Wedding Woes

Fri-Yay

Y'all out here talking on other posts and not starting the daily?

Image result for come on son psych gif

The actor who played Lassister in Psych was in the latest episode of This is Us and I got excited, so looked up his bio and there's a Pysch 2 coming out!  I'm very happy about this.

Image result for dance psych gif

I'm heading out this weekend to see/stay with a good friend in the city, go play mini golf at the art museum, and see a musical with an old college friend in town for a show out of NYC and brunch.  I"m very excited for this weekend and bought a new outfit last night for all of my shennanigans.

I do NOT want to be at work.  

Re: Fri-Yay

• Others?  Anyone?  :smiley:

Image result for bueller gif
  • I will start off with some Psych love!  One of my favorite shows!  I got H hooked too, when we started dating.  And when DD was under a year, she stopped whatever she was doing to dance or watch the opening credits!  Hallmark movies & mysteries airs it in reruns!  I'm so happy that "Lassie" is back to good health and acting again!  He had a massive stroke, if you did not know.  He will feature more prominently in the 2nd Psych movie.

Yesterday, I was home with DD.  She still had a fever, so no school.  MIL came over after her morning bus run, so that I could work uninterrupted.  She is back to school today, since her temp was normal this morning.

We just have some small projects to bang out this weekend.  Sunday we are going to a pumpkin carving event.  They do very complicated and intricate pumpkin carvings and light them up.  It's really cool, here is the link: click.  We will probably do a quick bite somewhere before heading over there.  We have the first entry tickets at dusk, so I'm hoping it won't be too crowded, but also dark enough to really see everything.
  • Pumpkin glow looks cool!  Hudson Valley area in NY has something almost like that. It was pretty cool

i was going to get up early to start back on the treadmill but spent the whole night (up till 11:45 or so) on the phone with a friend of mine going through a very fresh divorce/separation. And tonight we have tickets to see Adams Family so I guess I start tomorrow? 

Doc appt tomorrow with a belly button repair scheduled-  which I hope only puts me out of commission for a day because Im only starting to feel back to normal now. 

• Weekend is looking busy!   Chiquita has a soccer game on Saturday and Sunday and then Sunday night we are hoping to go out to a zoo in RI to see their pumpkins on display.   I hear it's really cool to see and need to buy tickets. 

• @VarunaTT I've only seen the 1st ep of the season, but who is he playing? {fyi I did not see that being Jack!!}
  • banana468 said:
    Weekend is looking busy!   Chiquita has a soccer game on Saturday and Sunday and then Sunday night we are hoping to go out to a zoo in RI to see their pumpkins on display.   I hear it's really cool to see and need to buy tickets. 

I’ve been wanting to go to this for years (the pumpkin thing in RI, not Chiquitas soccer game... but if I’m allowed to bring a flask then maybe her game....)! I just can never schedule a day there on our NE trips!

• Lots of meetings at work today and it's also our Oktoberfest celebration.  So I have some good german food to eat while i get some work done!

H and i are going to take it easy tonight and have date morning tomorrow at the farmers market.  Sunday probably chores and football!
  • Work is insanely busy but we get out at 3, and I am leaving at 3:00 on the dot. No later. 

I’m still sick, but hoping another day of resting up after work will help. H is leaving tomorrow for a bachelor party in Pittsburgh so I’m planning to take it easy all weekend. 
  • Urg, downside about doing groceries during the week is that we're not home until late and the rest of the night just feels like it's rushed because - unloading, dinner, calm down and then bed.

Coming to winter, we'll probably start doing it on a weekend but this weekend is Thanksgiving and we didn't have veggies for our dinner and I refuse to shop on a long weekend. Saturdays are busy a.f already.

Saturday it's suppose to be crumby weather, so I think we'll probably clean. I know we're doing dinner just the 3 of us.

Sunday is dinner at MIL and sFIL

Monday idk. Depends on weather.
  • had to do a webinar for a client about Medicare and now I'm just chilling. Another client needs to review and sign something so I'm just waiting for that.

