Wedding Woes

Tuesday

Whew, it has been crazy this last week!

Thursday we headed out to Kansas City.  My 10 yo is not very good at car rides and limiting fluids so it took for-freaking-ever to get there.  The way evaluations were set up there was zero time to do anything except watch, go to the hotel, and eat.  Except one day there was actually time to go to a sporting goods store with a ferris wheel inside!  There were so many kids and goalies I have no idea what to expect.  He was easily the smallest goalie out there and apparently they like big guys.  6let has to jump to touch the crossbar. One kid could stand flat foot and reach over the top.  That kid probably had 30 pounds on 6let too.  In the end I wanted him to have fun, learn a few things, and not get hurt.  All that was accomplished.  Plus it was nice to have some time with just him.

His evals ended at 1 pm central time and we decided just to push it to get home.  There were nasty, nasty storms in IN, but we made it home by 12:30.  The kid was setting up the goalie net by 10:00 the next morning.

Now I am playing catch up on laundry and work and food.  It's going to be beastly hot today, but I'm still making pot roast and homemade bread.  We're hitting the pool and then watching the women this afternoon.

Oh and M2's coach said he wants to play her up some next year.  Our practice schedule SUUUUUCKS, but I am so very glad we decided to make the move for her.

Re: Tuesday

• Glad 6let had fun!

we just got notice our day ends at 2 tomorrow.  Woo! It’s still going to be a pretty long day IMO. 

Last night I took out a costco membership and went through the store “picking up a few things”.  Nothing says “you know what?  I really don’t make that much” than a simple trip to Costco. 

• Good morning.  Still in the office.  My sister took DefConn today.  He convinced her to go to IKEA for lunch. I'm jealous.  ;)

Other than that, SSDD.  Starting to settle back into our regular routine, after a month and a half of craziness.  DH and I realized it's been over 2 months of us having very little downtime due to all we've had going on.  

I'm so glad it's a short week and I get to see my counselor after a little over a month this afternoon (we agreed a break was OK since things had been going well for the most part plus summer break...but I don't think I'm ready to fully quit yet).  

Also, I bought tickets to see a live podcast show of Watch What Crappens (a Bravo podcast, they do daily recaps of most Bravo shows) in November.  DH is going to go with me and one of my fave co-workers may buy a ticket to join us as well.  I love live podcast shows.  They're so fun.  ;) 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2019
    I got my birthday coupon for a free ikea lunch and $15. Kids have camp next week so im shopping.  
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    MrsConn My friend was just telling me about that podcast and live taping. I think she said she was getting tickets to it. Sounds fun
  • I'm glad all the craziness of the summer has already died down for us, but now I'm sad we're not going on vacation until the end of September. Whomp whomp. I think I'll take off a Friday and a Monday in August. 
  • @6fsn, sounds like a great and productive trip for 6let!

@CharmedPam, My H and I approach Costco trips like we're going into battles.  "Okay, get ready.  We are only getting milk, eggs, and coffee.  Nothing else!  No wandering."  Pump our fists in the air and chant in unison, "Three things!  Three things!"  $200 later...(sigh).  We always joke that a "light" trip is around $100 and congratulate ourselves on the rare occasions we achieve that.  If this was your first visit, there was no hope for you, lol.

I don't know what is going on with my sleep.  I only got 3 hours sleep on Sun. because I woke up at 2AM and couldn't fall back asleep until 4:30AM.  So I figured I'd be crashing hard last night.  Nope!  I was wide awake at 1AM.  Not even tired.  Until I finally took an OTC sleeping pill.  I didn't think it would help (didn't on Sun.), but I was able to fall asleep and stay asleep.  I've never had issues with insomnia before.  It started late last year, but taking one OTC pill on occasional nights I needed it worked like a charm.  But it's been getting worse and this last week has been horrible.

I know I'm about to be under a lot of financial stress with the rehab just starting.  I'm chalking it up to that.  But it's still extremely unusual for me to miss most of one night's sleep and then still not feel tired the next night.

