Wedding Woes

Thursday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited August 2019 in Wedding Woes
DH got home around 9:30pm last night.  I let DefConn stay up to say hi and have both of us tuck him in. 

DH also snored so bad that I had to sleep in the kiddo's old room for a few hours or else I would have maimed him. 

I woke up not feeling a ton better.  Plus I had nasty ovulation cramps.  So I'm taking another sick/mental health day.  I don't have anywhere to go (as I had to go to the doc yesterday and then the store for my meds) and can couch it all damn day with Netflix and naps.  My other sign was that I dropped my phone in the shitter.  (Thank god most phones are water-resistant nowadays, but still...EWWWW!!!) 

DefConn and I watched the new "Press Your Luck" last night and he was really getting into, "Big Money, No Whammies!"  We had the best time cheering along and groaning when the contestants got whammies.  <3 

About to check out Prudie.  ;)  

Re: Thursday

• I need to go test drive some cars at lunch time and I'm not in the mood. Well really I'm just not in the mood to deal with salespeople and then get a bunch of follow up communications. When I bought my last car this dealer owned a bunch of different brands and had them all in the same area so you just had 1 salesperson who could take you from dealer to dealer and drive different ones which was really nice. Too bad it is too far away from me now.
  • Hope you're feeling better soon MrsConn! 

H annoyed the crap out of me last night. He came home while I was watching 90210 and proceeded to talk through the whole thing. I finally threw him out of the bedroom. I can never watch anything in peace! 

SSDD. Weather is finally nicer, but I have some weird sinus thing going on. Hopefully the day goes fast. 
  • ((hugs)) @NBSquared2017.   Your H sounds like a sweet and lovely partner. 

From my experience with friends and family that have had fertility issues, it's so fraught and emotional.  Good luck with your IVF journey and we're here if you need to talk about it.  <3  Take care. 
  • @NBSquared2017 Sending you so much love! <3 
  • @kvruns, good luck with the test driving!  I hope you find a great new car soon.  But I hear ya on the dealing with the aggravation of car sales people and the potential for extra phone calls.  A few years ago, some jerk was shopping for a truck and gave all the sales people he talked to at various dealerships the same, wrong cell phone number.  MY cell phone number!  I said a prayer to Karma that he would end up with four, flat tires with whatever truck he bought, lol.

I occasionally get telemarketing phone calls from a local Chevy dealership.  It's fresh in my mind because I got one last week.  I got an oil change there on a mystery shop YEARS ago, smh.  So now they occasionally call me with some b.s. line like, "We're looking for exactly the kind of car you're driving for our used car program.  Give me a call because we can give you a great trade-in offer."  While I realize it's all a come-on anyway, it does make me laugh because that was so long ago I don't even know what car they are talking about.  And it certainly isn't the car I've been driving for the last four years.  That car is a MINI Cooper, ie a foreign special snowflake, and I wouldn't let a Chevy dealership touch her.

@NBSquared2017, I'm so sorry to hear how hard the last year has been ((hugs!!)).  I wish you and your H all the luck in the world with the IVF treatments.  Keep us posted!  And you know this is also a good place for emotional support, if you need it.

I did not get enough sleep last night and am not ready for the hectic busy day I have at work, lol.  Then my H and I have a restaurant mystery shop to do for dinner.  We love this place so I'm partly looking forward to it for the good food.  But it will be a later night than usual and I kinda wish I could just go straight home.  I'm hoping for a second wind to hit later!  But on the way to dinner, I'm making a brief stop at Harrahs.  They are giving away Saints gifts every Thursday this month and today it is a Saints umbrella.  Oh yeah!  Useful and Saints related.  I can't resist that!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @mrsconn23 Yay for your H home and booo to snoring lmao

@kvruns idk if you mentioned it before but what kind of cars are you looking at/for?

@climbingwife I've heard mixed reviews for the new 90210, what do you think? Were you a fan of the original?

@NBSquared2017 hugs and vibes <3

So we got stuff at the bank dealt with finally. BabyKitten went to my mum's place while we went, mainly because we weren't sure how long we'd be. I thought it'd take longer but it was fast. It worked out because my mum isn't going to able to see her for 2 weeks at this point - plus she fed her dinner.

Since it's a 2 person job, we finally got to see inside of BabyKitten's mouth.
    Her mouth is so red and white! Like 4 molars coming, the eye teeth are bright white - but they could just sit there for awhile. So something is gonna break soon. Should help her sniffles soon, because majority of the issue is uppers.