This weekend is my college's homecoming. It is my 15 year and I'm going bc a good friend is going and I haven't taken B yet. Of course it is going to be a high of 50 so now sure we will stay too long. He was supposed to go 2 years ago but it was even colder then. Might stop by my parents house after. They always want me to if I'm in their vicinity but then it ends up meaning being gone all day so I'm playing it by ear on how B is. I am sure DH won't want to but oh well. 
  • @MissKittyDanger Yay, long weekend!  I still work Monday, but it's going to be chill at work, and extra pay for working a holiday so I am not complaining.  Apparently I am doing a 4 hour hike tomorrow, so I hope the weather isn't actually that bad.  And then Thanksgiving dinner at the ILs on Sunday.

• Oktoberfest tomorrow. I hope it goes well. FBIL (the one who cheated) is driving me crazy. We are doing them a favor and driving them up. Well, technically it’s FSIL who is doing the favor and has the bigger vehicle so all six of us can go. He is all upset that we aren’t meeting at our house (20 min in the opposite direction), that he doesn’t know what freeways to use (dude use google—if your 74 year old father can figure out road closures and directions, you can too!), and that he has to chip in gas money. I’m ready to lose it. I’m trying to keep my cool because it’s not fair to his wife if I’m all angry and passive aggressive towards him all weekend. Thank goodness they’re not staying with us. Other than that I’m just cleaning the house, shopping, and packing for the weekend. 

• @kerbohl yay extra pay ;) I use to be so torn between extra pay and a day off lol
    Mmm fancy dinner
  • I'm so glad the weekend is near. I'm still fighting a stupid cold after 2 weeks and really could use some extra sleep. Pretty chill weekend here. The weather is perfect, so will probably do a hike or the park with the dog tomorrow, then run some errands and clean house. My friend is trying to get me to go to the pride parade, but it's always so crowded. I just don't know if I'm up for it this year, but we will go to a bonfire after party Saturday night.

Sunday we may go up to an orchard for apple picking with my niece and nephew. Or I may decide that's also too crowded and stay home and bake. I have a bunch of bananas that didn't get eaten and are ready to go into a banana bread. 
  • banana468 said:
    Weekend is looking busy!   Chiquita has a soccer game on Saturday and Sunday and then Sunday night we are hoping to go out to a zoo in RI to see their pumpkins on display.   I hear it's really cool to see and need to buy tickets. 

I’ve been wanting to go to this for years (the pumpkin thing in RI, not Chiquitas soccer game... but if I’m allowed to bring a flask then maybe her game....)! I just can never schedule a day there on our NE trips!
    The game isn't much more than an hour so they're tolerable.   Flasks or "coffee" also help. 
  • That’s insane @mrsconn23; I’d be terrified if my doctor called and said get to surgery now. 
  • MrsConn - I hope good news for your mom.  That is super scary to get a phone call like that!  
  • @CharmedPam I've been to the Hudson Valley pumpkin event. Pretty cool! 

Today was our volunteer day at work. Just got back to the office after doing food deliveries. 

Our company is a sponsor for NYC Wine & Food Festival so I got free tickets to an event tonight. Super psyched! Just rented a car so both H and I can drink. 

I'm also going to a winery tomorrow with my girlfriends. 

And I will probably need to spend all of Sunday recovering from Friday and Saturday. 
  • There is a guy who just moved into the office right behind my desk and has been snorting and spitting and hacking all day.  It's driving me insane and also it's so fucking gross it's making want to puke.  

Just needed to vent because no one is around.  

