Wedding Woes

Too Hot Tuesday Thread

It's hot and humid here today. I decided to not be lazy and walk to pick up my order at B&N instead of drive and my jeans are stuck to my legs and I'm still feeling hot even though I've been back for a while. 

Re: Too Hot Tuesday Thread

• Looks like bad rain showers for us!

I awoke at 4 with something rustling around in our attic.  H put up a hunters camera in the attic to see what it is - but there’s 100% something living up there since this isn’t the first time we heard this.  I bought a catch and release trap... so we’ll see.

• It’s humid here too. We have a wedding this weekend and thank goodness it’s inside. I need to get my brows threaded today, but I have so many other things I need to get done 😩😩😩😩
  • Not a good day all around for me (sigh).

Horrible heat outside.  Because that's NOLA in August.  But freezing cold in my office.  So I'm bundled in a heavy cardigan and even have my fingertip-less knit gloves on, smh.  Yet another construction project going on in my building.  So I'm also wearing noise-blocking headphones.  Not the pretty little "noise cancelling" headphones that one listens to music through.  No.  The kind that baggage handlers on the tarmac at the airport wear.  Put the whole package together and I'm sure I look completely bizarre to the casual observer, lol.

Plus I haven't gotten enough sleep for the last two nights in a row and I'm so tired.  I came out of the elevator earlier and stepped right in water?  Some kind of liquid?  My foot completely slipped as if I'd stepped on a cartoon banana peel.  Rolled inward and then I completely fell down almost on top of it.  The pain was initially too bad for me to even stand back up, on my own.  Fortunately, there were two people who were able to help me back to standing and I could limp from there.  That was about 90 minutes ago.  It's still painful, but not as bad and more of a dull roar and sore now.  I don't think I broke anything.

Seriously, if I didn't have so much work to do, I'd leave at lunch and go home.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh no @short+sassy, sounds like a perfect day to leave early. 

Its also hot hot and humid here. I’m ready for fall. I know everyone loves summer and the hot weather but I’m over it. 

Im also super tired today, I woke up at 2am dreaming about work, which is zero fun. Hoping I can get out of here on the early side tonight!

Its also hot hot and humid here. I’m ready for fall. I know everyone loves summer and the hot weather but I’m over it. 

Im also super tired today, I woke up at 2am dreaming about work, which is zero fun. Hoping I can get out of here on the early side tonight!
    Not this girl

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Team fall/winter/spring/anything but summer here too
    Ugh that does sound like a perfect go-home-early day @short+sassy

DS had a follow up with our regular pediatrician this morning following the medical issue while we were away.  Left with a referral to see a Pediatric urologist.  He may have to be re-circumsized -ouch!- although that's worst case scenario. 
  • @ei34 I hope it doesn't come to that, that sounds ouchie for sure
  • ei34 said:
    Team fall/winter/spring/anything but summer here too
    Ugh that does sound like a perfect go-home-early day @short+sassy

DS had a follow up with our regular pediatrician this morning following the medical issue while we were away.  Left with a referral to see a Pediatric urologist.  He may have to be re-circumsized -ouch!- although that's worst case scenario. 
    Ouch!  How old is DS?

• Oh no @ei34 that would be awful. Hope it can be resolved another way. 

Our ice maker in our 2.5 year old Samsung isn't working right again! I've called and scheduled a service appointment - this will be the third time since we've had it that we have called service about the ice maker. I would never buy another one of these but we are stuck with it because of the cost and long we've had it. Can't rationalize buying another fridge right now. Apparently they have had consistent problems with this. None of the service calls have cost us anything because of the issues they have had, but I don't know how long that lasts. The ice maker has been replaced each time they come out!

Other than that SSDD. Dance lessons tonight. I've been doing that Noom program. Haven't lost any weight but I have been out a lot. One good thing is that I am tracking every day. I have one more week of my free trial. I'll probably at least go for one more month to see how things go. I have been eating a lot more fruits and veggies -which is a good thing. 

Not this girl
    Same, I'd choose Chicago winters over summer days anytime. 

Not this girl
    Me either!  When I still lived in CA, summer was great.  And even that was along the coast and not nearly as good even a bit inland.  But not now that I moved South.  Summer is my time to be a hermit and stay inside as much as possible.  Even the winter is way better and I'm outside more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It’s hot here too. I am so thankful Dh is taking Max to soccer practice tonight.   I slept like shit last night. Had a dream about coming upon some cult in the middle of the woods and they ended up chasing the kids and I through the forest trying to kidnap us and force us to join the cult.

