Wedding Woes

Pre-Gaming Friday (aka Thursday)

At least this week is almost over.  I'm struggling at work.  I have a lot of incompetent co-workers (it's not necessarily their fault, but I'm not getting into that).  Since I'm a bit higher level over a lot of them, I end up with some of their files.  And they're always a *&^)(#@%!&^!! mess.  I've also had to take some specifically b/c they were messes and fix them.  Fixing other people's messes and doing their jobs is basically working my last nerve right now.  I'm glad we're coming into the holiday season, b/c I really need some time off and I'm still trying to build up my PTO, so I can't take any extra.

I'm going to see Gemini Man tonight!!!  Much excite!!!!  Also, I'm so completely working this unlimited pass to get myself points.  I'm not sure if it's fair or not, but I'm paying for it, so meh.

Re: Pre-Gaming Friday (aka Thursday)

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2019
    I found out who requested the stupid change (another team) and I'm hoping my boss can get them to change it back.  Because this change affects 100% of my team's job function and the only 'improved' a job function the other team uses 30-40% of the time.   This team annoys me on all the levels (they looovvvee to nitpick our team and 'it's not my job' is their mantra), so finding out it was them is making me twitchy.  I guess I was due for work drama.  LOL

DH is going camping this weekend with DefConn (and FIL, BIL, and their uncle) and is off tomorrow.  I'm so jealous, especially since I have to work Saturday morning.  I took Sat afternoon off to head to SIL/BIL's because other SIL and nieces will be there.  Also, I have patchworked time off the next couple weeks since DefConn will be on fall break.  I'm ready for the minibreaks from work. 

Reading through Prudie.  SSDD otherwise. 
  • Just when I thought I was finally starting to get caught up at work, the client e-mailed me a clusterf**k, first thing this morning (insert huge sigh).  I'm done with almost half of it and am taking a much needed breakfast break to fuel the mind!

I won't be at work tomorrow because I need to do fasting bloodwork for a doctor's appointment I have next week.  Nothing serious.  Just my twice yearly visit with my endo.

And I'm so funny!  His office is in one of the suburbs.  I have a love/hate relationship with the suburbs.  I hate taking the time and hassle to get out there, so I'm rarely in those areas.  But then it's also a little exciting when I do because there are all kinds of stores and restaurants that can only be found there.  Places I would go more often if they were closer to me, but aren't worth the drive on their own.  So, whenever I have to go to the suburbs, I typically cram in other things I've been putting off and/or wanting to check out, lol.

I also get to pick up my cruise certificate from Harrahs tomorrow evening, plus I have $85 in slot play.  That's the cruise certificate I was annoyed about on my post a few weeks back.  Because customer service couldn't tell me ahead of time any of the important details about the cruise.  Not even the dates or WHERE it was leaving from/going to.  The mystery will finally be solved.  At least I hope so, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @VarunaTT That sounds incredibly frustrating. Dumb question, what do you do?

@mrsconn23 Glad you figured it out and hopefully they're switch back. Enjoy time alone at least ;)

M is home with BabyKitten today and she's gonna be with MIL and SFIL tomorrow. Daycare is closed for family issues.

I have made a decision to wait until spring to do my driving test again. I have to focus on my credit counseling course since my exam is in January and I cannot fail.

That being said, my documents are being dealt with and sent soon :) I just got all the signatures I needed. It may be Tuesday because idk if my boss needs to email confirmation - despite that she already signed docs. Hmmm I'll probably know today.

This weekend is thanksgiving, and other than dinner at MIL and SFIL, we have no plans.
  • Let us know how the cruise certificate turns out @short+sassy!

I am reluctantly meeting a friend for lunch today. I don’t really want to go but I can’t flake out. I had us meet in the middle since she doesn’t drive and driving out to see her is exhaustingly far. Not much else going on today otherwise. 

