Wedding Woes

Magnificent MONDAY!

How was the weekend? 

Magnificent because the Colts won - I still can't believe it. They're doing so well this season for having their QB quit right before the season started. 

Weekend was good. Friday night my parents came up and we took B to a local trick or treat event in the town square. Saturday was outdoor play and park. Sunday was the Children's Museum and way too much indoor time after that which drove me crazy but it is just how it worked out.

Re: Magnificent MONDAY!

• Weekend was good but this week is going to kill me from anxiety, I swear.

Friday night was a bit of a rough night. BabyKitten went down fine but then was up from 1030 - 1am ... and then up at 730am freaking out. M was getting up with her, but I heard something that sounded like her escaping from her crib, so I basically launched myself from bed to rush in.
    She did not escape.

What M figures, was since I wasn't fully awake that it was the sound of her throwing something {teether or stuffed cat} out of the crib.

Anyways, they let me sleep until almost 9am :)
    We dropped BabyKitten at my mum's pretty early since my mum wanted to take her a few places.

I Vacuumed & cleaned the bathrooms.
    M hung a light and finished his computer stuff. And brought the other light upstairs. that we were replacing.
    I was hoping he'd do the yard, but by then it was just not enough time for him to do yard and shower.

Wedding was good but cold. Fall is always hit or miss. In the sun it was nice, but the place they were to have apps was an outside area that had a fair amount of wind. I found a nice area to stay out of the wind.
    Ended up drinking more than expected and got drunk.

I was fine until I got home. After an hour of sleeping, I got sick :( Everything.
    Luckily it happened, or else I would've had a horrible hang over the next day lol

M and I went for breakfast and put a few things by the front door in the basement. {summer stuff - paddles for kayak, M and BabyKitten's life jackets, fishing things, etc}
    BabyKitten apparently got a tooth recently? Well part of upper left molar broke through. Could have been the issue Friday night/Saturday morning.

Today I have a meeting at 3pm with my boss and Wednesday I have my license test.
    My stomach is in knots and I'm dying.
  • @ILoveBeachMusic extra times with babies! :) 

@Casadena Definitely keep walking :) it'll help later lol ;) Luckily you're not pregnant in warm weather at least! How much longer until due date?
  • Casadena said:
    @ILoveBeachMusic extra times with babies! :) 

@Casadena Definitely keep walking :) it'll help later lol ;) Luckily you're not pregnant in warm weather at least! How much longer until due date?
    I'm due New Year's Eve!  SO happy it worked out that I'm not super pregnant in the heat - I hate it enough as it is :)
    Ooh! Do you feel you'll make it to your due date? I was due June 8th and entire time I felt like I wouldn't make it to due date, but not too far away {ended up having her May 28th}

How have you been feeling in general?
  • FYI if any knotties here are currently living in London - sFIL is there until the 9th. He is 6'7" so you can't miss him.
    Lol

He's sent photos of British Museum already - beautiful!
  • Ugh, we had such a bad weekend after a bad week.  I really needed to rest and relax, but that didn't happen nearly as much as I was expecting.  I'm not going to get into everything.  But my Saturday turned from just going to the grocery store and Walmart...which is bad enough...to my whole day taken up with other unexpected errands.  Sunday had unexpected errands for a few hours also. 

Here is one of the weekend sagas, lol.  There were others (sigh).  But this is the serious one that goes past just being annoying.  Names are made up:

Some of what I did was help my H with his p/t job (taking photos of hotel event boards), because one of our neighbors (Cay)...who is also a good friend...had fallen and needed to be taken to the ER (she's an elderly lady) and he'd been helping her.  Apparently, she's been in a bad way for a few days and hasn't been eating or drinking.  So she was also dehydrated.

It had us concerned, all around.  She lives with another elderly woman (Day).  The friend who went to the ER is in poor physical health, but her mind is still fine.  However, her roommate/BFF has some health problems...not as major...but is losing it mentally.  Plus, that person can become mean and verbally abusive, especially to Cay.  Together, they can maybe function on their own.  Though, after this weekend, my H and I are not so sure.  Cay and Day know they can call on my H to help them.  However here was Cay, not eating or drinking for a few days, but Day didn't call my H until Cay fell and couldn't get back up.

I already had a pre-emptive talk with H.  It's just so sad because they are fast approaching where they need assistive care.  But we know these women and they will fight it tooth and nail.  They both highly prize their independence and don't like change.

My H is sometimes helpful to a fault and I told him he needs to WATCH that!  We are not nor can we be caregivers for these ladies as they start needing more help.  Helping them carry in their groceries, great.  Helping in an emergency to call an ambulance, great.  But we cannot take on a greater role than that.  We will call one of those elderly services numbers if we feel it has come to that.  But, if that time comes, it would be a hard thing to do also because it will feel like we're telling grown adults what they need. 

If anyone has thoughts/suggestions, I'm all ears!  Neither of them have children.  I'm not sure if they have siblings and/or nieces and nephews.  But, if they do, I don't think they're local.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy  Sounds like your H has a big heart, which unfortunately gets taken advantage of often. {not that these ladies are}
    Maybe look into family - or talk to them about it. Using the reasoning of "we're not always around, and family should know if something happens"
  • I’m sick. I left work at 1 and I’m about to take a nap. 
  • Weekend was pretty good. 

Fiddler was amazing.  I forgot how long it is and how much dancing.   I remember now we spent as much time in dancing rehearsals as we did singing back in HS.  Our dinner was pretty good (Lou Vino, for you locals).  They have wine and cheese flights.  :D  

The boat is winterized.  It took DH and FIL a lot of time to do it. 

I could NOT believe last night's game.  It was a thriller.  I love when the Colts win a game where they've been written off.  I love this team and how low-key they are about everything. 

I'm definitely tired today after staying up to watch the whole thing.  But it was worth it. 
  • I’m sorry @short+sassy. Maybe contact your local adult protective/social services chapter to see if they could assign a social worker to investigate and provide resources? Or your local Ombudsman? My parents live on an aging street. Currently my mom is basically acting as a caregiver for an elderly neighbor but she can’t do it much longer since her health is deteriorating as well. It’s a really sad situation all around. It sounds like your neighbors probably need assisted living or at least an aide at their home. 

I hope you you feel better @charlotte989875

• mrsconn23 said:
    Weekend was pretty good. 

Fiddler was amazing.  I forgot how long it is and how much dancing.   I remember now we spent as much time in dancing rehearsals as we did singing back in HS.  Our dinner was pretty good (Lou Vino, for you locals).  They have wine and cheese flights.  :D  

The boat is winterized.  It took DH and FIL a lot of time to do it. 

I could NOT believe last night's game.  It was a thriller.  I love when the Colts win a game where they've been written off.  I love this team and how low-key they are about everything. 

I'm definitely tired today after staying up to watch the whole thing.  But it was worth it. 
    DH is from Kansas City. I've been complaining for the last few weeks that I can never watch the Colts because STL defaults to the KC games now. But last night I got to watch, haha. And throughout that game, there was always the announcer recap, like, "Now the COLTS are up at halftime" or whatever and I was finally like, "You don't have to sound so damn surprised about it EVERY time you mention it."