Wedding Woes
Options

Monday after DST

I'm so tired. There's no sleeping in/extra hour for me or baby B. We have strong internal clocks. Instead the day just feels extra long. 

Target is 70% off Halloween clearance for general merchandise and food if you like to clearance shop. I'm holding out for 90% off in hopes of snagging some cheap costumes again. 

Re: Monday after DST

• Options
    Saturday was All Soul's Day Mass that we attended with MIL and FIL where our niece was one of the souls honored and Chiquita served.   We headed home, carved pumpkins, headed to Chiquita's last soccer game and then to Halloween Part Deux.   Chiquito is such a salty savory dude that he laid down in the wagon after about 15 houses and decided to quit.  

Yesterday was church and then we cleaned up, did laundry and I made pasta e ceci for dinner.   OMG it was SO GOOD. 
  • Options
    Weekend was all right. Friday night H and I got takeout for dinner and just hung out. Saturday we ran errands and then went out to dinner with my in-laws. My MIL practically begged us to let her watch the baby when we go back to work next summer. On the one hand, it would be amazing to not have to pay for childcare and know who was watching my kid, but I also don't trust my MIL completely enough to follow rules and boundaries that I may want to set. I also think that my mom would lose her mind if my MIL got to see the baby every day and she didn't. 

Sunday H painted the nursery and then we watched football all day and relaxed. I'm not loving the color now that it's dry but I won't tell H because he busted his butt painting and will refuse to do it over (I don't blame him). I'm terrible at picking paint colors, even though we got three different samples and tried them out before I picked the final color.  
  • Options
    I don't like when the clocks switch again in Fall.  I'd rather it was dark in the morning than in the evening.  But I do appreciate the extra hour!  I only hit the snooze button ONCE.  I was ready to get up when the alarm went off the second time.  I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself, lol.  

I'm going to try and use this as an opportunity to maintain this schedule.  It's great to wake up and not feel so tired.  But the reality is, it will probably only last 1-2 days and then I'll be back to my bad habits of going to bed too late, lol.  And/or my internal clock will reset and I won't feel tired when I should be going to bed.

I had a good weekend.  Mostly relaxing.  Though, on Sat., I had a gift from Harrah's to pick up.  And the valet driver(s) drove my car...I think both ways...with the parking brake on, smh!  At any rate, an incident report got written up.  The valet manager assured me they would cover the diagnostic fee for a mechanic to take a look at it...either way...as well as a new parking brake (if needed).  But I don't know how "take the parking brake off" isn't Driving 101 for valets.  Plus, it's a manual transmission car, ffs!  You have to use the parking brake.  And, apparently, neither driver recognized the noxious odor of "burning brakes" either.

Yesterday, I finally got a flu shot.  The grocery store I went to (Winn Dixie) has a special where they give you a coupon for $10 in free produce, when you get a flu shot.  Plus we had a few other things to pick up.  I made my H go with me so he could do all the lifting/toting, lol.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh man did I feel that extra hour yesterday. I didn’t do anything but lay around and catch up on TV. but it seriously felt a lot later than it actually was.  At 3:30, when I thought it was 6, I was like “fine world!  It’s not as late as I think it is!” So I went grocery shopping and made a huge pot of chili.

Friday was our 3 year anniversary.  I told H our regular place didn’t really feel like an anniversary dinner place.  It’s a diner.  With excellent food.  So we went to a fancy place and I ended up not liking my dish.  I brought 90% of if home to doctor it up there and add some flavor 😖 after our fancy dinner we went to a haunted house with a friend of ours.  Lol.  That’s how we celebrate.  With some elevated heartbeats. Edit: different to most anniversary elevated heartbeats!! 

So pretty @ch@charlotte989875!  We have greens and browns still.   Barley any yellows/oranges and reds.  Drab!
    We just hit peak color and it’s so pretty. The pictures definitely don’t do it justice. It’s so cool that this trail is right off of our backyard too. 

Happy Anniversary!!
  • Options
    So apparently British Columbia is looking to get rid of fall DST, and I'm just hoping if they do, the rest of Canada/North America will follow suit.

BabyKitten faired well with it actually.

I have TMJ - which is just a long a.f way of saying I have muscle spasms in my jaw. I had a dentist appt like a month ago and it's just the long term effect of it :( I got prescription stuff because over the counter stuff just doesn't help.

