Wedding Woes

Finally Friday!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far!

H and I had our first frozen transfer yesterday...so if you could keep us in your thoughts that would be amazing. 

Nothing crazy going on this weekend, we have a date night just the two of us and I'm so excited! We are going to our favorite Asian Fusion restaurant in Philly. 

The Browns won last night, but obviously they still come out looking like losers because of what Myles Garret did. Ugh...we can't get out of our own way! 

Re: Finally Friday!

• All the good thoughts to you two @NBSquared2017!! That was a terrible ending last night. H is a huge Steelers fan and he was still pissed this morning. Garret is going to be out for the season for that I’m sure. 

Going to see Jersey Boys tonight! My mom and her two sister, and three of my cousins are all coming too so we’re doing dinner before hand! Really looking forward to the weekend and a little relaxing. Hunting season is around the corner so this is one of the last weekends H will be in town until December.

We finally got a security system (thanks to everyone who recommended SinpliSafe!) and I have a free year of Dinsney+ so that’s my plan for every weekend when H is gone. 
  • Oh good luck @NBSquared2017!!  

I'm knocking off a couple hours early to get ready to go out tonight with DH.  FIL is keeping DefConn.  It's been a minute since we've been out and about.  I bought a new sweater on Wednesday that I'm going to wear tonight.  :) 

Not sure what the rest of the weekend holds.  
  • Good luck @NBSquared2017

I just looked up that clip, and yikes! That's ridiculous especially when the game was essentially over. I wonder if the Steelers guy will get in trouble too since I saw one throwing punches and it looked like kicking Garrett in the helmet after what he did. Two wrong don't make a right but I wonder if that guy will get in trouble too.
  • kvruns said:
    Good luck @NBSquared2017

I just looked up that clip, and yikes! That's ridiculous especially when the game was essentially over. I wonder if the Steelers guy will get in trouble too since I saw one throwing punches and it looked like kicking Garrett in the helmet after what he did. Two wrong don't make a right but I wonder if that guy will get in trouble too.
    Yeah I’m betting he will get two games for that. Probably won’t be out the rest of the season but I’m guessing Garret will. It was all bad. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2019
    All the vibes @NBSquared2017! I was confused at first and thought this had to do with the Disney frozen movie. @mrsconn23 and @NBSquared2017 have fun on your date nights

Pretty lax weekend for me.  I’m hosting lunch on Sunday.  After buying all my irish coffee fixings in bulk last night at Costco I walked out with a $173 bill. I really only went in for beef and almond butter! 

• We need to get into the house set-up for our party next weekend.

And I need to get to the place where we are hosting Chiquita's birthday because I booked it sight unseen and I am not comfortable showing up to it on the day of not having a clue.   

I'm sure I will get back into Costco this weekend too.   I need to buy the pot pie and all their cheese.
  • @NBSquared2017, all the luck to you and your H!

@CharmedPam, There must be a karmic rule somewhere that you can't leave Costco without spending a minimum of $100, lol.  Even if you just ran in for milk.  These are the thoughts in my head on a Costco run, "Stay focused. Eyes straight ahead. No wandering.  NO WANDERING!...Uh oh! Approaching prepared foods.  Walk through quickly, don't look.  Sample cart, no!  My kryptonite!"  My usual $100+ order total at the register, lol.

My H and I had a really nice dinner last night.  It was fun to get out, albeit a little too chilly.  Should be an especially mellow weekend.  I have to go to the bank and I think that's it for my errands.  I have a gallon jug of low sugar apple juice, plus the additions to make apple cider.  I'm tempted to throw it in the crockpot and have hot apple cider to drink all weekend.  Plus I still have half a bottle of Crown Royal Apple to jazz up my drinks, since I won't be driving anywhere ;).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It so f**king hot in my office.  I have a light sweater and jeans on and I am dying.  

It should not be this gd hard to get a download or hard copy of the actual list of covered services for our annual enrollment.  We have lots of HR communication about "expanded coverage since we're switching to XX company" but no where in any communication does it list what the coverage actually is in detail.  I'm looking for a document with details like "chiropractic covered, 20 visit limit, no referral, 10% coinsurance" that I've been provided for every other annual enrollment period for the last 10 years.  I've asked HR multiple times but "they don't have it yet" - shouldn't they have all this information before annual enrollment even starts?  Because that's why they chose the plan?  It's infuriating.  

H and I are date night-ing tonight too - taking our rings for their 6 month checkup, doing one last trip to baby store to test strollers/car seats, shopping for our adopt-a-kid Christmas thing through work, and then going out to dinner!  Rest of the weekend should be pretty chill with a few minor house/organization things to do. 
  • @casadena they should have a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC). They should be distributed during open enrollment although they are technically due within 7 days of request by an employee. 