@climbingwife that even sounds amazing, have an awesome time!
  • @mrsconn23 how scary. Did they mix her results up with someone else or did they just get concerning results from a recent test? 
  • @mrsconn23 luckily you were able to talk to older sister, I would freak out too - on all sides.
    Why did they wanna rush it and then let her wait until Tuesday?
  • I will start off with some Psych love!  One of my favorite shows!  I got H hooked too, when we started dating.  And when DD was under a year, she stopped whatever she was doing to dance or watch the opening credits!  Hallmark movies & mysteries airs it in reruns!  I'm so happy that "Lassie" is back to good health and acting again!  He had a massive stroke, if you did not know.  He will feature more prominently in the 2nd Psych movie.
    I did and his character in This is Us is recovering from a stroke.  That's why I went looking because I wanted to see what his actual recovery vs. what the show recovery is.  Right now, he's only listed as in 1 episode on IMDB, but I'm hoping it's a recurring role.  he has a hilarious few minutes in it about his recovery work.
  • @VarunaTT I've only seen the 1st ep of the season, but who is he playing? {fyi I did not see that being Jack!!}
    I figured out it was Jack about three minutes before the show revealed it, but I thought it was so great.  Every time I think the show can't get better, it does.

Odmunson plays the new next door neighbor of Kate and Toby.  He yells at Kate about Toby parking in the middle of the sidewalk.  She's crying outside at another point and he comes over to yell at her again.  She basically tells him to leave her alone, she's upset and he goes into extreme detail about his stroke and how he is trying to walk and Toby's car is in the way.  However, it's done with a fantastic comedic flare and I was cracking up the entire time.  There is definitely a great chemistry between the actors and the stories they're portraying and I'm really hoping he becomes a regular occurring role.
  • kvruns said:
    @mrsconn23 how scary. Did they mix her results up with someone else or did they just get concerning results from a recent test? 
    It was results from her recent CT scan (and it's supposedly not cancer).  However, what he sees/saw and her lack of symptoms don't match.  So she was able to talk to the surgeon's office and since she's asymptomatic, they're OK with waiting.  She has a list of things to look out for and they have her flagged if she calls that they know what's up and what needs to be done. 
  • @mrsconn23 luckily you were able to talk to older sister, I would freak out too - on all sides.
    Why did they wanna rush it and then let her wait until Tuesday?
    Her oncologist sounded the alarm, but her surgeon's office said it was OK to wait after talking to her since she's having no issues/symptoms that scream 'emergency'.  It's all very strange.  Her oncologist is a good doctor, but his office/staff makes me batty sometimes.  This is not the first issue we've had with them not being 'on their game'. 
  • VarunaTT said:
    @VarunaTT I've only seen the 1st ep of the season, but who is he playing? {fyi I did not see that being Jack!!}
    I figured out it was Jack about three minutes before the show revealed it, but I thought it was so great.  Every time I think the show can't get better, it does.

Odmunson plays the new next door neighbor of Kate and Toby.  He yells at Kate about Toby parking in the middle of the sidewalk.  She's crying outside at another point and he comes over to yell at her again.  She basically tells him to leave her alone, she's upset and he goes into extreme detail about his stroke and how he is trying to walk and Toby's car is in the way.  However, it's done with a fantastic comedic flare and I was cracking up the entire time.  There is definitely a great chemistry between the actors and the stories they're portraying and I'm really hoping he becomes a regular occurring role.
    They wrote the part for him and incorporated the IRL stroke he had.  I hope he sticks around too. 
  • VarunaTT said:
    @VarunaTT I've only seen the 1st ep of the season, but who is he playing? {fyi I did not see that being Jack!!}

Ahh! M isn't a fan of the show, but loves the way they write.

I kinda like how they didn't say his name even when they did reveal it was Jack. I felt it was a more subtle way of piecing it together - kinda like how they've done in so many ways.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2019
    Enjoy your weekend plans everyone!

Three-day weekend for me thanks to Columbus Day monday...tomorrow morning we have our Christmas card photo shoot, I decided on a cream and subdued red (almost maroon) color scheme...just have to make sure the kids' brown shoes all fit before stores close tonight bc the shoot is at 8am.  Then making a creepy cobweb cake for a Halloween party at my parents' tomorrow night.  Nothing but mass and a nature walk on the itinerary for sunday, and a yummy feast monday, so should be a nice weekend.

Edit spelling