I'm tired a.f today because my sleep has just sucked because of this.
  • Options
    Another Monday, another day my secretary has called out. Since she spends at least 5 hours a day playing on her phone or making personal calls I do not understand why showing up to work is such an issue!
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2019
    We saw Todrick Hall this weekend and he was amazing.  I've never really  been to a pop concert before with multiple costume changes and dancers, so it was a great experience.  It was K's Xmas present and we did a Meet n Greet.  They were glowing all weekend with excitement.  Todrick is gorgeous up close and he was so sweet and called us a "cute couple."  :smiley:

Other than that, not too much.  Just traveling and quizzing K for an upcoming test.  Seeing Terminator tonight so I'm out of their hair while they're studying and probably helping quiz them again when I get back.

Is anyone else watching How to Get Away with Murder still?  I'm glad this is the last season.  If it wasn't, I probably would stop watching.  I'm tired of all the plots and I'm ready for them to start settling in some answers.
  • Options
    Another Monday, another day my secretary has called out. Since she spends at least 5 hours a day playing on her phone or making personal calls I do not understand why showing up to work is such an issue!
    I’m sorry that you got our old admin @STARMOON44, but someone had to get her!

@MissKittyDanger, some states here have been talking about abolishing DST for years now, but I’m not sure how successful an actual change will be. 

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I have no idea who Todrick Hall is and now I feel old :wink:
  • Options
    I have no idea who Todrick Hall is and now I feel old :wink:
    Same. 
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    edited November 2019
    Todrick Hall isn't that famous, TBH.  He's an LGBTQ+ performer who was on American Idol Season 9? (I think).  But really, he's made his fame through YouTube videos and writing albums non stop.  He's been on RPDR and in a Taylor Swift video (I can't be bothered to remember which one).  K performs his songs a lot in drag.  A few of the super popular ones right now and some of my favorites:

SFW and super hot right now:  https://youtu.be/TQ04gPb4LlY

No video yet and NSFW: https://youtu.be/FuolbbaEPWY

SFW and one of my faves:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU9UJCbRMTs&t=15s

Looooooooooove this one and NSFW:  https://youtu.be/4MHRh0vJpEs

I'm blanking on the butt one, but still trying to find it to share.  :smiley:

• Options
    We had a busy weekend, but got tons done and now I'm just ready to get through this work day and go on vacation!

Friday, I left the office to stop and pick up a FB yardsale item.  I sit in traffic (I never go this route!) and finally get to the pickup point.  I check messenger and her kid fell asleep, can I go to her house and pick up?  I wish I got this before 5 PM, when she knew I left work!  It was much easier to get to her house!  

Saturday, H and I did a lot of work around the house and got to Church.  We sat in the very last pew and DD was good, except when she went to touch the blessed family statue on the gifts table directly behind us!  Slight heart attack there!

Sunday, it was my day to sleep in and my fitbit said I got over 10 hours in!  I still came down stairs at 9 AM, instead of our usual 10 AM.  We had breakfast and got to more work around the house.  I did final paint touches on the bathroom done and the only thing left is to hang up the old half ladder chair above the toilet.  I got the garage organize a tiny bit and undecorated for Halloween.  We changed the sheets in all 3 beds upstairs to accommodate our dog sitters and we have our clothes packed too.  Just need to do the extra odds and ends tonight.  We are probably getting up at 3 AM tomorrow to get to the parking garage by 4 AM for our 5:30 flight out.

I have my chiropractic adjustment soon and its perfect timing from all the work we did this weekend!  I think I'm also going to get my haircut on my lunch today.
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    edited November 2019
    Oh, he's also done an amazing Wizard of Oz remake album/movie (Straight Outta Oz) in videos ala Beyonce's Lemonade and I'm blanking on the most recent album/video movie that I watched in awe.  [ETA: The album/movie video is Forbidden.  Also, he has a documentary on Netflix about the making of Forbidden called Behind the Curtain.] He's super talented and has made it basically really all on his own:

NSFW but if you ever need a "Wrong Bitch" song, this is IT:  https://youtu.be/Us59fuIVgAk
  • Options
    I hate Daylight Savings. The fall time change isn’t bad and I can adjust to it okay, but the spring one where we “lose” an hour destroys me. I think it took two full months for me to feel back to normal this year. My circadian rhythm is already off so the switching does not help. 

