Wedding Woes

Wednessy

2»

Re: Wednessy

• MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited June 2019
    Thanks guys.

I'm watching "Dead To Me" on my lunch break this week.  One episode to go - OMG!

edited to add - I read last night that there will be a second season
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Sending good vibes to your mother @MNNEBride and to your wife @OurWildKingdom!
  • I work with the stupidest people.

Our senior clerk has been here 20 years and knows the ins and outs of his job pretty well. He has no common sense, though. We have two very pregnant attorneys, and one hasn’t been in all week. A reasonably intelligent person would draw the conclusion that she went on maternity leave. This guy didn’t; he put a stack of stuff for her to sign in her office. The only reason we found it is because one of the managing attorneys was using her office today and found them. Dude has kids, so he ought to know better. SMDH.
  • @OurWildKingdom I'm surprised she just didn't show up .... is that typical? Just seems odd.
    Not justifying the dude's lack of thoughts though!
  • levioosa said:
    Good vibes for your H! @charlotte989875

I hope DW feels better and the hot flashes subside a bit. And good vibes for the surgery! @OurWildKingdom

Today I am cleaning, meal planning, and going to the gym. I took zzquil last night and I have a little bit of a zzquil hangover today. I need to try transitioning to melatonin or something else. I also need to plan for our Fourth of July party while I still have time. 
    Best way to explain it!
    I took some years ago when my sleep was just so messed up and I got super drowsy so I went to bed {note; M half carried me because I was just out of it!}
    I only ended up napping and up half the night. Zzquil is weird.
  • @OurWildKingdom I'm surprised she just didn't show up .... is that typical? Just seems odd.
    Her due date was yesterday. It’s possible she told the managers and they didn’t bother to tell us. That unfortunately happens a lot around here.
    Her due date was yesterday. It’s possible she told the managers and they didn’t bother to tell us. That unfortunately happens a lot around here.
    Oh! Yeh, that makes sense. Hopefully they update you if she sends in an update :) 
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    Last day of school is finally here tomorrow.....thanks stupid polar vortex :-(

Total dork confession.....so excited Stranger Things resumes July 4th!

Hot flashes.....black cohosh supplements!

Toddlers not sleeping.......back rubs, deep pressure rolls, low fan for air circulation, a tiny bit of vanilla in milk helps with sleep (aka natural dose of alcohol LOL), and......praying the phase ends sooner than later ;-)
  • @MobKaz It's so weird to hear of the states ending so early lol most places in Canada end close to end of June but also don't start until first week of September

I'm stoked for Stranger Things too :) I totally ship Mike and Elle!
  • We're in CT and don't end until the beginning of the 3rd week of June.   We also don't start until the week before Labor Day.

Side note:  this worked to my advantage when I vacationed at Disney with Chiquita for a long weekend a few years ago because despite it being summer, it was considered the beginning of "off peak" with many states already starting school again. 
  • Schools in my town finish up on June 21 and return before Labor Day. It's weird to me that they are going so late this year since there weren't many snow days they have to make up...
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @sparklepants41 are they moving to a year-round or balanced calendar type of schedule? A lot of schools here do balanced calendar which is shorter summer break, longer school breaks so they end in May and start in late July or beginning of August
  • kvruns said:
    @sparklepants41 are they moving to a year-round or balanced calendar type of schedule? A lot of schools here do balanced calendar which is shorter summer break, longer school breaks so they end in May and start in late July or beginning of August
    Not that I am aware of. And anything like that in MA would have to be instituted throughout the Commonwealth, which I am sure would get a lot of pushback...
  • ei34ei34 member
    We start the week after Labor Day and go until the third week of June (Catholic schools) or last week of June (public schools).  There are three one-week breaks throughout the year (Christmas, February, Easter), and public schools are also off for major religious holidays (Yom Kippur, Rosh Shoshana, Diwali, Lunar New Year, Eid, etc) so they go the extra week.  Schools have three snow days built in, but we only took one this year.
  • Our schools end at the end of May and begin the beginning of August with breaks in October, Christmas and Spring. This is different than when my kids were in school. They started at the end of August and went until the first week or so of June. I liked that calendar better because the hotter weather didn't happen (usually until mid to late June) and stayed hot until after Labor Day. For my friends that have lake cottages it means they don't get to use those as much.