Wedding Woes

Fri-yay!

Happy Friday Friends! 

It is the end end of summer Friday’s here but my boss is out of town and told me to take off early, so I’m definitely about that today. I have a huge meeting on Monday (a one-on-one with the Treasurer of the bank) so I’m prepping for that today and wrapping up some other work. Should be a low-ish stress day! 

No real plans for the weekend. The weather has finally cooled off a bit so I’m hoping we can spend a little more time outside & turn off the AC and air out the house a bit. 

Whats everyone else up to?

Re: Fri-yay!

• I'm working but DH is off.   We celebrated FIL's birthday with the older family last night and DH just didn't want to work after a later night.

Sadly DH and FIL can't go out fishing today since even though we aren't getting the horrible weather currently in the Carolinas, Dorian is still disrupting ocean flow up here in CT and we have a small craft advisory going from 11 AM today until 9 PM tomorrow.    

The hope is that after the rain and wind are gone we still have Chiquita's first soccer game tomorrow and then we plan to have a celebration for FIL that includes our kids tomorrow night.   There will be lobster and key lime pie!
  • How did FIL like his present @banana468
  • @CharmedPam he had one wine bottle that DH brought (no reason to bring 6 when they'll all look the same and we live 2 miles away from each other) and he did like that one too.    
  • Better night last night, but we're back to being up for awhile ... which absolutely SUCKS.
    At least we thought ahead and gave her advil early so I could give her another dose when she was upset later.

Tomorrow is my bday. I'll be 32 {WTFFFFF} and my mum and I are going shopping. It's gotten cold a.f so I need pants. M is going to a football game with sFIL, so MIL is coming to watch BabyKitten. MIL is gonna stay until after the game because sFIL has the car.
    This means I really have cleaning to do tonight. Mostly vacuuming tbh but I may get M to clean up a bit before MIL comes over.

Sunday they're watching her for max 2hrs while M and I go for dinner for my bday.
    BabyKitten doesn't do great with long meals and the 2 places we're gonna go, it's not exactly kid friendly {hence why we really don't go anymore} Sushi or buffet.
    When she's 2, we'll probably try her at the buffet. She'll hopefully be better. Right now she just doesn't wanna sit long - which is fine, at a buffet she can walk around with either of us - but also she just doesn't like to go to restaurants often.
    We've tried taking her, for at least exposure but it's not easy when it's just the 2 of us. It's easier when there's at least 1 more person.
    When we try buffet, we may try it with my mum or MIL and sFIL to help ease everything.

Does anyone have suggestions on making restaurant experiences easier or is this just a "it takes time"/"better with age" kinda thing?
  • @banana468 Glad he liked it. Any chance you can post a photo to show it off ;)

@CharmedPam Set a note to remind you to log off ;)
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2019
    I got approved to work 3 hours of OT today.  So that definitely turns not being able to take today off into a positive.  It is SUPER RARE I get OT here.  I've worked here over 6 years and I think this is only the 3rd time.  I should probably be asking more often when I have the work to justify it, lol.

I'm actually salaried.  But it's in my work contract that I still get time and a half when I work more than 40 hours in a week.

I'll be joining in for more work on the duplexes this weekend.  Though I usually plan for Sun. to be a total relaxation day.  I'll also need to hit Walmart or a grocery store at some point.  But that's about it.  Nothing too exciting, lol.

@charlotte989875, I'm jealous of your possibility to turn the a/c off, lol.  It's actually been some of the hottest days this year over the last week.  There have been two different days that had heat advisories because the "feels like" temperature was going to be over 105.  I keep telling myself it is only 3 more weeks until October.  As if Oct. 1st will "magically" be the turning point for great weather because Oct.=fall, lol.

Edited to add:  @MissKittyDanger, you too!  "gotten cold AF".  Puh-leez, smh, :).  I'm teasing, but I sure wish we could trade 10-20 degrees.  Happy early birthday!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Having lunch with a friend this morning. Her son got married a month ago and her daughter just got engaged, so I'm looking forward to hearing about those events. Afterwards, I'm cleaning the house (main floor) because we are having company arrive tomorrow evening. It's another race weekend so H and his friend will be gone on Sunday. That's about it for today. 

Glad your FIL liked your H's present @banana468.  Have fun at the tennis match and outlets @kvruns. I haven't been down there in a while - probably a good thing. 

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Banana - Glad the gift was a hit!

MKD - Happy Birthday!  As for going out, we have been taking DD to restaurants since she was a few weeks old.  As she has gotten older, we would have toys and food for her as soon as we would sit down.  When she was around 1 and before, we would bring her the Gerber Lil' Crunchies - basically a healthy cheese puff.  DD LOVED THEM!!!  That always kept her calm and happy.  Now, we usually ask for crayons (I also carry a small amount of them) and she colors.  We also usually order her food with our drinks, so she can get eating faster.

