Wedding Woes

Fri-yay!

It’s sunny, it’s cooler, and it’s finally Friday. I also just treated myself to a super tasty vanilla latte with almond milk. I’m feeling today. 

Im having dinner with my sister and the babe tonight while H has a thing at the club. Tomorrow he’s doing floors then we’re checking out our towns Oktoberfest. Sunday is football and I’m feeling good about my Bills! 

Re: Fri-yay!

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2019
    Nice! Never had a vanilla latte (always been pumpkin!) but sounds good.

i canceled all my weekend plans to recover some more. I have someone coming out to look at my raccoon problem, so hopefully they fix that up.  And I *think* I found my collar/cape for my costume but I’m hoping I can get myself to Joann this weekend for material.  I’m a-ok comfort wise for the most part, but sitting at my desk for 9 hrs a day takes a toll on me. 

Edit words

• What a sad situation @mrsconn23.  Did they foster with the hopes of adoption? 

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2019
    What a sad situation @mrsconn23.  Did they foster with the hopes of adoption? 
    Yes and no.   ETA: They were open to adoption if the situation felt right for all involved and it worked out, but they also knew that it may not come to pass for a myriad of reasons.  So, they went into it as open as possible about what could come to pass. The issue is that the system is such an odyssey and you're told one thing one day and then 3 weeks later, it's totally different even though nothing has clearly changed.  

Our DCS is really messed up and has been for years.  Our last head of DCS wrote a scathing open letter basically saying the agency is so badly mismanaged that kids are going to die because of it. 

The issue in their case is that they are coming up on a year and the case has been pretty stalled out, but their case manager is feeling pressure to close it or else more questions will be asked (like why if they're not reuniting him, is termination going to start?).  So the case manager is basically dragging mom along to get her shit together so they can justify giving the kids back (yes, there's 2...and, one on the way :/ ). In the meantime, foster nephew's issues with the events that have led to his removal have not been truly addressed/worked on in therapy and his relationship with his mom has deteriorated because she's not engaged with him.  

I have a TON of empathy for foster nephew's mom knowing what I know about her.  She's also a victim of the system, but she's also an adult and her kids need to be protected...even if it means from her.  Just knowing what I know, this cycle will not be broken.  And knowing it may break my foster nephew further hurts me deep in my heart because he's such a sweet child who calls me "Aunt Shara (Sara)" and just wants to come to my house to jump on the trampoline. :( 
  • That's sad @mrsconn23 I"ve thought I would like to foster sometime in the future when baby B is older but I don't know if I could deal with the heartbreak of knowing a child is going back to an unhealthy environment. I'd also like to look into being a Child Advocate/GAL in the future too as a stepping stone.
  • kvruns said:
    That's sad @mrsconn23 I"ve thought I would like to foster sometime in the future when baby B is older but I don't know if I could deal with the heartbreak of knowing a child is going back to an unhealthy environment. I'd also like to look into being a Child Advocate/GAL in the future too as a stepping stone.
    We have friends who've adopted out of foster care and we learned a lot about their experience.  And now with my sister, DH and I know that we're definitely not cut out for it.   

But seeing all this does make me want to look into what I can do, even just on a volunteer basis, for child advocacy as it relates to the foster system. I told DH last night that I don't have the answers or even how you could go about any of it, but the lack of any rights for children is very frustrating because a blind man on a galloping horse can see how this will likely play out.  I'm not wishing for it, but I don't see much that gives me hope that foster nephew will be going back to a changed for the better situation. 
  • @charlotte989875 is it like the Starbucks one just almond milk?

@mrsconn23 is there a way they could tell him their door is open and keep contact with him? Not just to ensure he's ok, but so he knows they still think of him and if something happens that he feels comfortable about coming back?

On the good side, what's the fall trips you're planning?

@CharmedPam how are you doing since surgery?

BabyKitten didn't go down as easily as the night before, but I managed to get a good feel in her mouth. As I'm struggling to hold her while I run my finger against her gums I'm telling her to chomp down on my finger {pressure helps her and gives me a good feel}
    Also if she's gonna piss me off and not go to sleep, I'm gonna get damn answers.

Upper right is half through.
    Lower right is next - I feel definitive bumps and it may break soon.
    Upper right canine might be coming too.

Upper left is still in progress {to be noted, we thought that'd be first}
    Lower left - nada.

Other canines. Nada. Upper right looks like it could make progress but could just sit there and taunt us.

