Wedding Woes

Not admitting it's Monday

I see I'm not the only one who doesn't want to face that it's Monday!

I took Fri. off and had a 3-day weekend.  It was mostly relaxing.  It was the end of Restaurant week.  My H and I took advantage of that and had lunch on Fri. at a place we'd been wanting to try and brunch on Sun. at an old favorite.  The lunch place has a pork belly banh mi that I still want to try, but the meals we actually had were only so-so.  The chicken was so dry and overcooked.  At least brunch was its usual awesome experience!  My meal came with creamed spinach, but they used cream cheese as a replacement for cream.  Wow!  It made one of my favorite sides even better.  Why isn't everyone doing this, lol?

Back to work today and burning the candle at both ends to make up for missing Fri.  Still worth it!  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Not admitting it's Monday

• Meh. I'm so tired. 

Weekend was good. Had my company picnic. Went to see Hustlers, which was funny and good, but sort of anti-climactic. 

But we're leaving Friday and I can't fucking wait. 
  • I worked on the weekend and keep thinking today is Tuesday.

• This is my first day back at work in 3 weeks. Remember that egg retrieval I had a few weeks back? It landed me in the ICU for 10 days. I’m still so tired and ready for this to all be behind us. It’s been a nightmare dealing with the disability and insurance companies. I just want to take a nap 😩😩
  • oh no @NBSquared2017 that sounds miserable. Sorry you're dealing with it but if you're back to work I hope that means you've recovered now.
  • This is my first day back at work in 3 weeks. Remember that egg retrieval I had a few weeks back? It landed me in the ICU for 10 days. I’m still so tired and ready for this to all be behind us. It’s been a nightmare dealing with the disability and insurance companies. I just want to take a nap 😩😩
    OMG! I'm so sorry! How are you feeling now? 

I'm so sorry you also have to deal with bullshit insurance nightmares. That really sucks. 

I hope you have a smooth recovery!
  • I’m like 75% there. Just so exhausted and I can’t eat anything because I still have about 25 pounds of fluid that still needs to drain. 

I’m swollen and cranky and nauseous, but much better off than I was just a week ago! 
  • @NBSquared2017 Oh no! That's crazy. 

@cupcait927 - how did you run a 200 mile race?!?
  • Omg @NBSquared2017 that’s awful. Sending you good healing vibes. 

Weekend was okay. I worked most of it and they ended up calling me off on Sunday. I was pretty tired but rallied to have a date night in with FI. It was nice just sitting on the porch and relaxing. Today I’m recaulking our sinks/tub and it’s taking longer than anticipated. I might not have time to clean the rest of the house but I can do that tomorrow. 

• @NBSquared2017, omg, I'm so sorry to hear that happened!  I hope you get back to feeling 100% soon and glad to hear you're at least feeling a lot better than you were.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NBSquared - Oh no!  I'm glad that you are on the upswing!  Hope that you can get back to normal quickly!  Healing vibes!

Our weekend was good.  Friday I WFH, to help with the dogs.  The carpenters came to installed the patio door!  I barricaded them into the living room with me and they were mostly fine.  I LOVE the patio door!  Our window before was huge, but the door brings in so much extra light, its amazing!  The workers finished removing all of the asbestos siding and put up the foam installation sheets, they should be starting on siding today!

We got more done in the half bath!  H got the drywall up around the pipes and has started spackling.  H thinks he only has one last coat to go and then I can paint the remaining part of the wall.  Then its just installing the vanity and hanging stuff back up.  I do need to touch up the white paint too, but I will get it all done before the vanity goes in, its so much easier to paint that way.  I also went to the AR Workshop place again to make decor for the wall on Friday.  My next project is free!  Woohoo!
  • OMG @NBSquared2017!  That's terrible!  I hope you're feeling much better.  I bet that was terrifying. 

Weekend was OK.  We ran to the store on Friday night. 

I worked all day Saturday and then I was pretty well spent afterward.   FIL came over for dinner.  

Sunday, I got up and went to my friend's daughter's soccer game.  I did some shopping afterward.  I watched the Colts win (w00t!).  And then I took a nap on the couch.  After that, I did some cleaning and then we went to bed pretty early.  

I slept on my neck wrong.  It feels OK holding it in place, but trying to stretch it hurts.  I feel like an old lady.  
  • @short+sassy  I've never been a creamed spinach fan, but I'm curious ....

@climbingwife I heard it's based on real life situations .... it seems pretty amusing though.