Because I know someone will wonder, it's a 2 person job because the second she realizes you're trying to see in her mouth, she'll clamp her mouth shut. With another person, they can tickle, distract, etc long enough to get her in a way that you can get a good look. It worked because my mum distracted her, M looked at bottoms and I looked at tops.

Tonight is groceries, and tomorrow I'm off. I'm kinda glad because with BabyKitten waking in middle of the night, it's exhausting. She's tired too but idk what's going on. I'm wondering if it's something bugging her? I've tried a few different options but we may just have to wait it out.

This weekend - depending on weather and how everyone feels - is a bbq thing by my friend A's house. I really hope all works out because it'd be nice to get out. The weather has been beautiful, so I'm hopeful.
  • @MissKittyDanger I was a big fan of the original and watched it religiously. I actually love the new version. I think it's funny and entertaining. 
  • I hope you feel better soon @mrsconn23!

Hugs and good vibes @NBSquared2017

Gym and studying for me today. I am feeling beyond stressed out. Ugh. I’m ready for another vacation. Also the wild parrots are back and they are so annoying and loud. They’re scaring away all of our backyard song birds. 

• @climbingwife did you watch the 'reboot' a few years ago with a younger cast and some of the original cast? {kinda how they did with degrassi}
  • Hugs @NBSquared2017. DD and SIL went through that. It can be rough. Know that you can come here for support. Hope your day helps you recover @mrsconn23 !

Service guy came to look at the dryer. He said he can't pinpoint the problem - it could be 1 of 2 things. It would cost over $700 to fix the larger of the two and over $400 for the smaller of the two. Eeeegads! He advised to just use it until we are getting the error message consistently with every load. At that point he said he would just get a new dryer (it is 8 years old). So I'm going to check out dryers at Costco online when I'm done here.

• Hugs @NBSquared2017. DD and SIL went through that. It can be rough. Know that you can come here for support. Hope your day helps you recover @mrsconn23 !

Service guy came to look at the dryer. He said he can't pinpoint the problem - it could be 1 of 2 things. It would cost over $700 to fix the larger of the two and over $400 for the smaller of the two. Eeeegads! He advised to just use it until we are getting the error message consistently with every load. At that point he said he would just get a new dryer (it is 8 years old). So I'm going to check out dryers at Costco online when I'm done here.
    Bummer :(.  That is often the Catch-22 with appliances, unfortunately.  They can often be so expensive to repair, you might as well just get a new or gently used one.  Especially if they are already a quite a few years old.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @NBSquared2017, I'm sorry to hear about that and I'm really glad you're stepping up to try and take charge too.  Good luck and this group is always down to listen to stuffs.  I know there are some other boards, especially on the Nest, that deal with infertility issues and some posters have found them helpful.

I'm going to see "Where'd You Go, Bernadette" tonight.  I love Cate Blanchett and this movie just looks so lovely.  K has practice.  We went out last night.  've been trying really hard to get from 2 or less cigarettes a day to totally quitting and have been doing pretty well, but still have not figured out how to have a drink and not a cigarette.  So, I smoked way too much last night and I feel like crap.

We're going on a float on Sunday and I am sooooooooooooo ready to be out on the water.
  • @NBSquared2017 Sending you so many positive thoughts and hugs. While we didn't have to go down the IVF path, I know how hard it is to get see negative after negative every month. I'm so happy to hear that your H has been incredibly supportive of you - it makes a world of difference <3
  • @NBSquared2017 btw check out The Bump - idk if there's an IVF board specifically, but I know in the TTGP board they are pretty sympathetic. My June '18 board was from that site and many had been on the forum for a bit :)
  • I will check out the Bump for sure. I appreciate everyone’s kind words, it means so much. 
  • @climbingwife did you watch the 'reboot' a few years ago with a younger cast and some of the original cast? {kinda how they did with degrassi}
    I did, but only the first few episodes. I didn't really like it. 
  • NBSquared - Good luck on your journey!  We, too, had to see a fertility doctor with it being my problem.  We didn't need to go as far as IVF, but just starting to see the doctor to get assistance truly helped me emotionally.  TMI - My issue to fix was that insulin resistance, tied to my PCOS, prevented regular periods.  I worked with the staff nutritionist and took Metformin, after a month of that, I started getting regular periods again and we ended up conceiving the old fashioned way.  Coincidentally, the day we had our "next steps" visit with the doctor to go over his recommended treatment plans was my positive test for DD!

KV - enjoy the test drives!

