Wedding Woes

Ugh Tuesday

I've been up since before 6am.  We had to take my car in because it was leaking oil and there were a few other things going on.  DH is crappy because traffic sucked, he's frustrated with the car repairs, there's work fuckery, and, and, and...

We've already scuttled our weekend trip to Louisville because of this mess.  I'm trying to stay positive and he's just...being a stick in the mud and I'm over it.  Cranky DH is super annoying because he always seems to call me a million times when he's like this and has the same shitty tone each time, no matter what I say.  

Typical Tuesday, LOL.  ;) 

My mom did just come pick up DefConn to take him for the day.  Now I just need to want to work. And I really, really don't, ha.  At least I'm off work tomorrow. 

Re: Ugh Tuesday

• First day after holiday. Always a bit of chaos.

Saturday - crumby weather so we all kinda chilled. Planned on cleaning but did not. BabyKitten was up at 5am but I got her back down at 730am and I went back to bed because fuck that.
    Unfortunately she did not take a nap during the day because she got up 10:30am - we've discovered there is a point she will not nap if she's up later than a certain time.

Sunday - M took her to the store early so I got to watch "This is Us" and do my makeup. They came back, we had lunch and she took a nap.
    We crashed too. We've both been so tired lately.
    Thanksgiving dinner at MIL and sFIL

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3nJ8fwF4K5/

Near the end of the evening, BabyKitten headed towards the stairs - someone had accidentally left the baby gate open! I quickly saw this and essentially launched myself across the room.
    I bruised my foot but she didn't fall down the stairs. I also have zero idea how I got there so fast but I slid half way.
    *sigh*
    I had to lie on the floor for a couple mins because I don't react well to fear and adrenaline very well .... also, my foot. Lol

Monday - I cleaned my table - aka the catch all for the house - and we voted in the advanced polls. BabyKitten had a great time smiling and waving at people while M and I took turns to vote/watch her.

If anyone is looking for affordable makeup, I'm definitely suggesting ColourPop
    They have a new palette out that's grey scale and let me tell you how fucking difficult it is to get grey shadows. GOOD grey shadows.

https://colourpop.com/collections/the-smoke-show

I'm prob ordering something soon. Definitely palette. Maybe one with the liners. Idk. I have a few things in my cart for purchase soon.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2019
    Sorry a lot is happening right now, @mrsconn23.  Hope your day off brings some brightness!

@MissKittyDanger  Babykitten - can she get any cuter? No.  Really.  Can she? And colourpop was created and
    resides in California.  Why the U in color? At any rate - good prices.  I donf normally wear shadow though. 

Last night H and I watched Elvira: Mistress of the Dark.  It’s a halloween time classic for me.  It’s so campy and great.  I love it.  Probably more than hocus pocus. H was laughing at a bunch of things and I’m like “have you seen this before?” And he shook his head. How has my 46 year old hubby never seen this 80’s classic? 

• @CharmedPam I have my questions about BabyKitten too ... you should see her when the wind catches her little bits of hair lmao idk why but every time it just kills me.
    I didn't know where they were from, but that does not make sense if American and the U .... idk
    Also as for hubby's not knowing classic movies .... don't worry, M hasn't seen a lot of classic movies and I joke he lived under a rock.
  • Busy at work this morning.  I also got a call from a guy looking for an attorney.  No idea what his name was, just that his assistant who called, had my first name.  I'm the only one in my firm with this first name, so the receptionist sent him to me!  He did kindly tell me that I wasn't the "first name" he was speaking to, because she "sounded younger" than me.  I'm 38 dude!

Our last food truck for the year is here today.  It's a cheesesteak place and Anthony Bourdain's favorite cheesesteak place!  H is coming to join me for lunch too, so that will be nice!

DD was a terror for me last night.  It was a combo of hangry and being overtired that was the downfall.  So I ended up having to put her to bed after dinner.  She wasn't happy with me and yelled for about 30 mins until she fell asleep.  It really makes you feel like a crap parent, but it was for the best.  Then H and I folder 4 loads of laundry while watching Halloween Wars on demand.

H and I are hoping to do some big vaccuming tonight, including moving furniture to get the dust bunnies.  I also would like to set up our other guest room, if we have time.
  • @mrsconn23, I'm sorry to hear things have been so crappy lately and that the Louisville trip is off.

@MissKittyDanger, I'm glad you had an (overall) good TG weekend.  I watched and caught up with This Is Us over the weekend also.  I'd taped the first three shows this season, but hadn't watched any of them yet.  So I binged them, lol.  I have to admit being a sucker when a cute, random baby smiles and waves at me.  I'm sure BabyKitten charmed everyone at the voting booth, lol.

@CharmedPam, I agree, how has he not!  The Elvira character is so classic and it occurred to me that it must have been such a fun role for the actress.  Which then had me wondering, who is she and what has she been up to?

Google and Wikipedia to the rescue.  Elvira was played by Cassandra Peterson.  Who, at the current age of 68, is still a total bombshell.  But so different looking without all the make-up and the Goth outfit!

