Wedding Invitations & Paper

Only doing outer envelopes

Hi!

I'm not having an "inner" and "outer" envelope, I'm just having one envelope that is being addressed. How do I address these invitations for families 1 or more kids? Do I write out the kids' name(s) or just say "and Family" after the Mr. and Mrs. Joe Smith?

Any help is appreciated!

Re: Only doing outer envelopes

• I would personally not use "and family", it just leaves things up for interpretation.  I used the parents names/title on the first line, kids on the second. Example:

Mr. and Mrs. John Doe

Jane, John Jr., & Sam

123 Smith Ln

Nowhere, NM 55555

• Yes, @Casadena is correct.  Write out the names of the children on a line from oldest to youngest.   List them under their parents.

If possible write out the street name and state without abbreviations. 
  • I said "and family" and there were no problems. Not sure what's confusing about that. 
  • & Family is poor form. Write out the names of the children you are inviting. 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2019
    I said "and family" and there were no problems. Not sure what's confusing about that. 
    "And family" could be interpreted as not just kids, but siblings, siblings-in-law, parents, parents-in-law, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and even pets. It's not specific.

And as @flantastic says above, everyone should be invited by name.
  • This is one thing I don't think bothers people and there are limited problems so I'm good with how I did it. 
  • This is one thing I don't think bothers people and there are limited problems so I'm good with how I did it. 
    I don't know how you can say it doesn't bother people. It would bother me if you couldn't be bothered to learn my name. But ok. 
    So people said that they aren't a fan of it and would be bothered but you don't think that they're telling the truth? 

My kids have names.   If you want them there as people and you're naming my husband and me, why aren't they deserving of having their names on there?  I may know what you mean but it doesn't mean that it's OK.