Wedding Woes
Options

Woeful Wednesday

I hope you all are having a better Wed. than myself.  I had a busier than usual Tues. night, so that did not help.

My Mon. trip to Sam's club was supposed to include Gatorade Zero.  Except even though other Sam's club stores in the area carry Gatorade Zero.  Apparently the one I went to on Mon., f**king does not.  This would be despite the fact that the NOLA area has one of the highest per capita rates of diabetes.  And this particular store apparently had room for 6-7 Gatorade options of the full sugar varieties, but not even one for Gatorade Zero.  Whatever.

Which then forced me to have to grocery shop on Tues. because this was the last day Winn Dixie was going to have Gat. Zero on sale for 99-cent 32 oz. bottles.  We already had plans to support a friend with some kind of fundraiser night.  So I hurry home from WD.  Eat something quick.  And then we head over to the bar that's having some Happy Hour where the proceeds go to a Mardi Gras walking club he belongs to.  Something like that.  Except he had his nights wrong.  So his club is having a meeting at the bar last night, but it's not the fundraiser.  So after saying hi to us and apologizing, he's sitting at the table with them.  But it was annoying to even go out on a Tues., only to have it be the wrong day anyway.

My H and I decided to have a drink at the bar and then we'll just head back home.  We're not there even 10 minutes and a fight erupts in the bar, smh.  We would have just left, except I hadn't paid for my drink yet and my H hadn't even ordered his.  The bartender had left to go break up the fight.  My H is trying to get me to just leave, but I didn't want to walk out on the bill and felt safe "enough".  Luckily nothing happened to us.  But we got TF out of there as soon as the bartender came back so I could pay for my beer.

The rest of the night was uneventful.  But then I woke up at around 3:30 in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep for about an hour.  So I woke up this morning exhausted and with a headache.  Ugh.  I still feel crappy, but at least the headache quickly died down to just being mildly uncomfortable.

I'm also on the hunt for used appliances.  Which I always hate doing.  One of our dryers went out for our newest tenant.  Plus we need to get appliances for the first unit of the duplexes that should be ready soon.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer today, lol.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Woeful Wednesday

• Options
    Wow that’s a lot @short+sassy, glad you guys are okay. 

Not too much here. Work is busy, we’re doing a ton of work on the floors in the evening, and I’m just tired.  It’s all good I really have nothing to complain about, I’m just sleepy, lol. Other than that just trying to have a baby. 
  • Options
    I'm also fussy and out of sorts today.  I have a helluva fever blister that was huge and I'm vain enough that I called in yesterday.  I've never had one this big and it's painful AF.  I'm also just out of sorts too.  I've planned a night out for myself on October 12 and I'm excited about it.

Other than that, SSDD except for a damn painful fever blister that is actually keeping me from talking and smiling normally.
  • Options
    @short+sassy  urg too much  :\ Rough!

Even though it wasn't intended even close to this, but I feel like my daycare provider made a passive-aggressive comment to my mum? My mum said she didn't feel it was and based on past things, she said that daycare would have mentioned something to me also.
    Which is true. But it just irks me that it was said to my mum - she could have texted me.

The comment was regarding BabyKitten's outfit. I swear I thought it was gonna be warmer, so I put her in a dress and sandals. When I stepped outside, I realized it was chilly so I grabbed a pair of pants since we didn't have time to swap outfit.
    Daycare said "I think it's time to put away the sandals now for BabyKitten, don't you think L?"

Which I hadn't planned on keeping them out much longer. More just because I knew there was going to be at least one more warm day before it was over.
    M said same as my mum, but idk. I'm just irked I guess.

BabyKitten seems to be a little better with sleep. She had a hard time going down, but once she did, she was out for the night.
    My had to actually wake her up this morning too lol!
  • Options
    I had my annual today and she couldn't find my IUD strings, which it's probably just been 'pushed up'.  And there's a spot of concern on my right breast.  It's likely just a cyst that's flared up due to my cycle. But no unprotected sex until I get an ultrasound and I'll have another exam at that time as well.  It's going to be a long month of waiting for all this to be resolved.  