But I've already made a lot of progress at work today!  Normally, I process the Purchase Orders our client has already submitted to vendors into our systems, within one week (at the most) of them being cut.  But I've been so busy I fell really behind while, at the same time, the client stepped up sending them at 3-4x the normal rate!  I flag those e-mails with a red flag and, for the last month, my e-mail has looked like neon red, lol.  I finally, FINALLY caught up this morning.  It feels like a load has been lifted off my shoulders.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OliveOilsMom said:. 

Potential TMI through the end!!!!  Sunday was day 1 of potty training. It was basically one accident after another.  DD had her legs crossed so much, she was resisting so hard!  She was having so much fun collecting her diapers to donate and putting on her new underwear, but that was about it! 

Yesterday, was Day 2 and it was just me and DD.  She had some accidents, but more success than Day 1.  She also did number 2 on the toilet, which shocked me!  That's always the hardest one to teach!  H is home with her today and she has had accidents but also another no. 2 on the toilet!  She is picking it up and starting to realize we aren't going back to diapers either! 

It sounds very similar to potty training DefConn.  I tried and failed a few months prior. Then I had a vacation (staycation) week and decided it was time.  I don't remember if we had any accidents the first day, but we did camp out in the bathroom for a lot of the day.  The second day he was on the upward trajectory, and by the 3rd day he was good to go.  We did pullups at night for about 6-8 months, but he's maybe wet the bed once since he was potty trained.  We definitely had some "I waited too long and now I can't get my pants off fast enough" accidents, but otherwise he was good to go from the jump.  I hope it continues to go well for both of you.  ;) 
  • I'm so excited that it's a short week. June was pretty brutal and I'm overdue for a break. I've just got to finish some reports today and tomorrow, and then I'm free until Monday. 

I'm super excited to be WFH today to watch the women, too. I really haven't been able to watch much of this world cup, but I'm excited to see today's!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Nice job OOM I hope she continues to progress. Daycare has baby B sit on the potty a billion times a day but he never does anything in it (well one time I think but it was purely an accident). He's very happy to sit in a dirty diaper forever so I'm not even trying real potty training with him any time soon. Probably best anyway bc I have a TON of diapers I have stocked up on from finding good deals and I hate to waste them. If my stash starts to run low then I'll force the issue haha
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I'm the odd man out on Costco/Sam's club/Target. I go in and get what I came for any usually nothing else. I used to browse Target more and get random stuff but Sam's club is definitely get in/get out with only what I came for 
  • ei34 said:
    What OTC pill @short+sassy ?  I've been having some trouble sleeping too.  Yay for the potty-training @OliveOilsMom !  Sounds like it's going well...esp the #2!
    I'm always prepared for the $200-300 Costco bill...it's the quick "I need three things from Target" runs that get me every time.  I saw a meme the other day about Target shopping "How does $3+$5+$1+$16+$9= $193?" lol
    Smart to take some days in August @climbingwife ...back when i worked my year-round job I always had a handful of long weekends sprinkled throughout July and August.

My kids had their sports camp day this morning...I filled the three hours to the brim with errands.  I'm looking forward to three weekends from now.  It was my sister's wedding, now this weekend sibs and i are throwing our mom's surprise 60th party, and the following weekend is my twins' 4th bday party.  All good things but a lot going on, every free moment I have I feel like I should be doing something.
    It's called MidNite.  Spelled just like that.  You can find it at most stores.  Including Target ;).  It's even on Amazon.  It advertises that, as long as you have at least three hours to sleep, it won't leave you feeling groggy.  That's definitely true!  Overall, I've been happy with it.  It just hasn't been working as good as it used to for the last week, but I don't think that's Midnite's fault.

It's a small pill that has melatonin in it.  It needs to be chewed, not swallowed.  Of course it's not great tasting, lol.  But it's not a bad taste either.  A chalky texture with an artificial cherry taste.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Man, I'm tired today.  I think I was too worn out from the weekend and I've had a few nights of bad sleep too.  Like...I'm going to sleep, but I don't think I'm ever getting into a deep sleep.  It's very surface.  I keep waking up and falling back asleep for about 30 minutes at a time.  It's wearing on me.

But, I have a  4 day weekend coming up with nothing to do!  And at least...two of those days I'll get to sleep in with K, which is nice.  That only happens 2-3 times/month.