Wedding Woes

Re: I hope this bride comes here

• Someone wanted to go viral and genuinely did not give a shit about whether her attention-seeking took attention away from her sister.
  • I feel like the bride probably knew about this ahead of time .... also if you have the personality and clearance from bride and groom .... sure why not?
  • I feel like the bride probably knew about this ahead of time .... also if you have the personality and clearance from bride and groom .... sure why not?
    Her sister did say she didn't mind.  I still feel like it's centering yourself on someone else's day.  Maybe save the funny for the reception?  I'd at least handle it better there.
  • VarunaTT said:
    I feel like the bride probably knew about this ahead of time .... also if you have the personality and clearance from bride and groom .... sure why not?
    Her sister did say she didn't mind.  I still feel like it's centering yourself on someone else's day.  Maybe save the funny for the reception?  I'd at least handle it better there.
    Yeah, I'm glad the bride seems fine. I'm just... why does this wedding need to be about you? Wear a T-Rex costume to your own wedding.
  • I feel like this is one of those things where there's a backstory or it's kind of expected. The article doesn't explicitly say so, but leaving out part of the story to make it seem more interesting wouldn't be new. 

My sister has horrible anxiety. When she got married, she had so much anxiety about all eyes on her during the ceremony. Leading up to the wedding, we had a joke going that I would purposefully trip coming down the aisle so that the attention could be deflected to me and she could process in peace. Although I did a little stutter step to get her to laugh, I stayed on my feet. We're not the type of people who dress up like dinosaurs, but I'm not going to judge if the couple isn't upset about it. Maybe this is just how they are. 
  • I don't get it and it seems silly.  But I also assume there is a backstory to this or, at the very least, this kind of wackiness is part of the sister's personality and so the couple was cool with it.

It also looks like a smaller, more intimate kind of wedding where most/all the guests are going to be family/close friends and know the sister also.  I could see it being a laugh with an "Oh, that Jane!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I thought it was funny but I do agree reception would make more sense than the actual wedding. I also think there is a backstory like PPs said 
  • kvruns said:
    I thought it was funny but I do agree reception would make more sense than the actual wedding. I also think there is a backstory like PPs said 
    I agree!  At least for the reception entrance.  I assume she didn't stay in that costume for any or most of the reception.  It looked like it was hard for her to walk and move in it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker