Wedding Woes

Wednesday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited June 2019 in Wedding Woes
DH is bored AF on his trip.  He went to see John Wick last night.  If the weather is decent, he's going to head to Plymouth after work today. 

My sister came over to have dinner last night.  After she and foster nephew left, I cleaned out and purged my pantry.  I also cleaned the kitchen and now I want no one to touch a thing for a week and a half.  ;)  

Our bathroom refresh is almost complete (just some paint touch ups and I have to clean the tub) and it looks so good. :)  The new shower curtain is amazing.  I may post a pic from my phone here in a few. 

Tonight, we're having dinner with at my parents house.  Other than that, SSDD. 

Re: Wednesday

• @6fsn, good luck to your H!

For those of you who saw my post late yesterday.  I got a lot of my receipts together from previous rehab projects I have done, organized them, and sent them off to my broker to pass along to my lender.  I wasn't asked for pics, but I found some on my work computer for the last rehab project I'd done.  Before, during, and after pics.  So I zipped those up and sent them along also.  My broker said what I sent was perfect!  So now I'm just praying we don't have any more issues and I can finally, FINALLY close on these.  I haven't even lifted a paint brush yet and I'm already sick of these properties, lol.

I have so much work to do at the office.  I feel like a broken record on that, lol.  I need to get re-focused on it today and hopefully make some progress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • More SSDD for me. Poor FI had a super stressful day yesterday and it probably won’t be better today. We’re having foundation issues and I don’t think we’ll be able to get it fixed in the next few weeks because it’s the busy season. So one of our bathrooms is currently off limits, which sucks. I’m annoyed that we even got this house in the first place, so the foundation issue is just icing on the cake. It’s a $20K fix. Not exactly money we have just sitting in the checking account. Ugh. 

• We're taking BabyKitten to the beach this weekend :)
    M wants to go fishing and he wants us to go {I have demanded coffee stop because we're going early a.f .... not as bad as when he goes alone though}

Going to the beach is so complicated now. Have to plan, prepack, make sure you have stuff, etc etc. Kids man .... lol We don't have quite a few things, so that does add to the busyness. We haven't picked up any sand toys for her, so we're doing that this week.
    While getting coffee on theway, M said he'll pick up ice for the cooler so that way our things won't get too warm. I'm gonna get a fruit tray for all of us and maybe something else BabyKitten can snack on.

She's never been in the water, so that'll be fun :)
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2019
    Busy morning this morning.  We have a ton of visitors and they’re all going to the cubs game but I have my meet up I’m running and can’t go!

@short+sassy GL.  I hope what you sent truly works!
    @VarunaTT - if you don’t want that job, I’ll take it :)
    edit for @ILoveBeachMusic - I’ve been meaning to get my rugs professionally cleaned for.... 3 years now? 

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Glad Cassie is settling in @OliveOilsMom !  If you don't have one, a shade shelter is a lifesaver for me at the beach @MissKittyDanger (not to add to your to-do list lol).  Jeesh @charlotte989875 was the deer incident two weeks ago?!  I hear ya on the low-carb @ILoveBeachMusic

Schools out for summeerrrr (that's a song lyric, right?).  My kids' last day is tomorrow so I have big plans for my day of freedom- a return at Crate&Barrel, a Costco run that will rival pre-party trips, possibly Target...although I just found a sports camp nearby that's super flexible (drop the kids any days you want, no set schedule)...the morning session 9:15-12 is only $50/kid.  One day a week would be $150 so I'm going to ask/tell H I need one morning a week through July, possibly into August, depending on when we leave for NH. 
  • @eileenrob It was suggested. There's lots of shade but I'm still gonna see if we can find one :)
    PS - yes that's a song lyric. Alice Cooper ;)
  • Fingers crossed for your H, @6fsn!

After some soul-searching on my part, I’ve decided to step down from my Meetup group. It’s frustrating to plan programs and have no one RSVP or have people RSVP and not show up. We have one more program planned that I don’t want to cancel, but after that I’m done. I’m also going to scale back on some of my volunteering and focus on my peace group and the LGBTQIA+ sober conference. I’m spread way too thin and neglecting DW and my friends and family. Plus I want to focus more on writing. I don’t know if I mentioned it here, but I submitted a chapbook of poetry to a competition. I’d like to try writing some new material, blogging, and maybe starting a children’s picture book.

DW scheduled her facial feminization surgery for mid-August. I requested a week off, combining sick time, vacation, and comp time.

Sounds like a good idea to step back form the Meetup, though I'm sure there is some disappointment also. You can only do so much!

Good luck on your chapbook of poetry submission!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey a breather sounds exactly like what you need!  How is DW doing?

• eileenrob said:
    Glad Cassie is settling in @OliveOilsMom !  If you don't have one, a shade shelter is a lifesaver for me at the beach @MissKittyDanger (not to add to your to-do list lol).  Jeesh @charlotte989875 was the deer incident two weeks ago?!  I hear ya on the low-carb @ILoveBeachMusic

Schools out for summeerrrr (that's a song lyric, right?).  My kids' last day is tomorrow so I have big plans for my day of freedom- a return at Crate&Barrel, a Costco run that will rival pre-party trips, possibly Target...although I just found a sports camp nearby that's super flexible (drop the kids any days you want, no set schedule)...the morning session 9:15-12 is only $50/kid.  One day a week would be $150 so I'm going to ask/tell H I need one morning a week through July, possibly into August, depending on when we leave for NH. 
    I know! Two weeks ago this weekend so really I’ve been with the rental  just under two weeks. 

But Fiona the Fusion is back home where she belongs! 

Happy end of school!!