Wedding Woes

TUESDAY is Today

What's going on today? 

Re: TUESDAY is Today

• @charlotte989875 I had that happen with my 6 plus. I upgraded after that. I heard there was some fix, but it wasn't guaranteed. 

My AC in my car is busted as of last night. My car is only 2 years old. And it will be in the 90s all week. And I have to drive up to Newport this weekend. I'm dropping it off tonight so hopefully it won't take too long to fix. 

Other than that, SSDD. 
  • We're eyeballing the weather for the weekend, but it's not looking the greatest. Guh, first weekend away and the weather is gonna be shitty :( I hope there's at least gaps in the rain to enjoy outdoor things.
    We're gonna let BabyKitten wander further into the water since she'll have a lifejacket on. M is gonna {hopefully} carry her into the water also to see if she'll like it. My mum is likely getting her swim lessons, and M is gonna be the one to take her since he's 1 - a better swimmer and 2 - home in time

Tonight we're going to the mall. I need to get a new bikini top, since apparently my boobs shrunk since September lol I'm also gonna see about shorts. I'm gonna get M to pick up another pair of shorts because his ONE PAIR are awful and need washing ....

Otherwise, SSDD
  • @climbingwife do you know if it's your compressor or maybe you can charge it w/ Freon?  If it will take a charge you can buy a can of R134a (I think that's it) at a lot of automotive supply shops and that can buy some time.   If it's your compressor I'm sorry.

Also, DO NOT leave the can in the front seat of the car.   DH charged our old car, forgot the can in the front seat and we had air conditioning but Safelite had to replace the windshield.
  • banana468 said:
    @climbingwife do you know if it's your compressor or maybe you can charge it w/ Freon?  If it will take a charge you can buy a can of R134a (I think that's it) at a lot of automotive supply shops and that can buy some time.   If it's your compressor I'm sorry.

Also, DO NOT leave the can in the front seat of the car.   DH charged our old car, forgot the can in the front seat and we had air conditioning but Safelite had to replace the windshield.
    I truly have no idea. 
  • I was dead yesterday and nothing got accomplished. I slept terribly last night and FI just woke me up to tell me there’s a kitten in the yard. We are maxed out on cats and so are the rescues in our area so I don’t know what to do. I have a feeling the mom might be moving them so right now my plan is to wait a few hours and then see where it is before it gets too hot. Ideally I’d take it, foster it or at least get it fixed, but we can’t afford it. We can only single handedly TNR so many feral cats when the neighborhood is full of shit pet owners. Otherwise, SSDD. I can’t believe the 4th of July is next week. 

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Happy 1 year Charlotte!

Congrats S+S! Hope the renos go smoothly
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
     We leave for Kansas City bright and early Thursday morning. So I’m doing all of the prep that goes with that- Clothes, food, uniform, socks extra socks, finger tape, shinguards, shoes, Paperwork, wine, lots of wine.

I also need to prep the house because my parents will be staying here with the other two kids for two days. 

I asked my Kid if he was excited and he said yes. Then I asked if he was nervous and he said yes. I just hope he can have fun. 
  • 6fsn said:
     We leave for Kansas City bright and early Thursday morning. So I’m doing all of the prep that goes with that- Clothes, food, uniform, socks extra socks, finger tape, shinguards, shoes, Paperwork, wine, lots of wine.

I also need to prep the house because my parents will be staying here with the other two kids for two days. 

I asked my Kid if he was excited and he said yes. Then I asked if he was nervous and he said yes. I just hope he can have fun. 
    I forget, is this for a tryout? If so good luck!!
  • ((Drumroll please...))

CLOSED on my duplexes yesterday!  Boy, was that a rough ride and a long time coming.  But at least that part is over now.

And now the hemorrhaging money starts, lol.  My H will be getting roof, pest/termite, and HVAC quotes over the next week.  One of the units was delivered to us vacant (thank God!), so my H can get started on the renos for that one right away.  Since we can focus all our time on that one unit while we're waiting for the other tenants to trickle out, I'm hoping to have it completely done and ready for new tenant showings in about a month.
    But the real question is do you actually have keys to the units 😉
    LMAO, no.  Of course not.  I certainly did not expect to get them at closing because I know the seller doesn't have them, lol.

We should have keys to the vacant unit later today.  There's a neighbor who was acting kinda as the previous owner's property manager.  And she has the key to that one.  She had refused to get extra keys for the other units because she didn't want to be responsible for them and have people potentially accuse her of stealing things.  Um, okay.  Hence why I use the term "property manager" loosely, lol.  

My H will be there every day now so, as he sees the tenants milling around, we're going to request borrowing the keys for 10-15 minutes, so we can make extras jic.  However, all the tenants are month-to-month and getting a Notice to Vacate by the end of July, posted today.  We needed access during the sales process.  But we really don't need it now, since they'll be gone in about 30 days anyway. 

That's the other nice thing about having one unit vacant.  All four units are identical.  So, for quotes, we can show them that one unit and say, "Plus three more...and what kind of discount for four at the same time? ;)"  The roof work we'll get done right away, but that is all exterior.  The interiors aren't affected at all and we don't need access.  The rest can potentially wait until everyone is gone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @charlotte989875- it’s a tryout 
  • S+S - Congrats on finally signing!

Charlotte - Congrats on 1 year!  It seems like yesterday when you were debating about leaving the non-profit.

6 - Good luck to 6let!

MrsConn - That looks awesome!