I got my cake finished last night and it came out nice!  The peaches and cream filing was good!  Next time, I will add more peaches.  I should have had 2 cans for the size of my cake and of course had no peaches at home!  So I made due with the 1 can.  Everyone loved it and raved about the taste/design too!  I got my usual "why are you working here?  you should own your own bakery!" comments too.  Those always make me laugh!  Its tough out there, this job is easy and pays well!  LOL!

Tonight I want to finish painting the bathroom.  I got off schedule with my back issue and making the cake.  The rest of the weekend, we will be working on removing the old vanity, putting the water shut offs on at the vanity area and then doing any drywall patching that is needed after doing the plumbing work.  Once the mudding is done, then I will paint that area.  Hopefully in the next week, the half bath will be done!

We also got good news that our contractor is finally ready to do our siding!  They will be dropping off the dumpsters on Tuesday and starting work on Wednesday!  So we will be doing prep work for that too, I'm sure!
  • @OliveOilsMom If I know we're going to eat, I make sure to bring pouches for her to snack on, plus whatever else we have. We're not quite at the colouring phase {she will eat the crayon or shove it up her nose ...} but we do have toys.
    I think it's mostly she's disinterested right now and would rather be checking out her surroundings instead :\ My child is nosy/curious
  • It's my last day of work before vacation!  Tying up some loose ends and checking my list for things I need to take home (headphones - charging cord - etc). 

Tonight is going through with DH what he wants to pack and probably making a Walmart run.  Tomorrow is laundry, packing, gathering all of our documents and any other last minute stuff.  Sunday we are going to stay at a hotel near the airport and have dinner with friends who live near there.  Monday we fly out and Tuesday we cruise.  We come back to Vancouver on 9/17 and will spend 2 nights there before taking the train back to Seattle for a night and then fly home.  

I'm super excited for the trip and just want to get these last minute things tied up so I can relax!
  • Happy Birthday @MissKittyDanger!  Ahhhh to be 32 again.... I don’t have kids but as far as eating out, I’d say practice makes perfect.  Like, dine dine dine till she gets it.  It worked for us as kids. Even if it means you have to dine out every day, you gotta take one for the team lol

@short+sassy, your job is like mine.  I was told there was a lot of OT when I was hired and I actually wanted it.  But then we did some internal changes and decided we were only going to work on serious cases and like 50% of the workload went bye bye.  When I get approved for OT, which is rare, I get so happy but then see my paycheck and ponder if the little bump was worth it?

@oliveoilsmom, glad the cake turned out.  I would have loved peaches & cream.  Yum!

• You’re going to have THE BEST time @MNNEBride.  Enjoy my dream vacation for me, k?

• Happy Birthday @MissKittyDanger!  Ahhhh to be 32 again.... I don’t have kids but as far as eating out, I’d say practice makes perfect.  Like, dine dine dine till she gets it.  It worked for us as kids. Even if it means you have to dine out every day, you gotta take one for the team lol

@short+sassy, your job is like mine.  I was told there was a lot of OT when I was hired and I actually wanted it.  But then we did some internal changes and decided we were only going to work on serious cases and like 50% of the workload went bye bye.  When I get approved for OT, which is rare, I get so happy but then see my paycheck and ponder if the little bump was worth it?

@oliveoilsmom, glad the cake turned out.  I would have loved peaches & cream.  Yum!
    I'm going to help out @MissKittyDanger, in spirit, by taking this advice, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CharmedPam - we certainly will!  I'll share a few stories and pics when we get back.
  • Happy birthday! @MissKittyDanger

I picked up a shift at work today. I’m debating picking one up tomorrow if they ask. Tbh I’d rather them ask me to stay over tonight. But we’ll see. I am pretty tired. We are technically supposed to go to breakfast with my parents tomorrow but I can skip if I have to. September is going to be a busy month. 

• @MNNEBride, have fun on your all's vacation and cruise!  At least you're going to be on the Pacific and not in the Caribbean (phew).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • enjoy the cruise that sounds fun!

@ILoveBeachMusic I haven't been to the outlets in almost 2 years! My parents and i go every year but the weather was bad last year for it so we just stayed around town and i never got back down there. This won't be a full shopping trip but will hit up some places I like and see what is new. 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2019
    We always talk about going to the outlets before school starts and for Christmas, but we rarely make it down there. 

I think tonight is a Costco run.  Tomorrow, DH is going to start working on a loft for our barn.  DefConn has a bday party and then I'm dropping him off at my parent's house.  My dad is taking him to an air show with my nephews on Sunday.  DH and I are going out tomorrow night.  Not sure where or what yet.  

Sunday is football day.  We'll be sportsing all day.  ;) 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    We always talk about going to the outlets before school starts and for Christmas, but we rarely make it down there. 

I think tonight is a Costco run.  Tomorrow, DH is going to start working on a loft for our barn.  DefConn has a bday party and then I'm dropping him off at my parent's house.  My dad is taking him to an air show with my nephews on Sunday.  DH and I are going out tomorrow night.  Not sure where or what yet.  

Sunday is football day.  We'll be sportsing all day.  ;) 
    Same. And I can’t wait.