Wedding Woes

Wednesday

Okay, I'm doing this post, since it's almost afternoon!

And I'm putting my post under this one in case someone else has finally started one.  :smiley:

Re: Wednesday

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2019
    I forgot my phone at home!  Thankfully it’s a 10 minute drive so I just got back from picking it up.
    i felt so disconnected from the world. 

I saw Once Upon a time in hollywood last night.  It SO could have been cut by 45 minutes.  Without giving anything away - they could have just SAID Leonardo’s character was an actor.  I didn’t need 1 hr of footage to prove it :). It was weird.  But I expected that.  I’m glad I went.

eta: @VarunaTT, did you end up seeing anything?

• K and I have been quarreling, but I think we're both just so damn hot and cranky with this heatwave, it's impossible to avoid.  Plus the apartment is just a damn mess with everything still being merged into and gone through.  It's just taking some time, which is understandable.  Classes also started, so there's just a lot going on.

Other than that, I got nothing.  Basically, I'm ready for fall.  :smiley:
  • I’m sick, still. Took the day off. Going to the doctor shortly. I miss my husband. And I never want to go back in time more so than when I am sick. I turn into a giant baby that wants to be catered to. Lol DefConn did offer to stay home with me so he could ‘get you stuff and do anything you need’, but I sent him off to school. Sweet boy. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2019
    VarunaTT said:
    K and I have been quarreling, but I think we're both just so damn hot and cranky with this heatwave, it's impossible to avoid.  Plus the apartment is just a damn mess with everything still being merged into and gone through.  It's just taking some time, which is understandable.  Classes also started, so there's just a lot going on.

Other than that, I got nothing.  Basically, I'm ready for fall.  :smiley:
    Hells to the fucking yeah I am. I went to Michaels over the weekend and it was so sad that I had to tell my friend I deserved a pat on the back for going in for my craft project only and not buy up all the fall decorations 

sorry you’re quarreling again. Is one of you a grudge holder over the other?  I’m the grudge holder.   

• I wasn't at work yesterday.  Got confused.  And posted my today's post, yesterday, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How sweet of DefConn @mrsconn23

I’m finally home after being at my friend’s house for two days straight. I’m exhausted but I need to push through and focus today. At some point I need to go to the gym because I’ve missed three days in a row and I’ve been stress eating. It’s supposed to be 104 today and I’m already salty about it. 

• Busy at work today.  I'm at a small pause since I need to wait for the attorney to return from lunch as further advise, so I should probably head out for my lunch now, but I don't know what to eat.

Last night we went out to BJs to buy the $10 bookbag we saw there for the school supply drive at Church.  We also needed to fill up on gas and I save an extra $.10 per gallon there.  Went to ring up the bookbag and it came out to $24.95, not $9.95.  Called the guy over and he double checked, yup!  I was right, so I'm pretty sure I got a book bag for $15 off because of the bad sign!  Woo!

Tonight is yoga, then home.

• sorry you’re quarreling again. Is one of you a grudge holder over the other?  I’m the grudge holder.   
    Not really.  The more likely scenario is that we'll sweep it under the rug and never speak of it again, which I think carries it's own baggage.  

@CharmedPam I actually ended up reading for the evening.  I cooked dinner and it threw my timeline off a bit.  I think we might try and hit up Scary Stories or Toy Story tonight though and I am excited for either one.
  • I think I need to buy a new car soon. Ugh. So instead I bought wayyyyy too many toys on clearance at Walmart. Seriously if you need toys for young kids (baby, toddler, early elem) check it out. My store had a ton of stuff 75-85% off so I bought a lot for baby B, birthday gift closet, Christmas donations, and goodness knows what else. 
  • @CharmedPam Isn't that a Tarintino movie? Is it typical Tarintino style {gory}?
    You make it sound like it could be M. Night Shamylan though lol

@VarunaTT Heat seems to bring out the worst in people :(

@mrsconn23 glad you took a day. Rest helps. Sweet boy for offering

@levioosa If you don't go {it's hot, no one will judge you} maybe avoid stress eating foods ... might make you feel better about not going.

@charlotte989875 'almost' ;)

@OliveOilsMom whooo saving!!

@kvruns *runs to walmart*
  • I feel better but sound awful ... so that's a thing. M is working at home cuz he's also sick *eye roll*

BabyKitten seems in good spirits despite the snots and coughing. Idk if she's sick or getting over it, or if it's due to upper molars.
    I'll be glad when this teething b.s is over lmao We all need a break.

I'm off Friday. BabyKitten has late daycare drop off, and I was gonna book an appt with the dentist for a follow up, but I kinda wanna get some cleaning done and take a nap. Especially with getting over a cold, I think it's best I didn't.
    I was gonna go back to work, but Fridays we're closed early so if she's dropped off at 10am {earliest} then I won't get to work until almost 1045am. That's if I catch the right bus .... then I'm off at 3pm. No point really lol
  • Yesterday I had my annual physical. I was talking to my doc about weight loss. She said she has been using the Noom app. Have any of y'all used it? This "post-menopausal makes it more difficult to lose weight and keep it off" thing is real! I've downloaded the app and have done today's set up and reading. Tomorrow starts the actual weighing and eating. 

The dryer repair person is suppose to come tomorrow. I hope they can get it fixed tomorrow because I need to do some laundry! H said if it costs more than $300 to repair we might just get a new dryer. Ugh another expense we weren't counting on. Our roof is getting replaced in about 2 weeks. We picked the shingles out yesterday. Fingers crossed the weather hold so it can get done in a timely fashion. After that is done we will get the house painted. Homeownership is not for the weak!
  • It should be noted, when we were all getting starbucks - my boss suggested to see if they had "a shot of dayquil" for my drink.

In case you're wondering how I sound/look lmao
  • @ILoveBeachMusic One of my friends used the Noom ap and she said she really liked it. 
  • I've heard a number of people using and liking Noom though I'm not familiar with it myself. I've heard if you do the free trial and then cancel and wait you usually get offered a good deal to continue
  • Noom is featured in podcast ads all the time.  I've been thinking about a trial. 

I definitely have a sinus infection.  YAY for drugs.  ;)  

I went to Meijer to get my Rx and I got some ginger ale and popsicles, because that was what my mom would get me when I was sick as a kid.  I also picked up spice drops because I had a weird craving for them seeing them in the candy aisle.  My grandma always had them in her candy dish and we'd 'sneak' them every time we went to her house.  I really do turn into a child when I'm puny.  LOL

DH has been sweetly texting to check up on me all day.  
  • I know an old school WWer used it and really liked it re: Noom.  I've thought about it as well.