It was a relatively quiet night last night.  I got DD home and she requested pancakes for dinner.  So I whipped up a batch and she almost ate 2 whole ones!  H came home from karate and he got some DD cuddles in before her bedtime.

H was like non-stop cranky from the moment he came home.  I finally called him on it (it wasn't directed at me, but I didn't want to hear it anymore!) and he said no, he wasn't.  Then I relayed all the crankiness that came out of his mouth and he said "oh".  It stopped after that!

There is a food truck here today, but I'm skipping.  It's a taco truck, but I'm just not in the mood.  We are also going out to dinner tonight, so I want to make sure I save room for that!  I do need to make a Target run on lunch though.

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    MrsConn can I come over?!?!?! 
  • kvruns said:
    Happy 1 year Charlotte!

Congrats S+S! Hope the renos go smoothly
    Thanks!! 

I know @OliveOilsMom! It seems like that was yesterday! It was such a good move and I’m so glad I did it!
  • @mrsconn23 I'm on my way to try it! :)

@ei34 welcome new person ;) 
  • ei34 said:
    New name who dis?  (It's eileenrob).  Lots of engaged cousins and I heard two talking to each other about TK and one actually said "there's a community too...".  So time for me to be a bit more anonymous than me and my H's names   :D

Congrats @short+sassy ! Boo about the AC @climbingwife and good luck w all the packing and tryout @6fsn .  

I saw your new username on one of the other day posts.  I'm assuming the change was not by choice and prompted by a TK glitch.  Boo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Life is good on this side. I am *hopefully* on the up swing of a weird funk I have been in. I hate depression in the summer, it feels worse because summer is “suppose” to feel happy.

DH and I booked a 7 day trip to Tbilisi, Georgia in August. I can’t wait. Hopefully everything stays okay with Iran in the meantime. Several airlines (including ours) are already redirecting flights around Iran and we basically have to fly directly over for the entire trip.

The last girl in my local friend group had her baby by emergency c-section a couple days ago. Just waiting to hear when she is ready for visits. Then, my BFF in America found out she is pregnant! It is still super early so FX but I am very excited for her. 

If anyone has any Gluten Free recipes that would be good for a coffee group, please share. Something that doesn’t require me to buy a big bag of something I won’t use again would be great. ☺️

My go-to for my gluten-free SIL is chocolate covered fruit for dessert (mandarin/tangelo, any kind of berry).  For appetizer/munchies, hummus and veggies is always pretty easy or most kinds of dip like tzatziki or yogurt based ones.  Main dishes I would stick with meat and a veggie! 

Work has been crazy with meetings the last week.  so much so that it's hard to get actual work done in between!  My job definitely goes in spurts like this, but man this feels busier than normal. 

Need to get the house in a little better shape because so graduate school friends are coming in for the weekend.  Haven't seen them since last June so it should be a good time!  Hoping the weather holds up :)

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    ei34 said:
    New name who dis?  (It's eileenrob).  Lots of engaged cousins and I heard two talking to each other about TK and one actually said "there's a community too...".  So time for me to be a bit more anonymous than me and my H's names   :D

Congrats @short+sassy ! Boo about the AC @climbingwife and good luck w all the packing and tryout @6fsn .  

I saw your new username on one of the other day posts.  I'm assuming the change was not by choice and prompted by a TK glitch.  Boo.
    Lol.  I entered the change a while ago, at the last family shower.  Just took until today for it to come through on my end.
    @mrsc@mrsconn23 that looks so fun! In a I'll-be-sore-tomorrow-but-it's-worth-it kind of way.  v@OliveOilsMom how crazy was that game last night?!
  • I did not realize it would happen so early, but I've become that mom!

What I went to walmart for:
    pouches and bear paws

What I left with:
    pouches, bear paws, 2 bubble wands, and sand toys
  • @ei34 We watched most of the game and it was just a hitting bonanza!  We tuned in right before the Met tied it up at 4.  We forgot to turn it back on once we went upstairs for bed, so I didn't even know they won!
  • Life is good on this side. I am *hopefully* on the up swing of a weird funk I have been in. I hate depression in the summer, it feels worse because summer is “suppose” to feel happy.

DH and I booked a 7 day trip to Tbilisi, Georgia in August. I can’t wait. Hopefully everything stays okay with Iran in the meantime. Several airlines (including ours) are already redirecting flights around Iran and we basically have to fly directly over for the entire trip.

Check with the airline. I have a flight in August with United that's routed to fly right over Iran. They've already cancelled the flight until further notice. (It's too long to reroute around.) So I'm already scrambling, for a flight 6 weeks from now. I assume you're close enough that they can reroute those flights, but still. 
  • @missJeanLouise I hope your  vacation works out ok. DS1 went to Georgia with his advisor from college the summer after he graduated. He loved it - especially Tbilisi!

Check with the airline. I have a flight in August with United that's routed to fly right over Iran. They've already cancelled the flight until further notice. (It's too long to reroute around.) So I'm already scrambling, for a flight 6 weeks from now. I assume you're close enough that they can reroute those flights, but still. 
    That Sucks! I can’t believe They aren’t scrambling to set something up for you?! Tbilisi is only a 3-3.5 hour flight from here so it not that big a deal if they have to reroute (I had to look at a map because my geography is terrible). Did you have a direct flight? Can you break it up into smaller legs. I am sure coming from Europe they could figure out a way around Iran. I haven’t heard of any flights being out right canceled from here or Dubai. Of course, I don’t work for an airline so how would I know, lol.
  • Congrats @short+sassy! That is awesome.
    boooo to your trip @MyNameIsNot