Weekend plans - Saturday going to an afternoon BBQ with M's former coworkers. Morning M is gonna take BabyKitten to the park so I can vacuum the main level and remove the couch cushions also.

Sunday we're seeing M's grandpa. He's having a hard time. M's grandma passed in June, but since then he's moved, one of his friends is in the hospital and his other friend's daughter is in the hospital - so his support system isn't able to be around.
    M was suppose to go last night but he's been fighting a cold and didn't wanna risk getting his grandpa sick.

M's buddy is suppose to come over and we're really only texting him to come over because we said we would, but neither of us want him over. I'm still mad about next week and M just isn't thrilled about it either, but we're giving him a time frame he can come over since it'll be Sunday and we're seeing M's grandpa.
  • That just breaks my heart @mrsconn23. I don't know of any state that has a good system. I think everyone wants to reunite moms and kids. Sometimes that just isn't the thing to do.

I did a little yard work today after working out - trying to beat the heat. We have a lot of all clean up stuff to do every year so I thought I'd get a start and do a little at a time. Tomorrow we are going to see DS2. I'll be doing some outlet shopping and going to Jungle Jim's. We haven't been over there in a while so time to show the youngest some love. We are also waiting to hear from DS1 as to when they might want us to help them move. They are still in the getting it ready to move in mode. Luckily their house is just down the street from where they are renting. 

Have a great weekend y'all.
  • @mrsconn23 check this out https://www.childadvocates.net/  I donate during a Christmas drive and throughout the year to a group that provides things for foster kids and I know they are affiliated with Child Advocates 
  • @MissKittyDanger the coffee shop across from my building is AAY better than Starbucks but yeah it’s a vanilla latte with almond milk instead of regular (regular hurts my stomach when I drink too much) and they add an extra shot of espresso. It was a nice treat this morning!
  • i want to try out this coffee shop @charlotte989875, because I used to hate *bucks and then suddenly LOVE it. 
    @MissKittyDanger, hopefully it all works out with unwanted friend.  I make plans ALL the time for stuff and then when if comes up I’m like “damn. I don’f wanna go!” Maybe he’ll decline. 

I’m doing Ok.  Thanks for asking! I may have went back to work to early and I may have graduated back to my bed to early because the process of healing is a slow one.  I moved back to my couch.  I’m not supposed to use my stomach muscles to get up - but I’m doing this with no help (H took the first 5 days off, all he had).  How the hell can I do that?  I hope they meant no stomach muscles for the first 2 weeks (when the drains are in)... I also have a conference I have to go to next week so i’m super hoping for improvement by then. 

• That's heartbreaking @mrsconn23
    One day after the next the kids have been waking up with a cold so I'm just waiting for it to reach me.  Tomorrow morning is their first soccer practice of the fall season...this will probably be the last time they're all on the same team so trying to enjoy the relative sanity.  Welcome back festival at their school tomorrow afternoon and may hit up the town fall street fair after mass on sunday, might not..
  • Nice! Never had a vanilla latte (always been pumpkin!) but sounds good.

i canceled all my weekend plans to recover some more. I have someone coming out to look at my raccoon problem, so hopefully they fix that up.  And I *think* I found my collar/cape for my costume but I’m hoping I can get myself to Joann this weekend for material.  I’m a-ok comfort wise for the most part, but sitting at my desk for 9 hrs a day takes a toll on me. 

Edit words
    Semi-related.....I saw this article and think of it every time I find a fan of PSL...
    https://www.delish.com/food-news/a28912758/what-is-starbucks-secret-cinderella-latte/?utm_campaign=socialflowFBDEL&utm_medium=social-media&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1gYUrFobGYDiFGb2QwKWz-tF0OnQaIUZ6L7t8ufRDEC-axxm3tOlO2i8U

• Yeah I saw that @MobKaz! I’d like a sip
    or two to try it but sounds to sweet for me. All
    this starbucks talk reminds me that I have to stop by mine and see if it has the spiderweb tumbler in. 

• Hi @MobKaz! I've been wondering where you have been. Hope all is well.

• Hi @MobKaz! I've been wondering where you have been. Hope all is well.

Thanks!  It's just been a crazy couple of weeks.  Nothing earth shattering or life altering, but enough to just make life a tad nuts.  I was going to post a few times on some of the WW threads, but...yikes!  I'm going to duck my head and just keep on keepin' on.  Some of these ladies have a whole lot of something going on and I'm just lighting candles for them all  My worries/stresses/hassles will pass soon enough (crossing fingers).