Wedding Woes

Wednesday Chatter

Good morning! I'm procrastinating so here I am 

Re: Wednesday Chatter

• I'm unintentionally procrastinating. Friday was our month end, so all my reports are due tomorrow. I'm waiting for the analyst to upload the databases so I can get my data, but he's not even online. I know he probably worked through the night last night, but I'm still super annoyed. I don't want to have to work late tonight! 

I'm thinking of leaving now to run errands since I probably won't have time tonight. Blah. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    The day has already gone to shit. Awful pto meeting last night that ran 7-945 pm. Slept like shit. Upset stomach for me. Cats broke a glass. Sitting at the doctor because 6lets ear has been messed up for a week. Everyone has eye exams this afternoon. But only 45 mins to get them in so I’ll probably have to go back another day for at least one kid. I cannot wait longer for myself. 
  • I can't get my head in the game this week. Meh. Had 1 meeting already and have another after lunch. 
  • Work has been crazy busy and I’m just not feeling it. I slept a ton last night and I’m still dragging. This whole week I’ve been on the struggle bus. 

H has softball tonight so my plan is to veg out and rest up. We’re having people over this weekend so I should clean and get things ready but that’s unlikely. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    They came out great @CharmedPam!  
    My oldest has an appt with a Pediatric Neurologist in a few hours for some facial tics that just keep coming and going...her regular ped and I think it's nothing serious and this is just an appt to confirm that. H thinks the world is ending/were going to get awful news/hasn't stopped stressing  and I'm now pissed and wish he'd just went to work as planned.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited July 2019
    Sorry for all that are out of it! 
    Good luck @ei34, kinda related my nephew had a fall (or jumped on his own accord) and now blinks a lot.  It was pretty prominent when it happened.  The doctor told them it would eventually stop.  For the most part, it has - we still see it from time to time - but no doctor is yet worried about it!  Hope all goes well at your appt

what is the O in pto?  It used to be ptc.... parent teacher conference, has that changed?

edit because I can’t spell

• Hope everything checks out at the pediatrician, @ei34!

SSDD here. Preparing a team for a client presentation on Friday and putting the finishing touches on Babypants' 2nd birthday party planning. 

My bloodwork from Friday came back and my potassium is super low, so tonight I have to pick up a Rx potassium supplement on my way home from work. Then in 2 weeks I have to go back and get rechecked. Ugh. 

Tonight I will start putting the party favors together while I catch up on my endless supply of DVR'd shows that I haven't watched. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Pto- parent teacher organization. We support the field trips and all the shit that goes on at the school. We have a lot of new people that are a lot of talking and not a lot of doing. One woman is an “everyone” gets a trophy mom. We need volunteers for events aug 12-16 and our one fundraiser kicks off sept 13. Nothing has been done for any of it. 
  • Yeesh, I know I sound like Tenant-Trouble City lately, lol.  The tenant (the one with the praline business) I had the most problems with in July paid the majority of her rent last week Tues., but still has $250 remaining that was supposed to be paid yesterday.

I sent her a text message asking about it and it looks like my number is blocked.  The auto-message back said, "Receiver (her number) unable to receive message -- Message Blocking is active."  I was almost shaking I was so mad/upset.  I have been WAY too nice and understanding with her for that kind of s**t.  However, when my H went to call her, he said it seems like her phone has been shut off.  So maybe she didn't actively block me and her phone just got shut off.  I at least wouldn't be angry about that.

But, however you slice it, things do not bode well if she's either blocked me or can't pay her cell phone bill.  I do have her e-mail address.  That was how we mainly communicated in the beginning.  I basically sent her an e-mail that I'd tried sending her a text.  It looks like it was blocked.  And it is imperative I hear from her today or we will need to file for an eviction tomorrow.  Oh, ffs, I really do not need this extra aggravation right now :(.  Especially with already having one vacant unit we're trying to get rented.  Plus, they are the same duplex.  So I know it would be confusing to have showings for both, lol.

---------------------------

For the other unit, I do have two sisters who gave us a holding deposit.  But, for some reason, the main "contact" Sister A is the one who doesn't speak English, so I had to text her in Spanish yesterday (thank you Google Translator) to fill in the gaps on her application.  Though, I swear, she filled it out better than some people for whom English is their primary language, lol.