Tonight is coach purse bingo.  I'm on a team meeting conference call that is lasting for-ev-er.  

At least I'm wearing my new cardi today and I look cute.  It's also a good hair day.  :) 
  • Options
    ((hugs)) @OliveOilsMom.  It's still hard even though it might be the right decision. 

I called DH after my appt today and then he texted me that it's probably time for him to get the ol' snipsnip and I texted back, "Ya think?"  ;) 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2019
    @short+sassy, crazy when that happens.  Out of curiosity (because your answer depends on if you should have finished the beer or not) what kind of beer was it?

@MissKittyDanger, yeah that comment would have irked me too.  Just let it slide off your back though. 

@mrsconn23 rock that cardi & hair!

@OliveOilsMom fantastic!  Great job

This morning I gave myself to much time for my blood testing and had some time to kill before going into work (wasn’t going to go in early).  I was in and out in a minute and last time It took 1/2 hr with a wait list.  So I went to Walmart on my way to work. Seriosuly underwhelmed with their Halloween section.  Still got to work early too.  I hate that.  I don’t want to look to to eager 😁

• Options
    @CharmedPam, Abita Amber draft.  Which was probably a dumb choice to begin with because, although it's yums, it's also what I stock at home.  So why pay $8 (inc. tip) for one?  I usually choose something I haven't tried before when I'm at a bar or pick whatever is on special.  But I chose it as a knee-jerk reaction.  I did finish most of it by the time the bartender came back, because I knew we were leaving.

Abita is a local brewery, but they are big and their beer is everywhere in this area.  Abita Amber is their most popular brew and it's pretty good.  Definitely a step up in quality from Bud/Coors.  Not that that is saying much, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, see, if it was a shipyard pumpkin ale, With vodka and brown sugar ring, I probably wouldn’t even have turned my back and the fight would be all around me without me noticing.

30 days I will get some of that delectable ale. 

• Options
    Yikes @short+sassy!  *hugs* @OliveOilsMom

Nothing new happening here.  Just glad the week is half over.
  • Options
    What an annoying day @short+sassy

Hugs @OliveOilsMom

Good vibes, @mrsconn23

I went to lunch with my mom today. And my flight leaves in about six hours. I’m trying to decide if I should gamble with the size of my “personal item.” It’s squishy so it will fit their dimensions if you shove it together but on it’s own it’s too large. Ugh. I hate spirit. 

• Options
    levioosa said:

Hugs @OliveOilsMom

Good vibes, @mrsconn23

I went to lunch with my mom today. And my flight leaves in about six hours. I’m trying to decide if I should gamble with the size of my “personal item.” It’s squishy so it will fit their dimensions if you shove it together but on it’s own it’s too large. Ugh. I hate spirit. 
    I don't know if any of you watch the Daily Show with Trevor Noah.  But they have a running gag where they are always making fun of Spirit Airlines.

My H and I have been curious if there's a "backstory" there and, if so, what it is, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    levioosa said:

Hugs @OliveOilsMom

Good vibes, @mrsconn23

I don't know if any of you watch the Daily Show with Trevor Noah.  But they have a running gag where they are always making fun of Spirit Airlines.

My H and I have been curious if there's a "backstory" there and, if so, what it is, lol.
    Pretty sure the back story is just that Spirit is the fucking worst. They nickel and dime Ev. Er. Y. Thing. The planes are uncomfortable, everyone is pissed because there is no way this is going to be enjoyable. It doesn't have to be anything specific, just flying spirit is a bad day.
  • Options
    levioosa said:

Hugs @OliveOilsMom

Good vibes, @mrsconn23

Pretty sure the back story is just that Spirit is the fucking worst. They nickel and dime Ev. Er. Y. Thing. The planes are uncomfortable, everyone is pissed because there is no way this is going to be enjoyable. It doesn't have to be anything specific, just flying spirit is a bad day.
    My parents love spirit.  We went from Vegas fo San Diego once and they bragged about how they got seats for like, $60. (Cant remember the real price).  I used southwest for like, say, $75.

guess who had to bring their suitcases with us on our flights that allow 2 free?  

When they landed they admitted it was a little cramped.