Those documents actually come from the insurance company and although that information would have been part of the decision making process it isn't in that same employee-facing format. In my experience we struggle to get those from the insurance carriers sometimes even though there is a requirement for it. You could try and specifically request that doc and see what they say.
  • Sending you good thoughts and vibes @NBSquared2017!

@short+sassy I can’t physically leave Costco without buying at least one gift card since they usually have the “$80 for $100 worth of gift cards to restaurant x.” They’re so useful when we get them for happy hour. It’s like we’re saving twice lol. Also yesterday at target they had a sale for Winter Jack and I couldn’t pass it up. It’s perfect with warm spiced cider. 

Well, I was supposed to work today and put in my two weeks notice but I got canceled. I feel kind of weird about it. I still have to go in to talk to my manager and clean out my locker. I have a lot of feelings and I’m trying to manage them. On one hand, it was a shit show there, and I was bullied when I started (sadly not uncommon in my field). I have some people I like, none of whom are there today, so I’m not even saying goodbye to them. But then I’m nostalgic for some reason? It’s probably just that I knew what to expect. Either way I’ve got a lot of feelings today. 

I officially am done with all of my pre-employment paperwork and am set to start on the 25th of this month. According to the employee manual I get thanksgiving and the day after paid and off, and I’m hoping that starting the week of doesn’t mess with that. It would be great to ease in with a three day week. I’m feeling a little nervous now. I just don’t know quite what to expect. 

Other than that, gym today, and I called my mom to see if she wanted to get lunch but no answer. I scheduled the cats for their (very late) annual check up next week, which I’m sure they’re going to be thrilled for. I also should try to squeeze in a dental appointment before I start work. 

• kvruns said:
    @casadena they should have a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC). They should be distributed during open enrollment although they are technically due within 7 days of request by an employee. 

Those documents actually come from the insurance company and although that information would have been part of the decision making process it isn't in that same employee-facing format. In my experience we struggle to get those from the insurance carriers sometimes even though there is a requirement for it. You could try and specifically request that doc and see what they say.
    The SBC's are helpful in comparing plan options, but not so much in understanding your actual covered benefits. 

I've called the insurance company but they won't provide to me, and there's nothing on the website that I can access because I'm not a member yet.  I like to understand exactly what's covered ahead of time.  I think this year alone I've "saved" myself from like $1500 of incorrect bills because I take the time to read my plans thoroughly, keep track of appointments/bills and ask questions.  I know it's not totally HR's fault, but i just can't believe more people don't ask for or really, demand this information.  It sure seems like insurance companies are purposefully keeping people in the dark (which, they probably are, yet another downside to the bullshit US healthcare system). 
  • Casadena said:
    kvruns said:
    @casadena they should have a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC). They should be distributed during open enrollment although they are technically due within 7 days of request by an employee. 

The SBC's are helpful in comparing plan options, but not so much in understanding your actual covered benefits. 

I've called the insurance company but they won't provide to me, and there's nothing on the website that I can access because I'm not a member yet.  I like to understand exactly what's covered ahead of time.  I think this year alone I've "saved" myself from like $1500 of incorrect bills because I take the time to read my plans thoroughly, keep track of appointments/bills and ask questions.  I know it's not totally HR's fault, but i just can't believe more people don't ask for or really, demand this information.  It sure seems like insurance companies are purposefully keeping people in the dark (which, they probably are, yet another
    downside to the bullshit US healthcare system). 
    I'm surprised the SBC isn't giving you what you're looking for since it should list a number of different medical events/tests/prescriptions, etc and what the cost and limitations for each are. Not a complete list by any means but the ones I've seen provide a couple pages of info in the chart.

The actual certificate usually isn't available until January/February timeframe which would have the entire Schedule of Benefits included with all covered services. You could try to request it now but I don't know if they would provide.  
  • @levioosa, at my current company, they delayed my start date to the Mon. after Thanksgiving.  I don't think it had anything to do with "we don't want to give a new employee two holiday days in their first week".  I think it more had to do with HR person who handles new employee enrollments didn't want to be hassled with one on such a short week, lol.  When she drove me to my drug test on that Mon., we were chit-chatting about what we'd done on Thanksgiving.  And she mentioned that T-Day and Black Friday are both huge in her family and that she had taken the Wed. off also.  So that was my suspicion!

That would be pretty sweet if you can ease into the new job on a short week.  I hope it turns out to be a great move for you!  I think it's always a bit unsettling when there is a big change.  Even if it is a good big change.  Let yourself have all the feels!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good luck @NBSquared2017!
    Have a good weekend everyone!  Going out with some girlfriends tomorrow night, otherwise the usual errands/down time/mass/family time mix 

• Best of luck @NBSquared2017! Hope all goes well.