Wedding Woes

Today is TUESDAY

2»

Re: Today is TUESDAY

• VarunaTT said:
    @charlotte989875, I loved Dead to Me and the ending was so great and set up for another season.  Since Netflix likes to cancel on Season 3, we should be good for a bit.

I had a quarrel with K last night.  I"m really not feeling good lately; the pollen counts are astronomical and really messing with my eyes, which means it messes with my contacts.  Also, the contacts I wear now are special and they're the size of my pupil.  So I basically have daily discomfort anyway and this is just worse.  It's causing some light sensitivity too.  And K won't leave me alone, trying to be kind and take care of me and blah, blah, blah and I just want to be left alone, dammit, I don't feel good.

Our rower is coming in today!  I'm really excited about it, I've wanted one for years and it ticks a lot of boxes for me when it comes to exercising.  K is excited too, so hopefully it's as good as I think it is.  Also, my attitudes about money have changed and since we did the no interest for financing, I'm pretty sure that'll keep my butt motivated too.

Other than that, SSDD.  I've had to put my work blocker back on, b/c I've been having issues with motivation and keeping track of my time.
    Just finished the season and I totally agreed; loved the ending!
  • Speaking of new beds where Dow everyone get their sheets? I ran out to target to pick some up just for tonight but I’ll need to get at least another set. Any recommendations?
  • Says unavailable right now but I LOVE these!  They aren't cold.  They aren’t warm.  Its perfect for all seasons and they hold up so well.  I bought a back up for when one is in the wash.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00QFKQYJA?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

• Have I mentioned before how much I hate NJ? I commute in for work, and they've shut down a shoulder lane we used to be able to use on a bridge. They've now got 6 lanes merging into 2. It's a fucking shit show. Their advice is to avoid the area (for years) during rush hours. Or use mass transit. Which is not available from the area I'm in, to the area I need to go. Fucking dickface assholes! 
    Wait on the turnpike extension? Years?!?!?!?!?!
    YES. Read this. 

https://www.njta.com/media/4507/qa-nbhce.pdf
    Omg yesterday alone was a nightmare I had no idea. I figured this was like a week long thing and was horrified about that!
  • Please all this talk of Jersey traffic.  It is NORTH JERSEY that is the problem!  We don't have quiet the traffic issues in the South!  We are like two entirely different states in many ways - one of which is traffic!  LOL!  I hate driving in North Jersey too!

Jen - I'm sorry your mom was such a hosebeast to you.  Is there anyway you can just take a few months away from interacting with your mom?  Just a temporary break for your own mental health?

Charmed - We just bought a Weber last year. LOVE IT!  Most of the time, every store will have the same price for every Weber model, so if you see a sale price for one, snap it up quick!  My parents have had their Weber grills for a decade plus now.  The one has even held up in the salt air of the shore, which usually rusts everything!  We also bought a Char-broil when we purchased our house and it lasted 3 years before it crapped out on us.  We purchased ours from Amazon, on a 0% promotion on my Amazon card.  When we purchased, Amazon was having delivery and someone to put it together for free.  Also, if you have any Ace hardware stores around, their commercials advertise free delivery with the purchase of certain grills.

• Have I mentioned before how much I hate NJ? I commute in for work, and they've shut down a shoulder lane we used to be able to use on a bridge. They've now got 6 lanes merging into 2. It's a fucking shit show. Their advice is to avoid the area (for years) during rush hours. Or use mass transit. Which is not available from the area I'm in, to the area I need to go. Fucking dickface assholes! 
    YES. Read this. 

Omg yesterday alone was a nightmare I had no idea. I figured this was like a week long thing and was horrified about that!
    I know. I want to cry. It's going to be like this FOREVERRRRRRRRRR. 

Which way are you coming from? I tried to leave earlier this morning hoping to avoid some of it, and it didn't help. 
    YES. Read this. 

Which way are you coming from? I tried to leave earlier this morning hoping to avoid some of it, and it didn't help. 
    Hudson County is Home, Morris County is work. Trying to get home last night at 6pm was misery. 
  • My aggravation for the day, smh.

I got an upsetting letter in the mail yesterday that my flood insurance had expired on May 16th and would be re-instated AFTER 30 days, once they receive my premium.  This is the first notice of any kind I've received that my flood insurance was expiring.  Usually I receive all kinds of notices from both FEMA and State Farm (who handles this policy).

I called State Farm a little while ago and paid the premium.  Everything's fine and there won't be a break in coverage (phew).  But still, it shouldn't have come to this at all.

We get to the bottom of the problem.  They suddenly have my street name spelled wrong.  Years ago, I had a problem with my address because the property is a duplex.  So FEMA and my insurance company would list my mailing address like 1200-1202 Hodson St. (example address), because that is the address for the PROPERTY that is insured.  But apparently that was too complicated for the post office/mail person, so a lot of my mail from them was being sent back.

I was made aware of the problem.  Address changes have to be done in person at my local State Farm office.  Fine.  I went down and changed my mailing address to just 1202 Hodson St.  I know they have had the correct address for all these years.  Because I double and triple-checked that form and have also been receiving my mail from them.

Until this year.  Somewhere, somehow.  They erroneously changed my address to 1202 Hudson St.  With a "u" instead of an "o".  While I may have made up Hodson/Hudson, my real street name is indeed a common last name that is usually spelled with a "u".  But my street name is spelled with an "o".

And the agent tells me I need to go BACK to their office to "update" my address, so they have the correct spelling.  WTF?!?  I point out that THEY are the ones who changed my address, without my authorization, in the first place.  So, if address changes are apparently this big ole' "only in person" deal, than how did that happen?  And why don't they have the previous form I filled out?  No answers for that, though the guy was really apologetic.  But I still have to go to their office and sign a form with my correct address on it.  Again. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    YES. Read this. 

Hudson County is Home, Morris County is work. Trying to get home last night at 6pm was misery. 
    Ahh, got it. Yeah, it's not good. Honestly even try to get out last night the other way was miserable. 
  • edited May 2019
    Hi!

Happy anniversary @kvruns and @charlotte989875 and happy early birthday BabyKitten!

@climbingwife and @STARMOON44, after reading your posts, I will never complain about Cleveland traffic and construction again. I’m annoyed now because a route that I use pretty frequently Is going to be closed for the summer, but there are workarounds. The closest we came to a route being closed for years was in the mid-2000s when one of the main downtown streets was torn up to make room for a BRT line. Downtown looked like a war zone for 2-3 years, but there were plenty of detours.