@NBSquared2017 Oh yikes :( I hope you're feeling better though :\

@cupcait927 jeez! I don't run, so kudos to doing while pregnant lol

@CharmedPam mmm popcorn ;)

I had a whole update and then lost it .... oh well.
    BabyKitten has a cold and had to be picked up early. :( I think I'm gonna get M to meet me at walmart and get the humidifier tonight.
    Also need to get cat food .... urg
  • Hustlers is based on a real life story - it happened in Manhattan. It was a big story here when it happened. 
  • @NBSquared2017, hope you’re healing all right. How scary! 

Weekend was good. Our town does a big Oktoberfest on Saturday so we checked that out. Good food and beer! I played 4 football games that day too so by yesterday I was just exhausted. 

Not much else. It’s Monday and I’d rather be home than at work. 
  • @cupcait927 way to go!! That’s so awesome! Was this your firstborn Ragnar?
    Thanks! Yes, first time Ragnar! I did the Peak to Brew relay in the ADKs two years ago (same concept, much smaller scale in terms of participants). My husband's family has been doing it for 10+ years and I finally got the opportunity to join their team this year.
    Thanks! Yes, first time Ragnar! I did the Peak to Brew relay in the ADKs two years ago (same concept, much smaller scale in terms of participants). My husband's family has been doing it for 10+ years and I finally got the opportunity to join their team this year.
    That’s awesome. I bet the views were incredible! How did you feel running? H and I are trying now and my biggest concern is about running while pregnant. I’ve got two half’s coming up. 
    That’s awesome. I bet the views were incredible! How did you feel running? H and I are trying now and my biggest concern is about running while pregnant. I’ve got two half’s coming up. 
    I've been okay running up until this race. My biggest issue was having to pee constantly during my runs. I'm 19 weeks and the pressure on my bladder while trying to run was miserable, which hadn't previously been an issue. I wanted to run a half in November in Syracuse but I think I might put that one on the back burner until next year.

I also had a really hard time running during the first trimester because the exhaustion was so bad. I could barely get through my day, let alone then try and run. When you do get pregnant, and you can get yourself out of bed early enough, run in the mornings before work. I did a lot better if I ran first thing in the morning rather than waiting until after work. 
  • I ran throughout my pregnancy and I have no idea if it helped with having an easier pregnancy or not but I like it to think it helped. I was coming off a stress fracture in my foot when I got pregnant so I just stuck with 3 miles at a time although if I hadn't had the stress fracture I think I would have run further. 

I have some friends who ran halfs and even a full while pretty darn pregnant (one was Boston so she didn't want to miss it) but I think if you're doing something long like that then you taper back your expectations and take lots of walking breaks so you're not overdoing. 
  • Thanks @cupcait927 and @kvruns! We’re trying now and I do have two half’s scheduled for October & November. Both my OB/Gyn and my primary are both runners so they’ve said it’s all good to keep doing it 
    What half's are you running?
  • Thanks @cupcait927 and @kvruns! We’re trying now and I do have two half’s scheduled for October & November. Both my OB/Gyn and my primary are both runners so they’ve said it’s all good to keep doing it 
    I’m doing the Ellicotville half here (about an hour south of Buffalo) and then the Indianapolis half! A bunch of my running buddies who I did the Ragnar with are all running the full so I’m going to do the first half with them. Since I wasn’t sure if I’d be pregnant or how I’d be feeling I wanted to stick to the half. 
    I’m doing the Ellicotville half here (about an hour south of Buffalo) and then the Indianapolis half! A bunch of my running buddies who I did the Ragnar with are all running the full so I’m going to do the first half with them. Since I wasn’t sure if I’d be pregnant or how I’d be feeling I wanted to stick to the half. 
    The one in Ellicottville looks fun! Normally that would be a little too far for me to travel for a half (it's about 2 hours from me), but I could probably convince H to turn it into a long weekend if I'm back in running shape next year and we have someone watch the baby! 
    The one in Ellicottville looks fun! Normally that would be a little too far for me to travel for a half (it's about 2 hours from me), but I could probably convince H to turn it into a long weekend if I'm back in running shape next year and we have someone watch the baby! 
    This is my first time running it but everyone here says it’s a great race! That area is so pretty that time of year and Ellicotville is a really neat town if you’ve never been! 

I really want to do the Wine glass series (that’s out near you right?) and the Seneca falls half because they’re all fall races. Maybe next year!