Wedding Woes

Thursday. I think.

2»

Re: Thursday. I think.

• kvruns said:
    A coworker is newly pregnant.  Apparently she had told some members of our senior leadership team and at our quarterly town hall we always have open time to mention any good things going on etc. The CEO specifically called her out and was asking if she had anything to share and kept prodding til she did.  She was like 8 or 10 weeks and had not planned to share with the company like that so early. I was so pissed for her. 
    WTF!?!?
    Is there any way she could tell HR or someone because that is so not ok!
    the whole company was there, so there's no real telling anyone since everyone witnessed it. And since it was the CEO who did it she would never complain about it to anyone and no one would have the balls to say something to the CEO either. 
  • kvruns said:
    kvruns said:
    A coworker is newly pregnant.  Apparently she had told some members of our senior leadership team and at our quarterly town hall we always have open time to mention any good things going on etc. The CEO specifically called her out and was asking if she had anything to share and kept prodding til she did.  She was like 8 or 10 weeks and had not planned to share with the company like that so early. I was so pissed for her. 
    WTF!?!?
    Is there any way she could tell HR or someone because that is so not ok!
    the whole company was there, so there's no real telling anyone since everyone witnessed it. And since it was the CEO who did it she would never complain about it to anyone and no one would have the balls to say something to the CEO either. 
    I'm guessing that since there's not much she can do about it she has to ensure that she keeps things she doesn't want out in the open very much to herself at that place.   What a pain in the ass. 
  • Thanks everyone this is all SUPER helpful! I know it’s way putting the cart before the horse but it’s really good to hear about what other people did! 

Any other advice/suggestions are always welcome!!
    At any point, feel free to pick my brain on suggestions for newborn needs. I gave @Casadena a few suggestions recently when she asked
  • VarunaTT said:
    I hope all of you new-ish ladies realize that WW is not the same as social media.  We expect to be in the know!!!  

JK..mostly.  ;)
    ^^^^^
    This.

The month before I was pregnant, I thought I was an came to you ladies.
    {I wasn't - it was actually called a 'chemical pregnancy' fyi}
  • VarunaTT said:
    I hope all of you new-ish ladies realize that WW is not the same as social media.  We expect to be in the know!!!  

JK..mostly.  ;)
    Oh you’ll all know! 
  • VarunaTT said:

JK..mostly.  ;)
    Oh you’ll all know! 
    I never made a pregnancy announcement on social media, but of course y'all knew. About a month after the baby was born we made a post because we didn't want people to be shocked when we showed up with a child, like "when the fuck did this happen!" We told the families when I was back visiting at around 18 weeks. I told some friends at that point too. Other than that, everyone found out after he was born.
  • MJL - when my best friend had her son it was before social media and she kept the pregnancy hidden (single, wasnt sure she was going to keep the baby). After he was born we had plans to hang out with our larger group of friends and it was litterally like "wtf you have a baby" because she hadn't told any of these people even though they were relatively good friends. One was convinced it was a prank.
  • kvruns said:
    MJL - when my best friend had her son it was before social media and she kept the pregnancy hidden (single, wasnt sure she was going to keep the baby). After he was born we had plans to hang out with our larger group of friends and it was litterally like "wtf you have a baby" because she hadn't told any of these people even though they were relatively good friends. One was convinced it was a prank.
    I know a girl who was kinda like that. She wasn't sure if she was keeping the baby {same deal - single}, so told no one until she was 6 months pregnant and it was only because someone ran into her. So she kinda said on social media "fyi I'm pregnant" - and she even said the only reason she opted to tell people was because she was running out of reasons to not go out since she use to party a lot
  • VarunaTT said:

JK..mostly.  ;)
    Oh you’ll all know! 
    I never made a pregnancy announcement on social media, but of course y'all knew. About a month after the baby was born we made a post because we didn't want people to be shocked when we showed up with a child, like "when the fuck did this happen!" We told the families when I was back visiting at around 18 weeks. I told some friends at that point too. Other than that, everyone found out after he was born.

I don’t totally know how I’ll feel once I am pregnant but I can see us doing this. H is really private & doesn’t really share anything on social media (I don’t even know if he checks it) and while I’m a little more public I still think we’d keep it to telling people we are close with (including you all of course!) in person rather than any big announcement.

Although I find other people’s announcements super adorable!