The other sister speaks English okay, so I'm kinda not sure why she hasn't been the contact.  I'm still trying to complete the employment/income verification, which look good on paper, but am waiting for callbacks.  They're looking to move about one week from now, so I am REALLY hoping everything checks out.  Because I at least want to get one problem solved, plus "sooner" rent is way better than "later" rent.  We'd end up only having one week of a vacancy, money-wise.  Sister A stayed at her last place for 8 years and the previous landlord gave her an absolutely glowing reference.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @charmedpam I've never heard it called PTC. I remember it as PTO growing up and I've also seen PTA (association)
  • I’m probably thinking the actual parent teacher meetings... this sounds like a committee - which I never really saw or used before. But a few of you ladies use the term so I finally wanted to ask! 

• Its the last day of the month so it last minute deposition notice filing day!  LOL!  The last 8 months we have been filing 10 deposition notices on the other side, so its always a crazy day editing them and getting them filed.  But today, the attorney who works on them has to go into Philly for a meeting with the other side.  So it will be an extra mad dash since he has only edited 4 of the 10!  After work is yoga.

My BFF is closing on a new house on Friday.  They are finally at a point where their first house will break even since they bought at the top of the market.  I'm very excited for her - even though she will be about a 30 min drive.  But I signed up for another workshop for a sign.  This will be a pineapple welcome sign.  I was way too invested in finding the right sign last night!  I was perusing their website for over an hour and looking at color choices on their FB VIP page!  LOL!   I'm doing the Pineapple Hospitality sign. https://www.arworkshop.com/projects/framed-wood-signs/
  • @CharmedPam, that is really cute. Where did you get the tiles with the hearts and stuff on them? It is gorgeous here today. I did yard work after a super long workout this morning. I need to go run some errands before a chiro appointment this afternoon. Other than that not much. I'm trying a new recipe tonight for dinner. It is from the InstantLoss cookbook. I have decided I really need to up my game with our multicooker (not Instant Pot brand). Fingers crossed H likes it - it is very healthy and low cal.
  • Yikes @short+sassy.   Sounds like this tenant is clearly not being straightforward with you at all.    Either way she's suddenly caught up in her own lie and that's not going to bode well for her. 

• Ugh @short+sassy. I hope things go smoothly with renting out the other unit at least. 

Not too much going on here today. More studying, cleaning the house, and getting motivated for the gym. I think my ankle is finally well enough to jump back on the stair master and my arm might be okay next week to start arm workouts again. I guess we’ll see how it does at work this weekend. At some point I need to think of meal prepping for work. It’s just so much effort to run errands when it’s this hot outside. Fall is welcome to come September 1. 

• @short+sassy, we know alllll about tenant problems, and we only rent out one! 

@ILoveBeachMusic.  Thanks!  They’re just stickers.  I actually got a pack of them for 5.95 (1,650+).  I bet my lazy ass could have driven to the Dollar tree and paid $1 though! 

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited July 2019
    Such a frustrating day!  Aaarrgghhh!  Okay, I had to let that out, lol.

The power went out at my office about 15 minutes after lunch started.  And was out for FOUR hours!  Which means the Internet went out also.  And right while I'm in the middle of texting my "hopefully" new tenant about the no callbacks for the income verification.  The one who only speaks Spanish, so I need the Internet for Google Translator.  I grab one of my coworkers who is bilingual.  That works for awhile.  Until my phone shuts off because the battery died.  My phone is so awful.  It is old and the battery is the worst.  I'll show I have 50% or 35% or whatever life left.  And then it all of a sudden drops to 1-10% and shuts off totally.

As soon as I plugged it back in to get charged when the energy came back on, it showed I had 70% life left, smh.  Yet it had shown 48%, right before it totally shut-off.

I DID hear back from my problem tenant.  She had not blocked me, at least.  Her phone had been shut off (it's back on now) and she does have my rent money, once she gets to her bank.  Oh, but wait.  I must tell you all the story.  She was in jail for the last few days for failing to show up in court for a traffic ticket.  And is now on house arrest.

But they're pretty lenient with it.  She's also allowed to go out from 8AM-8PM, including picking up wares for her business, but it's still specific places she can go to.  For example, she has to send the handler her receipts, if she goes to the grocery store.  She just got the okay to go out tomorrow and take care of her banking business, so she can cash a check she needs to send me the rest of the rent via Paypal.  Something like that.

Oh my goodness.  A day in the life of @short+sassy, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker