Wedding Woes

Wednesday!

2»

Re: Wednesday!

• @short+sassy  what does NOLA stand for? Btw yes, he definitely missed his calling! That is beautiful!!!
    PS - PUPPPERRRRRR!!!

@MobKaz :O omg noooo! Mine just could grasp the clamping her mouth down and drinking .... but she's kinda figured out a straw, so go figure lmao
  • Hugs for you and your family @banana468! I can't even fathom what y'all are going through. 

I'm back in Chicago. Picking DD and grandsons up to head back to Indy tomorrow. DD and I are hosting a baby shower on Saturday. Since DD and SIL have one car, he will drive down Friday night. Anyway, the traffic coming up here was awful. I swear every semi in the country was on northbound I-65 today. In addition some idiots in Porsches were racing up the highway. They were part of some road race (painted on their cars). I have never seen cars go that fast except at the 500! When they zoomed past - coming out of seemingly nowhere- it shook my small SUV! WTF!! Where were the police?

Enough of that. When we get back to Indy we will be in full shower mode -cooking, cleaning and wrapping presents. Can't wait to see DD's friends from high school. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @STARMOON44 Heavy eye roll for your friend.

Thanks ladies for your suggestion. I feel she's gonna fight it and I figured we can do it while she's home instead of daycare fighting.
    We have the same style but different colours for milk and water {I planned it that way} and would love to eventually love to move to a different sippy maybe in the next year {like the munchkin 360}
    Even if I can get her on during the day for sippy and bottle for night for a bit, I'd be fine with that.
    It'd make it easier to send just milk to daycare, cuz she has a sippy at daycare for water.

*sigh* this will not be easy.

Don't be afraid to let daycare do some heavy lifting.  You are paying them a good chunk of money.  They also have more experience than you at converting children from one thing to another.  Also, children are more likely to resist change when their parents want it, but are happy to change their ways for a non-parent.
    ditto, I let them lead these big changes because they are typically easier to do there when there are other kids doing the same thing (sippy cup, potty training, whatever) and then I follow up at home. The only one I did myself was the pacifier and that was a spontaneous decision 
  • @short+sassy  what does NOLA stand for? Btw yes, he definitely missed his calling! That is beautiful!!!
    PS - PUPPPERRRRRR!!!

@MobKaz :O omg noooo! Mine just could grasp the clamping her mouth down and drinking .... but she's kinda figured out a straw, so go figure lmao
    New Orleans, Louisiana.

LA is the abbreviation for Louisiana.  Which is kind of annoying because, of course, those are much more famously the initials for the huge city in CA, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's been a crazy couple of weeks work-wise. But last weekend H & I actually got a Babypants-free night and saw DMB in Hartford!!! It was so much fun to be untethered for an evening :)

Random question - does this website show up a for you guys as a weird site?  Look at this screen shot - for some reason the tab descriptor is a Python Training Institute in India - and it's been doing this for a week now (that I have noticed).

• It's been a crazy couple of weeks work-wise. But last weekend H & I actually got a Babypants-free night and saw DMB in Hartford!!! It was so much fun to be untethered for an evening :)

Random question - does this website show up a for you guys as a weird site?  Look at this screen shot - for some reason the tab descriptor is a Python Training Institute in India - and it's been doing this for a week now (that I have noticed).

Yup! And I’m curious if it’s a site for an institute that trains pythons or it’s a coding institute for learning Python. 

Yup! And I’m curious if it’s a site for an institute that trains pythons or it’s a coding institute for learning Python. 
    Oh I really hope it's a place that trains pythons. That sounds very Harry Potter to me. 

Oh I really hope it's a place that trains pythons. That sounds very Harry Potter to me. 
    Everyone speaks in Parsletongue and Pythons are trained to escape their cages and run to Brazil. 

Everyone speaks in Parsletongue and Pythons are trained to escape their cages and run to Brazil. 
    I'm picturing the Bugs Bunny-esque cartoons where someone is playing an instrument and tempts the cobra to rise out of the basket.

Maybe that's a good gig in the snake world and pythons are in training to take those cobra jobs, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @banana468 - Thanks for being there. Prayers for you guys.
  • Thinking of you and your family @banana468
  • Hugs & prayers for you & your family, @banana468
  • Maybe they're training snakes to code?
    {side note - M is a computer dev and HATES Python coding ....}