary of State's website and I could print the stamped/original Articles of Incorporation from there.  Turns out, it's a $20 fee.  I call the SoS's number, just to make sure this is going to be the "stamped" copy.

Mmm...hmmm.  So glad I called.  They don't stamp these documents.  It only would have been stamped if I'd had an ATTORNEY or NOTARY prepare them for me.  I did not.  I set my LLC up online.  She told me if I paid the fee, all I'd get is exactly the same file I already had, smh.  She said the document I have is already my valid and legal original Articles of Incorporation and they absolutely don't need to be stamped.  She also welcomed me to have him call their office if he has any questions/concerns.

As an aside, I usually bad-mouth government employees for a host of good reasons and my experiences.  But she was awesome!  So nice.  So patient with my questions.  I gave her a heartfelt thanks on how helpful she had been and how much I appreciated she saved me some money.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I remember that too @climbingwife , sorry about that.  My mom made a comment about my weight in 2012 and it still stings when I think about it (which isn't often but still).  Ugh @missJeanLouise my H doesn't acknowledge Mother's Day either.  I'd like him to and I say it every year but he doesn't do anything.  My parents joined the kids and me at mass which was nice.  They'd all made Mother's Day cards at school so that was sweet. 

Busy day at work, home to make dinner + cupcakes for a class party tomorrow, and then back to work for an accepted students night.  Finally home and relaxing. 
  • banana468 said:
    About the middle of the day he texted me "happy mother's day" and that was it. I haven't said anything about it yet, because it takes me some time to figure out my feelings, but I am still hurt so I will say something.

Good luck on your race! @charlotte989875
    This is your first one isn't it?  Is your DH someone who may need to be told about things like this?  It's a funky holiday and for people like my mom she calls it a dumb Hallmark holiday.   For me, I want to be recognized with...something.   I don't want the holiday ignored.      But anything that involves DH involves using my words.   If I don't tell him I can't accuse  him of not knowing what I wanted. 
    That is pretty much what I am finding out, that he does need to be told. I feel like this year I was kind of giving him the benefit of a doubt that he would do something but I need to use my words, lol. DH is the type that he wants you to make an Amazon wish list for him to shop from but he usually remembers holidays on his own.