Work is still busy, but taking a break from my spreadsheets to rest my eyes!  They are crossing themselves!  Not sure what is up tonight, we may take a ride to Lowes.  After H started the work to replace the light fixture, which ended up needing to have large area of drywall patched, and somehow we are now doing a full blown half-bath remodel.  We will be getting a new vanity in addition to painting the walls.  I'm going to have a white sink and toilet, with a light gray vanity and emerald walls.  I will also give the baseboards and ceiling a fresh coat of white.  I will replace the decor in there too.
  • @misskittydanger I was focused on the Hyundai Santa Fe but I test drove a VW Tiguan and really liked it so that might be the front runner now. 
  • @VarunaTT let us know how the movie is. My book club just read that book and talked about finding a time to see the movie next week. 

• NBSquared - Good luck on your journey!  We, too, had to see a fertility doctor with it being my problem.  We didn't need to go as far as IVF, but just starting to see the doctor to get assistance truly helped me emotionally.  TMI - My issue to fix was that insulin resistance, tied to my PCOS, prevented regular periods.  I worked with the staff nutritionist and took Metformin, after a month of that, I started getting regular periods again and we ended up conceiving the old fashioned way.  Coincidentally, the day we had our "next steps" visit with the doctor to go over his recommended treatment plans was my positive test for DD!

KV - enjoy the test drives!

Work is still busy, but taking a break from my spreadsheets to rest my eyes!  They are crossing themselves!  Not sure what is up tonight, we may take a ride to Lowes.  After H started the work to replace the light fixture, which ended up needing to have large area of drywall patched, and somehow we are now doing a full blown half-bath remodel.  We will be getting a new vanity in addition to painting the walls.  I'm going to have a white sink and toilet, with a light gray vanity and emerald walls.  I will also give the baseboards and ceiling a fresh coat of white.  I will replace the decor in there too.

@OliveOilsMom - That’s the issue. I have PCOS as well - not insulin resistant, but too much testosterone. It’s not something that can’t be managed which is a positive!!
  • Good luck @NBSquared2017 on your journey.   Infertility is frustrating and can make you feel indignant.   Hugs!

I got home at 12:30 from the airport and now have today and tomorrow at work before next week when I'm off.   The time was immersive AND I experienced the deliciousness that is a Green Bay Kringle.  
  • You learn something new every day.  I didn't know metformin for insulin resistant was a procedure for that.  Hugs @NBSquared2017.  Fx for you!

buying cars is the worst! Test driving is great - but going through the damn speeches.  That reminds me... need to yelp my last dealership 😂

all I can say is I’m sick of all this construction traffic near my office.  Like, you can’t get away from it!!!

• Hugs @NBSquared2017 i don’t have a lot to add to what others have said but a friend of mine just announced she is pregnant after going through ivf. I hope you have similar luck and we are always here if you need a shoulder to lean on. :)

@OliveOilsMom your new bathroom sounds divine!

It the last night of our trip. Tbilisi is really wonderful and charming. DH and I had some good moments and some good fights (some counseling is in our future, or at least reading relationship books together, because we have communication issues. But we know this and are good with it.) The baby was the best you could expect a baby to be, probably better than you could expect. He slept for over half of the flight here, we will see how tomorrow goes. 
  • @NBSquared2017 a touch of potentially positive news, I have a friend with 2 kids that has the same issue. Fingers crossed for you though! :)
  • banana468 said:
    Good luck @NBSquared2017 on your journey.   Infertility is frustrating and can make you feel indignant.   Hugs!

I got home at 12:30 from the airport and now have today and tomorrow at work before next week when I'm off.   The time was immersive AND I experienced the deliciousness that is a Green Bay Kringle.  
    Was it an O & H Danish Kringle?  They are based out of Racine, WI but are shipped.  Luckily, I am close enough to the border that they are “regular” items in our grocery bakery.  I became hooked when my husband and I lived in WI the first several years of our marriage.  And, for the curious.........
    https://www.ohdanishbakery.com/everyday-kringle-favorites?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjbWK9s6F5AIVUNbACh3clAFgEAAYAiAAEgL1nfD_BwE
  • All the good vibes @NBSquared2017! I have no advice, just empathy for what you all are going through. 
  • Charmed - My doctor prescribed Metformin to give my pancreas "a break" from producing insulin.  I made it, just not enough.  Giving my pancreas the break was to help restore it, so when I stopped the medicine and stayed on my diet, I would not suffer from the insulin resistance any more.

I don't know that its always tied to insulin resistance, but I have heard Metformin is a common drug prescribed by fertility doctors as it helps aid in conception.  Once I was pregnant, I discontinued its use.  I forget it's name, but there is also a breast cancer drug that helps aid conception.  They accidentally found this out when breast cancer patients were becoming pregnant.