Wedding Woes

Happy Independence day!

Canadians: You already had your day.

it’s going to be a good day because H actually has it off with me.  If it’s nice, we’ll walk the town festival since today is free for residents. We plan to go back on Saturday with my brother and kids.

Re: Happy Independence day!

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Weather held off last night for almost everyone and firework displays went as planned.  Mosquito's though........YIKES!  @CharmedPam, I saw your request on the other WW thread......

SLUSH
    7 cups boiling water/2 cups sugar......let stand to cool
    2 cups boiling water/4 bags green tea......steep and cool
    12 ounces frozen lemonade
    12 ounces frozen OJ
    3 cups bourbon (or brandy or vodka)
    Freeze

Put 2 scoops into a cup.  You can drink it just like this.  Or you can add 7-UP or even some additional crushed ice.  In the past, I have made this a "staple" in the freezer and just enjoy as "needed" or when someone pops in for a quick visit. 

After everyone leaves tonight, we are keeping the grands for the night.  DD teaches summer school, and they have no session tomorrow, so she has a chance to actually catch up on some sleep.  I'm hoping after a late night fireworks last night, and today's festivities, the "littles" sleep a tad past 6:30 tomorrow morning!  I'll do damage control from today and them on Saturday.

Have a great day and weekend, everyone!
  • Just a reminder, Canadians got their freedom because we asked ;)

Lol :) Be safe everyone!!
  • I worked Canada Day and today, but time and a half on Canada day, so wohoo!  I skipped the fireworks though.
    It is going to be crazy quiet at work today ...

• Thanks for the recipe @MobKaz! Hope those grands sleep in tomorrow! My friend uses black tea bags instead of green tea. I'm sure the green tea taste really good. I just finished making a pasta salad (recipe from Lidia Bastianich) to take to the lake tomorrow.