Sixler got asked to guest play on, game so that brings his game total to three in the next 4 days.  He’s really excited though because it’s an older age group. He’s not excited because that goals are taller though. Of Course this also means I have a lot of laundry.
  • @short+sassy  time to go home :)

@ei34 yikes :( 

I'm torn. I love summer because I feel like I can do more and want to be out more, but fall colours and smells. I do enjoy wearing a sweater and/or blazer without risk of dying of heat stroke.

I'm so glad I was off on Friday. BabyKitten is really getting in molars :( Thursday night was awful.
    Her bedtime is 8pm - that's the outside number. We try to get her asleep before then. - but she stayed up until friggen 10pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1NJKA8FvMw/

We had a baby rave. We keep lights off so to lower stimulation, but she had some energy to burn. This is Beat Belle.
    Anyways so she went down, then was up again at 1am - 2:30am. And up for the day at 6am.
    Luckily that meant early nap. So M went to work at 8am and I got her down for a nap, and took one too.

About 10:45 I dropped her at daycare and came home, tidied up a bit and lay down again. I was so tired.

Saturday was good. She got up later, so we could go relatively early to a fun day by my friend's house. Food. Ice cream. 90s pop music. It was fun, but it got really cloudy, so we walked back to her place.
    BabyKitten was starting to get fussy - aka tired - so we left after an hour ish. It's rare, but we got her transferred from carseat to crib while she was half asleep. M and I both took a nap too lol

Sunday we did some errands and planned to do something else, but realized time and I had M drop BabyKitten and I off at home. She went down for a nap, and when she got up we went to inlaw's place. Had dinner and visit.

I ended up being sick really early in the morning, so I took yesterday off. Annoying part is that I mentally said that 'unless i was throwing up, no sick days until minimum November'
    Not that I plan getting sick, but I wanted to mentally tell myself I could 'suck it up' if I wasn't feeling well until November.
  • @climbingwife H and I went on a river cruise to those places (we flew to Prague first then took the boat out of Passau). We Loved It- especially Bratislava and Budapest..
  • It's hot and sticky, but storms are on the way.  DH went to medcheck this morning and has a sinus infection.  He's home today, but says he could have gone to work. 

The school called at lunch and apparently DefConn had a playground accident.  He slipped and clipped just over his left eye.  He should be OK.  He sounded sad on the phone, but the nurse said he could go back to class. 

It's Tuesday.  Blerg.  At least tomorrow is my day off. 
  • I can’t deal 

• S+S how are you feeling now? 
  • ei34ei34 member
    Get well soon DefConn! @MissKittyDanger I meant to comment yesterday from my lurking last week, Montessori schools are expensive by us too, if you're looking for activities to engage DD I can't recommend BusyToddler enough- she's a former K teacher now mom of 3. Her ideas all use stuff you already have around the house and take 1-2min to assemble.  She's on instagram I know you are too

Thanks everyone.  @CharmedPam he's 4
  • kvruns said:
    S+S how are you feeling now? 
    Still exhausted, but I wouldn't expect that to go away, lol.

However, my foot is better, thanks for asking!  Still sore and feels a bit stiff, but not painful anymore.

I also just got off the phone with my problem tenant.  She had good news which, in turn, hopefully means good news for me also, lol.  After about 4 months on unemployment, she is starting a new f/t job on Monday.  She said she might still have to break up the rent a bit for Sept. (she is still a couple hundred shy for this month).  But, after that, she shouldn't have trouble paying the rent on time every month.  We'll see, of course.  However I'm hopeful because, while I don't think she did as much as she could have during the "bad times", she always kept in touch about what was happening and for the most part, paid what she could, when she could.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @climbingwife H and I went on a river cruise to those places (we flew to Prague first then took the boat out of Passau). We Loved It- especially Bratislava and Budapest..
    Ah, that's awesome to hear! 

Not this girl
    Me either!  When I still lived in CA, summer was great.  And even that was along the coast and not nearly as good even a bit inland.  But not now that I moved South.  Summer is my time to be a hermit and stay inside as much as possible.  Even the winter is way better and I'm outside more.
    Not anymore. When I was younger summers were enjoyable. A little hot a times, but manageable. But that climate change has hit us hard. I miss “old” summer days. Most summer days now are high 90’s-100’s. And for the last 3-4 years it’s started to get weirdly humid. Like a few weeks ago it was 105 with 80% humidity. No. Just. No. 

• @ei34 Is the insta name BusyToddler? I def will check it out!
  • ei34ei34 member
    @ei34 Is the insta name BusyToddler? I def will check it out!
    Yup!  BusyToddler and kids.eat.in.color are my mom-life instagram saviors