Wedding Woes

Someone wake up Green Day

Re: Someone wake up Green Day

• They woke up and released a song for NHL ;)

"Fire (Ready Aim)"
  • This is too clever a discussion title to have not been used!  :D
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2019
    Oh, y'all.  I can't even tell you how much this is my Katrina song.  I've heard similar words from other New Orleanians/Mississipians.  It was released (8/31/05) just a couple days after that Hurricane hit.

And there we were in September.  Feeling so lost.  Unsure what our future held.  Everything in limbo.  It was one of the worst times of our lives and we did just want to fast forward to more direction and when we would feel more normal again.

While I realize it is about the death of that band member's father.  This song really spoke to me and I'm glad it was on the radio a lot, during that time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy  It's crazy to think it came out in 2005 1st of all .... but yeh, that makes sense.
    Billy Joe {lead singer} lost his dad and just had a hard September.

But really .... iconic album from them.
  • @short+sassy  It's crazy to think it came out in 2005 1st of all .... but yeh, that makes sense.

I did not know this! 

I did not know this! 
    I read it in an article. Idk if it was one in Rolling Stone or another
  • The articles on the song are interesting - it was never meant originally to become the hit that it ultimately became!  Also, he updates the song each year when performing it live, it's that personal for him.  

No photo description available
  • MesmrEwe said:
    The articles on the song are interesting - it was never meant originally to become the hit that it ultimately became!  Also, he updates the song each year when performing it live, it's that personal for him.  

No photo description available
    I didn't know he updated it every show.
    I'd heard it wasn't suppose to be a hit though