Wedding Woes

my website is a hot mess - thanks the knot

who would have thought?  i spent so much time putting my website together here on the knot. then right after i notify my guests of the site, some glitch removes all the locations for my wedding and wedding weekend activities. i call, i email, i tweet. finally i get an email response and they say they can't add the location themselves, but some fix will be instituted overnight.

well, that didn't happen. the wrong venue is now on the wedding page. imagine getting married in new york but holding the cermony in texas! what genius updated it to that?!?

this is seriously the last source of stress i anticipated for this wedding. unbelievable. but i guess you get what you pay for? 

Re: my website is a hot mess - thanks the knot

• Yeah, the knot's tools are known to be notoriously bad.  See if you can find a cached version of your website and set it up on a different host. 
  • Yikes, that totally sucks. 
  • Is there a way you can contact your guests to advise of the glitch? That's really unfortunate but might be easiest in theory
  • Honestly, I'd put a redirect on your theknot page and pick another site (realistically ANY OTHER SITE) to put the info on.
    The redirect can point guests to the new page, so no info is lost.

But really, theknot's wedding webpage tools sucked donkey balls 10 years ago, and I don't know that they've gotten better.
    (Do NOT use them for the RSVP info.  If you ignore me and do, capture the data often to put elsewhere.)
  • Sadly, TKs website has been glitchy as long as I've been a member. 
    I would take GBCK's advice.
    I'm sorry this is happening to you.

• edited September 2019
    GBCK - i'm going to do that tonight. i wasn't expecting people to rsvp so quickly.

it's crazy because i could have just done my own website and avoided this. thought i was saving time an energy. 

and don't get me started on the app...
  • It might be faster to just input the correct information again yourself? Unless Im not understanding right...
    it won't let me update. it either won't let me type in certain boxes or it won't accept the changes i make and tells me to email them. obviously if i could have fixed this i would have. but now i have people that have rsvp'd so i don't want to mess with it too much.
  • edited September 2019
    GBCK - i'm going to do that tonight. i wasn't expecting people to rsvp so quickly.

it's crazy because i could have just done my own website and avoided this. thought i was saving time an energy. 

and don't get me started on the app...
    I've put your complaint on the moderator/administrators board. Most likely, there is nothing the administrators can do, but they should know about the stress that TK causes with their non-functioning wedding websites.

• Oh no, that sounds like such a frustrating experience! Tech glitches can be a real headache. Considering your situation, it might be a good idea to explore more reliable hosting options or even consider redirecting to another website just to ensure everything goes smoothly.