• @MissKittyDanger, happy Thanksgiving to you and all the other Canadian Knotties!  I forget every year that your all's is in Oct.  In the US, Columbus Day is Mon.  Technically it is a federal holiday.  But the only company I ever worked for that gave us that day off was a defense contractor, ie quasi-government work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy Thursday everyone.  Nothing new over here.  My kids have their flu shots after school tomorrow and I'm so torn between gently easing them into it and just springing it on them tomorrow.  One is a trooper but two literally act like they're being murdered when they get shots.  So I don't know.
  • Crazy busy at work.  I want fo see Gemini Man! Looks really good.

@MissKittyDanger.  It’s snowing in Winnipeg.  Like, real snow.  Anything in Vancouver?  The West coast is typically better weather anyway. Happy T-giving! 

Wil have to ready Prudie tomorrow.  Can’t believe it’s 4 pm already!  The guy who clears his throat every minute is driving us batty!! 

• @VarunaTT @CharmedPam - what unlimited movie pass thing do you guys use?  This sounds so awesome.  I LOVE going to movies but it's very cost prohibitive if you do it a lot.  Just curious what you use :)

Very excited for the weekend. It's supposed to be super chilly Saturday morning, but H and I are have a date day and going to one of the last few farmers markets in a suburb near us with a cute downtown.  We specifically want to visit a spice shop that we spent far too much time in when we visited Breckenridge last year (they have a location around us).  Also hoping to get some mums and pumpkins for the front porch!  
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2019
    Casadena said:
    @VarunaTT @CharmedPam - what unlimited movie pass thing do you guys use?  This sounds so awesome.  I LOVE going to movies but it's very cost prohibitive if you do it a lot.  Just curious what you use :)
    I use the Regal Unlimited.  I can see as many movies as I want, as many times as I want, whenever I want.  The only limitations are I can only buy 3 movies in advance and those advance tickets can't be the same movie (only I figured out today the movies advance CAN be, they just can't be overlapping times).  If I go to the theatre, ticket is free, purchase through the app, it's $.55 cents.  If I buy 3D/IMAX, then there's a surcharge of $3.00.  They do have different levels of their unlimited though, so that would be reduced depending on what level you bought.  That level really just depends on the theatre(s) you have.  My level is $19.21/month.  Right now, I've averaging about $4/movie, but with the new Oscar season starting, I'm guessing that's going to start dropping.  :smile:

I use it in conjunction with their loyalty club, which I think I'm going to be averaging at least 1 free ticket, plus others stuffs (popcorn, digital copies, etc). every 2 months with how many loyalty points I'm able to rack up during their promotions.

• VarunaTT said:
    Casadena said:
    @VarunaTT @CharmedPam - what unlimited movie pass thing do you guys use?  This sounds so awesome.  I LOVE going to movies but it's very cost prohibitive if you do it a lot.  Just curious what you use :)
    I use the Regal Unlimited.  I can see as many movies as I want, as many times as I want, whenever I want.  The only limitations are I can only buy 3 movies in advance and those advance tickets can't be the same movie (only I figured out today the movies advance CAN be, they just can't be overlapping times).  If I go to the theatre, ticket is free, purchase through the app, it's $.55 cents.  If I buy 3D/IMAX, then there's a surcharge of $3.00.  They do have different levels of their unlimited though, so that would be reduced depending on what level you bought.  That level really just depends on the theatre(s) you have.  My level is $19.21/month.  Right now, I've averaging about $4/movie, but with the new Oscar season starting, I'm guessing that's going to start dropping.  :smile:

I use it in conjunction with their loyalty club, which I think I'm going to be averaging at least 1 free ticket, plus others stuffs (popcorn, digital copies, etc). every 2 months with how many loyalty points I'm able to rack up during their promotions.
    Wow, that's awesome!  Seems definitely worth it :)
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2019
    I really like it.  The main reason I did it is because I really love movies and the cost is what kept me from going, not the want of going.  I also live a block from my downtown theatre, so it's basically now my main source of entertainment.  It is weird to scan through the list and realize there's basically 2 left to see and I don't want to see either of them, but in the next months there's like six I want to see just in big releases and I'm sure some smaller ones will come through too.

