Wedding Woes

Tough Mudder?

I'm running my first Tough Mudder next weekend, and I'm truly terrified. I'm running it with my trainer (that I work out with twice a week), and he insists I'm going to do great. We've been training specifically for it since August. However, the more I watch videos, etc. the more scared I get. 

So, has anyone done one of these before? I am going to die? 

PS - I signed up for the 8-10 mile one, with 25 obstacles. KILL ME/ 

Re: Tough Mudder?

• FI has done them. The only thing he didn’t like was the electric shock obstacle, and I don’t think they do those any more. I think you’ll do great! 

• I'd be terrifed too - that's all I've got! Trust your trainer that you can do it, I bet you will be so proud once it is over.
  • Just here to say - you can do it!  You are a mountain climber, right?  I'm sure this will be right up your alley!
  • Running at all is an "obstacle" enough for me, lol.

But while I don't have any advice from experience, I am rah-rah'ing you from the virtual sidelines.  You can do this!!!!

I'm sure you'll do great!  Especially considering your trainer has full confidence in you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you guys!! 

@OliveOilsMom yes, I'm an avid rock climber and hiker. Still scared for the obstacles! 
  • One of my best friends does these. She loves pushing herself beyond what she thinks she can do, and I'm sure you will too. The only thing she says is that she has to be realistic with some obstacles, depending on the race. There are obstacles where people have gotten hurt. If you find something like that, it's better to skip than risk an injury. Having your trainer there will help you stay safe, though. 
  • One of my best friends does these. She loves pushing herself beyond what she thinks she can do, and I'm sure you will too. The only thing she says is that she has to be realistic with some obstacles, depending on the race. There are obstacles where people have gotten hurt. If you find something like that, it's better to skip than risk an injury. Having your trainer there will help you stay safe, though. 
    Good to remember! Thank you! 

For some reason, I feel this immense pressure to push myself to compete in things like this before my 40th birthday (I turned 39 last month). When I signed up months ago, I was feeling super confident. But the closer we get, the more nervous I become!