Wedding Woes

If it's that loud and all the time, maybe you should get it checked out?

Dear Prudence,

Sometimes my digestive system makes some pretty loud sounds, especially in the afternoon after I’ve eaten lunch. It only happens once or twice a month, so I don’t want to habitually take an antacid. What’s a good thing to say if I’m in a meeting and my stomach makes an internal digestion noise that kind of sounds like a fart (but isn’t)?

—Accidentally Speaking Up in Meetings

Re: If it's that loud and all the time, maybe you should get it checked out?

• I think it's more an LW issue, but if LW wants to take something that isn't an antacid, gum or a mint should do the trick.
  • If it's only once or twice a month, perhaps there's something that you're eating for lunch at those times that you have a bit more trouble digesting. Take note of it and if necessary, avoid that food, at least when you don't want to be embarrassed by digestive noises. If you are concerned, though, there's no harm in mentioning it to your doctor. 

As for those digestive noises in meetings, the best thing to say about them is nothing. That goes for you and the other participants in those meetings. You're all adults.
  • Can LW keep a food journal and also note when the noises show up? 

Then she can do things like avoid the 3 bean soup especially on days that there are board meetings. 
  • These nonissues though. 

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2019
    levioosa said:
    These nonissues though. 
    Right? Either Prudie had a slow week, or people were complaining that some of their letters were too heavy.   
  • mrsconn23 said:
    levioosa said:
    These nonissues though. 
    Right? Either Prudie had a slow week, or people were complaining that some of their letters were too heavy.   
    Seriously! But I also can't fathom why LW would even write to Prudie about this in the first place. This is more of a question for a gastroenterologist...
  • mrsconn23 said:
    levioosa said:
    These nonissues though. 
    Seriously! But I also can't fathom why LW would even write to Prudie about this in the first place. This is more of a question for a gastroenterologist...
    Prudie = gastroenterologist