Oh and I get 10% off concessions and the 10% stacks on top of the monthly coupon from what I can tell.
  • VarunaTT said:
    Casadena said:

I don't know if you have a Sam's Club membership, but they often sell $50 worth of gift cards for Regal for $40.  I realize you wouldn't need them for the tickets, lol!  But the gift cards can also be used for concessions and possibly the app surcharges.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CharmedPam I'm in Ottawa, and nothing here. Lol actually really nice lately! Alberta has had snow for almost 2 weeks now and Vancouver rarely gets snow {M's aunt and uncle live there}
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2019
    @CharmedPam I'm in Ottawa, and nothing here. Lol actually really nice lately! Alberta has had snow for almost 2 weeks now and Vancouver rarely gets snow {M's aunt and uncle live there}
    I’m not sure why I thought you were from Van? Glad you have no snow.  My sister wants to move to Calgary for lack of snow.  Snow - just not Winnipeg snow. My 7 year old niece is like super sensitive and when my sister mentioned retirement to Calgary she started to cry.  So no more talks of moving in front of her!

we actually have 2 movie passes. Cinemark which I may be dropping since we don't go and every month I get a ticket credit  and I think we have 6 built up already.

Our main one is amc A-list.  That’s $22.95/month with taxes.  3 movies a week any format.  Just can’t purchase 2 movies going on the same time.  We LOVE dolby Completely captivating and that ticket is $16.95 a person so if we use that at least once a month with any other movie it pays for itself. 

I found out Rob Zombie’s 3 from Hell wont accept A-list membership though 😞 gotta pay for that one.

• @CharmedPam I'm in Ottawa, and nothing here. Lol actually really nice lately! Alberta has had snow for almost 2 weeks now and Vancouver rarely gets snow {M's aunt and uncle live there}
    I’m not sure why I thought you were from Van? Glad you have no snow.  My sister wants to move to Calgary for lack of snow.  Snow - just not Winnipeg snow. My 7 year old niece is like super sensitive and when my sister mentioned retirement to Calgary she started to cry.  So no more talks of moving in front of her!

we actually have 2 movie passes. Cinemark which I may be dropping since we don't go and every month I get a ticket credit  and I think we have 6 built up already.

Our main one is amc A-list.  That’s $22.95/month with taxes.  3 movies a week any format.  Just can’t purchase 2 movies going on the same time.  We LOVE dolby Completely captivating and that ticket is $16.95 a person so if we use that at least once a month with any other movie it pays for itself. 

I found out Rob Zombie’s 3 from Hell wont accept A-list membership though 😞 gotta pay for that one.
    LOLOLOLOL Calgary has snow! Alberta ALWAYS gets snow now .... doesn't matter where you are. She wants no snow? B.C! Fort Langley is where M's aunt and uncle live and some areas are definitely more pricey than others, but it's where no snow is.
  • LOLOLOLOL Calgary has snow! Alberta ALWAYS gets snow now .... doesn't matter where you are. She wants no snow? B.C! Fort Langley is where M's aunt and uncle live and some areas are definitely more pricey than others, but it's where no snow is.
    No no no.  She knows she gets snow in Calgary but because of the mountains the temps are better and less snowfall then the Manitoba prairies.  We know a few people there actually (family that moved). She’d love B.C. but couldn’t afford it.  

• LOLOLOLOL Calgary has snow! Alberta ALWAYS gets snow now .... doesn't matter where you are. She wants no snow? B.C! Fort Langley is where M's aunt and uncle live and some areas are definitely more pricey than others, but it's where no snow is.
    No no no.  She knows she gets snow in Calgary but because of the mountains the temps are better and less snowfall then the Manitoba prairies.  We know a few people there actually (family that moved). She’d love B.C. but couldn’t afford it.  
    M's cousin and his gf live near Lake Louise and they just got dumped on, so I guess it depends on location?