I pretty much did nothing yesterday. I am having the absolute worst cramps and my period hasn’t even started yet. Today I’m working on taking down the Halloween decorations, going to the gym, and maybe picking up a shift tonight depending on how I feel. 

• Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2019
    @VarunaTT, I watched the first season of How to Get Away With Murder.  But then my DVR screwed up...yet again...and it didn't record the second season.  Which I didn't realize until it was almost over.  I FINALLY set it back up to record last season and watched all those episodes.  But I definitely felt like I'd missed way too much.  I tried catching up on the main character story lines through Wikipedia, but it just wasn't the same.  I've been taping this season's episodes, but haven't felt that motivated to start watching it and have been debating just deleting them.

At least for me, the show just isn't quite my cup of tea.  Even though that's usually my kind of genre.  The first season was kinda interesting in how it was done as "flashbacks".  But apparently that became it's MO and I don't care for it.  I also found it too heavy on the plotlines between the main characters, like a soap opera.  Plus the character plotlines were so overly dramatic, that it came off as silly to me.  Really?  There are that many murders and murderers in your close friend/colleague group?  Oh, okay, lol.

Edited to add:  My wish and what I was initially expecting for HtGAwM?  The Annalise character was so fantastic already.  Keep her with a NEW crop of students each season to mold.  And each 1-2 episodes was its own case for her and her students to tackle with creative legal strategies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DST kicked my butt. Lol  my 9MO was up an hour early for her so I was up at 430am. Good weekend overall though. I took my older daughter to a free library event so we could get some one on one time and it was super cute! It was a "Ballerina tea party" 

We got to watch a real ballerina dance on Pointe, read a story, danced, made a craft and had a snack. Later on, our friends came over for dinner. She is due with her baby next month! I made lasagna that turned out yummy and we played some card games. I also gave her a box of hand-me-downs since we don’t plan on having any more kids.

Sunday, I caught up on laundry and housework while DH did some homework. Then, I met my childhood friend for Sushi. It was nice to get out the house sans kids or my Husband lol. Other than work, it has been a while.

I agreed to make a fundraiser basket for my coworker whose having a spaghetti dinner to help with medical bills for her Husband who had a traumatic brain injury and needs round-the-clock care. I need ideas. I am thinking I might do a margarita/Mexican themed basket. Other than tequila, margarita mix, salt, chips and salsa what can I put in it?

• Options
    @OliveOilsMom that sucks about the FB pickup. I only ever do porch pickup because people are too flakey to try to meet somewhere. I know porch pickup doesn't work everywhere (I think we've talked about it on here) but no way I could do meetups
  • Options
    @VarunaTT Is Todrick the one who did a youtube video of the disney villains? Or at least was in it? With Amber Riley {in style of 'cell block tango' from Chicago}

@CharmedPam Tbh it should be gotten rid of entirely. We'll see what happens because sounds like it's really being pushed.
  • Options
    @VarunaTT Is Todrick the one who did a youtube video of the disney villains? Or at least was in it? With Amber Riley {in style of 'cell block tango' from Chicago}

@CharmedPam Tbh it should be gotten rid of entirely. We'll see what happens because sounds like it's really being pushed.
    YES.  This is also one of my favorites!  His mixes for things like this are really the most fun, though his original music is good too:  

Totally SFW and awesome:  https://youtu.be/GAUZIw95ueM
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:

YES.  This is also one of my favorites!  His mixes for things like this are really the most fun, though his original music is good too:  

Totally SFW and awesome:  https://youtu.be/GAUZIw95ueM
    I knew the name sounded familiar!!!
  • Options
    Happy anniversary @CharmedPam and @mrsconn23 and vibes to your mom mrsconn

DST exhaustion here too.  My son had his pre-op appt after school today. He's cleared.  Re-circumsicion happening this Thursday.
  • Options
    Thanks @mrsconn23, to you too!  Lucky 13 indeed

• Options
    Happy anniversary ladies!
  • Options
    Hope you ladies had great anniversaries! 

@mrsconn23 sending prayers for your mom 
  • Options
    Am i the only one who LOVES fall DST? I love that it's actually light out at 6:15ish when I want to get up!