At the age of 17, she was on vacation with her parents in Vegas, she caught the eye of one of the producers for the Dunes shows.  Long story short, she auditioned to become a showgirl and was hired.  Making her the youngest showgirl in Vegas.  Now that she was working in Vegas, she ran into Elvis Presley.  With whom she briefly dated!!!!

Here is the link with more details about her life and career, plus what looks like a fairly current pic:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassandra_Peterson

Nothing major going on with me today.  At least, work is a little more calmed down than it was yesterday.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @OliveOilsMom Kids when they're overtired and hangry are a disaster. BabyKitten has been eating mixed amounts so we've just given up and have constant snacks on hand {molars crossed with growth spurt}
    Congrats on 4 loads ... sounds odd but that sounds like such a daunting task lol

@short+sassy  I'm only caught up to ep 2 lol I had plans on fully catching up while BabyKitten sleeps but .... nap life.
    Lol she knows how to get attention ;) 
    BRUH! She looks amazing at 68!!
  • Busy at work this morning.  I also got a call from a guy looking for an attorney.  No idea what his name was, just that his assistant who called, had my first name.  I'm the only one in my firm with this first name, so the receptionist sent him to me!  He did kindly tell me that I wasn't the "first name" he was speaking to, because she "sounded younger" than me.  I'm 38 dude!

Our last food truck for the year is here today.  It's a cheesesteak place and Anthony Bourdain's favorite cheesesteak place!  H is coming to join me for lunch too, so that will be nice!

DD was a terror for me last night.  It was a combo of hangry and being overtired that was the downfall.  So I ended up having to put her to bed after dinner.  She wasn't happy with me and yelled for about 30 mins until she fell asleep.  It really makes you feel like a crap parent, but it was for the best.  Then H and I folder 4 loads of laundry while watching Halloween Wars on demand.

H and I are hoping to do some big vaccuming tonight, including moving furniture to get the dust bunnies.  I also would like to set up our other guest room, if we have time.
    That begs the evil question of, "Is he coming to see you?  Or coming to get one of those awesome cheesesteaks? ;)"  I know if it was my H, the answer would be, "Well, boootthhh."  But we'd know the nod was to the cheesesteaks, lol.

Different setting, but I had a weird phone call like that years ago.  I was working at a bank and someone called and asked to speak to Jennifer.  I was the only one working with that name, so they assumed the call was for me.

The woman on the other end told me she was the person I'd been in an accident with on Sat.  Uuuuhhh, what?  I told her I had not been in a car accident on Sat. or any other day recently and that she must have the wrong number.  She repeated the number she called.  I verified that was the bank's number, but I was the only Jennifer who worked there and I'm not the "Jennifer" she's looking for.

She starts getting upset and acting like I'm lying to her.  I told her to come down to (insert bank name).  Told her the address and that we are right on (insert main street).  That she can come see for herself that I'm not the person she had the accident with.  That seemed to mollify her and she offered a bummed-out thanks before ending the call.  I don't know what info was exchanged at the scene, but sounded like the other person had given her a bad phone number.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @mrsconn23, I'm sorry to hear things have been so crappy lately and that the Louisville trip is off.

Part of canceling came from the fact that we both were OOT last weekend (separately) and feeling like going OOT this coming week was rushing things. I was starting to hedge Sunday into yesterday morning about our trip.  The car thing was the final nail in the coffin. 

DH knew we were going to need to sink some $$ in my car.  He was hoping we could hold off a little longer, but that's never how it goes.   Some of his stress/annoyance is that his manager basically backdoored him on taking over the other warehouse instead of it being a formal conversation, because he wanted to end-run around DH asking for more money.   It was fucking shady.  DH knows it.  I know it.  DH is going to let it ride for the moment, but he's going to ask for a bigger raise next year and he's also going to get as much training (six sigma, especially) and resume padding from this to move on in the next year or two.  

My mom is feeling better-ish about things.  I'm glad she decided to get DefConn and meet my sister and foster nephew today.   She's been getting the run around on a ton of levels right now with regard to healthcare, so she's just over it.  

Lately it's been a convergence of all the "adulting is bullshit" things at the same time.  ;) 
  • I’m still cannot seem to shake this stupid cold. I’m feeling better than I was but man I’m just dragging. Work is still ridiculously busy and while that’s good I’m stressed. 

@OliveOilsMom; that’s annoying. Also who cares how “young” you sound, if dude wanted a lawyer why does that matter. 

That begs the evil question of, "Is he coming to see you?  Or coming to get one of those awesome cheesesteaks? ;)"  I know if it was my H, the answer would be, "Well, boootthhh."  But we'd know the nod was to the cheesesteaks, lol.

Different setting, but I had a weird phone call like that years ago.  I was working at a bank and someone called and asked to speak to Jennifer.  I was the only one working with that name, so they assumed the call was for me.

