Wedding Woes

Wednesday

CharmedPamCharmedPam member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited November 2019 in Wedding Woes

Glad I got the memo.  But JIC, I should wear black Thursday to Tuesday’s too.

Invisalign was a bust for me.  It’s not covered under insurance.  Snaggle tooth 4 eva. 

Re: Wednesday

• @CharmedPam Liked for the black wearing. Boo to invisalign :(

So went to the dentist yesterday because of my jaw issues and weird bite.

Yeh. Guess who needs a root canal :( They're catching it early, as it's just the beginning of an infection. We would have scheduled something but M doesn't have coverage and is gonna know about his new job soon and should get an idea about benefits. If it's a wait {like typical probation job stuff} he's gonna ask about claiming later if I book before he can claim.
  • Ouch!  Hate those things @MissKittyDanger!  Hopefully it all works out and you can do a delayed claim? 

Actually not only did I find out that Invisalign isn’t covered, I was recommended complete ortho (braces - with the elastics -  for 2 years!).  Also not covered. 

• That sucks @MissKittyDanger

Bummer about the Invisalign @CharmedPam

I’m waiting to get my drug screen done for the new job. I hope it’s not too long of a wait. I drank a bunch of water. Then I’m going to the gym. My stupid calves are still sore but I’m hoping some movement will shake that out today. Later today I have an event at the medspa I go to. It’s their annual patient appreciation event. I’m hoping I can win some facials or something at the raffle. They also are having an in n out truck so even if I don’t win anything, there’s not a downside to going. At some point today I need to meal prep.

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited November 2019
    I think I need to try this sammy.... i don’t have time to cook tonight so maybe on the way home...? Oh but speaking of popeyes - did you see the video of the employee body slamming the 54 year old? 

Good luck with the testing.  If you need it... sounds like you don’t need it?  Lol

oh, also, btw - can you guys post your favorite bras? Victoria secret excluded since I don’t think i’m a 40 band. Canadians can participate too because I’ll be in Canada in a few weeks and may do some shopping.  

Edit:  lasenza is out too, Canadians.  Only go up to a 40 band too.  Dammit!  Their buy one get one for $5 would be amazing since the exchange rate is in my favor!!!
    actually - I’m pretty sure Victoria is in the backroom
    sewing all these bras for la senza too.

• I think I need to try this sammy.... i don’t have time to cook tonight so maybe on the way home...? Oh but speaking of popeyes - did you see the video of the employee body slamming the 54 year old? 

Good luck with the testing.  If you need it... sounds like you don’t need it?  Lol

oh, also, btw - can you guys post your favorite bras? Victoria secret excluded since I don’t think i’m a 40 band. Canadians can participate too because I’ll be in Canada in a few weeks and may do some shopping.  
    Third Love! I’ve been a fan for a few years now. They hold up well they’re comfortable (for a bra) and I’ve washed and hung them and they retain they’re shape well. Definitely on the pricey side but I haven’t had to replace any of them. 
  • There's a Popeye's right next to my gym..haha. It always smells so good when I'm leaving. 

As for favorite bras, I've been really liking Third Love. 
  • Busy day, we’re telling my new team members they will all be reporting to me today and while I think it will all be fine there is one guy I think might have an issue with it. Whatever he’ll have to get over it. 

Also another guy just quit (not reporting to me, but shares the same manager); he’s only been here since July and it definitely wasn’t a good fit but I was surprised. 
  • @CharmedPam I've heard good things about Soma but never tried. I think they have good sales

Love the review @short+sassy it made me laugh
  • @CharmedPam Soma bras are pretty comfortable. I've had mixed luck with Third Love. 

• @CharmedPam I'm a slim person with hardly any chest so my bra challenges are different from friends requiring a lot of support.    I've heard good things about Soma but haven't tried.

I recently ordered two Natori bras from Haute Look and I'm pleased with both the bras and undies.   They match and the underwear has not given me a wedgie yet!
    I can't stand undies that move and don't wear thongs unless there's some wardrobe - based reason to do so and those happen oh....1x/year?
  • I wear a lot of black too @CharmedPam I really like Lulalu and an intimates brand at Macy's that's more for comfort and doesn't have an underwire (AA life  :/ ) but my sisters are chestier- they both really like Third Love and even Lane Bryant...they say the Cacique line is high quality and supportive but sexy (fun cuts and colors, etc).  I believe they're a D and a DD, or something like that.
    Boo on the root canal @MissKittyDanger
    Lol @short+sassy I can tell you're a mystery shopper with that Popeyes review! I appreciate the detail. 
    Work was fine.  Currently making dinner / cursing tye fact I have a PTA meeting at 7 tonight..
  • Thanks ladies for the recs!  Now, one more Q.  Is Soma kohl’s or another department store because it sounds so familiar!  

• Busy day, we’re telling my new team members they will all be reporting to me today and while I think it will all be fine there is one guy I think might have an issue with it. Whatever he’ll have to get over it. 

Also another guy just quit (not reporting to me, but shares the same manager); he’s only been here since July and it definitely wasn’t a good fit but I was surprised. 
    Is this in relation to the promotion you got, but had to keep under wraps for a bit?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Is this in relation to the promotion you got, but had to keep under wraps for a bit?
    Yup! It’s been in the works for a while (different from the promotion I got in the summer so this is a second one) but my team members didn’t know. They weren’t really surprised but it’s now all official. 
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    edited November 2019
    Thanks ladies for the recs!  Now, one more Q.  Is Soma kohl’s or another department store because it sounds so familiar!  
    https://www.soma.com/store/

DD, who is quite small in body type but was a DD, had a lot of success with Soma.  I also like them, especially the vanishing back.  They wash well and retain their shape.  I have also heard that Nordstrom has incredible customer service and sizing.

• @CharmedPam I go to specialty bra store that does fittings. The brands they sell are pretty price but are the best bras I have ever worn. I think the ones I wear are Panache and Fantasia. They go up to some ratter large sizes. I'm a 38 E
  • ((Trumpeting Announcement!))  I just tried the infamous Popeye's chicken sandwich for the first time.  Wow!  It is really good.  Especially for a fast food sandwich.  You could get it in mild or spicy.  I like their spicy fried chicken better.  But, for the sandwich, I stayed safe and tried the mild first.  I'll try the spicy next time, for comparison.

It's a really large and thick chicken breast.  The breading has a nice flavor and seasoning, it isn't bland.  It's on a brioche bun.  I'm not even a bread person and usually discard half the bun.  But I ate it all, because it was that good. I'm a little disappointed the sandwich only comes with mayo and pickles.  I think it would be even better with lettuce and tomatoes.

But @short+sassy, is it so good I should: 

1) Drive to four different Popeyes to find one?  No.
    2) Wait in a 30 minute line to get one?  No.
    3) Get in a fist fight because that guy cut in front of me and there is only one sandwich left?  No.
    4) I'm in the mood for a chicken sandwich and can get to a Popeye's if I drive 5-10 minutes out of my way?  Yes.
    Because of this review, I made this my dinner tonight.  It IS really good.  Mine may have been a liiiiiiitle too juicy which interprets into to much grease.  But would do this before chic-fil-a.  What I hate most about fast food is the salt you can taste.  I will say, this doesn’t have the fast food salt lick taste.

and I disagree I would scrap and scrap hard for this. 😊