The woman on the other end told me she was the person I'd been in an accident with on Sat.  Uuuuhhh, what?  I told her I had not been in a car accident on Sat. or any other day recently and that she must have the wrong number.  She repeated the number she called.  I verified that was the bank's number, but I was the only Jennifer who worked there and I'm not the "Jennifer" she's looking for.

She starts getting upset and acting like I'm lying to her.  I told her to come down to (insert bank name).  Told her the address and that we are right on (insert main street).  That she can come see for herself that I'm not the person she had the accident with.  That seemed to mollify her and she offered a bummed-out thanks before ending the call.  I don't know what info was exchanged at the scene, but sounded like the other person had given her a bad phone number.
    Oh, he was here for the cheesesteaks!  LOL!  He was just saying a few weeks ago that he wanted to stop there again soon.  They are located in a not so great location in Camden.  So when I told him the food truck version was coming, his eyes lite up!

I also remembered that this cheesesteak place was featured in a Goldberg's episode, though I don't remember if they specifically named dropped it or I was just able to figure out their clues about this place.

And that poor woman on the phone!  I hope she was able to figure out who had hit her.
  • I'm working from home today. Had an appointment with the dermatologist regarding a mole that I thought was suspicious. All clear! It doesn't even need to come off, AND my body scan revealed nothing concerning. My dad had skin cancer, so I always get nervous. 

Of course my work from home day is anything but relaxing, and H always wants my help with stuff. WHY does he not do this on a Saturday or Sunday!? I had to help take the AC units out. I laid down to take a very quick nap, and now he's power washing the stupid deck. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    @mrsconn23, I'm sorry to hear things have been so crappy lately and that the Louisville trip is off.

Part of canceling came from the fact that we both were OOT last weekend (separately) and feeling like going OOT this coming week was rushing things. I was starting to hedge Sunday into yesterday morning about our trip.  The car thing was the final nail in the coffin. 

DH knew we were going to need to sink some $$ in my car.  He was hoping we could hold off a little longer, but that's never how it goes.   Some of his stress/annoyance is that his manager basically backdoored him on taking over the other warehouse instead of it being a formal conversation, because he wanted to end-run around DH asking for more money.   It was fucking shady.  DH knows it.  I know it.  DH is going to let it ride for the moment, but he's going to ask for a bigger raise next year and he's also going to get as much training (six sigma, especially) and resume padding from this to move on in the next year or two.  

My mom is feeling better-ish about things.  I'm glad she decided to get DefConn and meet my sister and foster nephew today.   She's been getting the run around on a ton of levels right now with regard to healthcare, so she's just over it.  

Lately it's been a convergence of all the "adulting is bullshit" things at the same time.  ;) 
    Boo real adulting!  I had something similar happen in my job a few years ago.  A "promotion without pay".  It was a bad time to ask for a raise because belt-tightening and layoffs had been happening.  But then I've been too chicken to ask for one, when things started getting better.  But I at least like my job and my employer.

Hopefully, it will at least be a stepping stone for your H for both a bigger raise next year and eventually a better job.

--------------------------------

One of these days I want to get to Louisville!  But my plan is to do it as a "drive".  Spend a few days there, preferably during the Kentucky Derby.  Then continue heading up to OH to visit family.  But just the total driving will take a good 3 days, so I need at least 10 days for all of that.

I swear I can't think of the state of Kentucky without the refrain for the song "Blue Moon of Kentucky" going through my head.  I'm not even sure that is the title of the song, lol.  But that's how the refrain starts, ie…

...Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shining.  Shine on the one that's gone and left me blue....

And that's it.  That's all I know of the song, lol.

Similar problems with Tennessee..."Rocky Top" and "Tennessee Waltz"

Chattanooga..."Chattanooga Choo-Choo" and Cincinatti...theme song to "WKRP in Cincinnatti".  Sad!!!  Not even a real song.  A tv show theme for a show that hasn't been produced since 1982, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CharmedPam, I agree, how has he not!  The Elvira character is so classic and it occurred to me that it must have been such a fun role for the actress.  Which then had me wondering, who is she and what has she been up to?

Google and Wikipedia to the rescue.  Elvira was played by Cassandra Peterson.  Who, at the current age of 68, is still a total bombshell.  But so different looking without all the make-up and the Goth outfit!

At the age of 17, she was on vacation with her parents in Vegas, she caught the eye of one of the producers for the Dunes shows.  Long story short, she auditioned to become a showgirl and was hired.  Making her the youngest showgirl in Vegas.  Now that she was working in Vegas, she ran into Elvis Presley.  With whom she briefly dated!!!!

Here is the link with more details about her life and career, plus what looks like a fairly current pic:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassandra_Peterson

Cassandra as Elvira was on ep 1 of halloween wars this year.  She looks AMAZING - yes!!! I tried to watch other Elvira movies but it didnt hold “cult” like Mistress of the Dark.  I even bought Haunted Hills and thumbs down on that one.

i didnt know the Vegas/Elvis back story though! What a career she’s had so far.