Wedding Woes

The least favorite day

We all hate Tuesday, but we’re here so what’s going on?

Not much on my end. It’s annual performance time so I’m prepping for mine (tomorrow) and my directs (Thursday). Other than that really not much happening. 

We finally switched to Verizon for our phones and we have unlimited data again so I’m excited to finally have Spotify back. I’ve been listening to the John Williams channel and his body of work is just incredible. 

Re: The least favorite day

• I actually love Tuesday.  Discount movie day.  Discount menchie’s fro yo.  Garbage day is tomorrow so my house smells less like rancid garbage....

it’s flipping cold in my office.  Wearing my jacket and the admin told me she’d buy me a heater.  For the amount of money we pay in rent (I’m assuming - I haven’t seen a bill but I’ve been told it’s a LOT) we shouldn’t have to resort to that.

i got an email with a Reba pre sale but all the good seats were sold out in under a minute.  My phone did not act fast enough (probably should have done desk top).  It wasn't worth it to go for the crappy seats left.  Guess my 6th time seeing her live will have to be 2021. 

• I could not get to sleep last night for the life of me. I went to bed at 10 but ended up falling asleep at 1. I still woke up at 6 in an attempt to set my schedule so I’m pretty tired today. I took my car in to get serviced and I’m working on pricing out tires. I’m torn if I should try to wait for Black Friday or just order them now. Poor FI has been having panic attacks all week long so that’s been an extra thing to work on. His therapist isn’t back for three more weeks and I really wish he could get an appointment now. And I really wish he would apply to other jobs. This job isn’t worth the stress and anxiety but I can’t make him leave. 

• Though I got enough sleep to get by, the dogs majorly interrupted our sleep last night!  Cassie started licking her paws and legs and then just her smacking her jowls, in the 3s.  This, of course, always wakes H up.  He can sleep through super loud snoring, even when our old dog would vibrate the bed with her snores, but the licking gets to him.  ::insert should shrug emoji here::  But it now bothers me too.  So first it was Cassie, then she finally stopped and Olive started!  Then Olive started but you can ask her to stop and she will, we aren't that lucky with Cassie - she thinks its time for pets.  I eventually opened the bedroom door and Cassie went downstairs to sleep.  Then we all got back to sleep.  This morning Cassie was yawning while looking at me, so I said "Oh! Your tired?  I can't imagine why!"

Tonight I have to take Olive for her yearly vet checkup.  But that should be it.
  • MrsConn - Hugs and prayers for your mom!
  • My MINI Cooper needs a new clutch :(.  Drat and curses!!!!!  I even have an after-market warranty.  But clutches are "wear and tear" items, so they are not covered.  Clutch repairs are such crap anyway.  Because, the clutch repair itself isn't that spendy.  But for the vast majority of cars, the transmission needs to be removed to get to the clutch.  And THAT is what makes clutch repairs really expensive.  Since I have a second vehicle, I'm going to wait until I get my draw money from my rehab before I get the MINI repaired.  Rather than further overload one of my credit cards.

My H and I bought a used fridge, washer, and dryer yesterday for the first unit that is about to be ready in our duplexes.  We still need a used electric stove.  At least that is some progress.  I really want to start showing it in the next couple days.  Mid-month is usually prime-time when people are looking.

Other than that.  Same-old, same-old.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good vibes and hugs @mrsconn23

• @mrsconn23, I'm sorry to hear there has been a downturn for your mom.  I hope things go as well as can be expected for her and also for your BFF's dad.  Ts and Ps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @mrsconn23 oh hugs! <3

@OliveOilsMom I love/hate when animals and kids keep you up then they look tired in the morning and you're like "are you serious ..."

This morning BabyKitten was a stage 5 clinger. She removed her sleeper, so when she was crying the middle of my morning routine I thought she was cold. She didn't feel cold, but I put her down and tried to put on her sleeper at least over her arms but that was just meltdown mode.

M was awake {but still in bed} so he had me bring her to him. Maybe she didn't wanna be alone?
    Put her down and just crying again. Would only stop/calm when I held her. She wasn't warm or anything bugging her. Just lay her little face on my shoulder. Once she calmed, I passed her off to M and he distracted her while I dashed off to wash my face.

She seemed in a better mood and nothing physically that I could see wrong, so idk. Maybe mouth bugging her? No idea. We have 3 half molars out and one coming. Idk ....
  • @MissKittyDanger, she's how old again?  Sounds like a little separation anxiety. I hope it's short-lived.  
  • @mrsconn23 Just about 18 months. That's also a possibility. She's usually pretty clingy with teeth but this was beyond normal :\ She had an issue a week or so ago with just sobbing when I put her to bed - to the point I thought an ear infection
  • @mrsconn23 Just about 18 months. That's also a possibility. She's usually pretty clingy with teeth but this was beyond normal :\ She had an issue a week or so ago with just sobbing when I put her to bed - to the point I thought an ear infection
    Could be all of it kicking in at the same time; teeth, separation anxiety, and maybe even a little growth spurt.  It def makes for a hot mess baby...and parents.  ((hugs))
  • mrsconn23 said:
    @mrsconn23 Just about 18 months. That's also a possibility. She's usually pretty clingy with teeth but this was beyond normal :\ She had an issue a week or so ago with just sobbing when I put her to bed - to the point I thought an ear infection
    Could be all of it kicking in at the same time; teeth, separation anxiety, and maybe even a little growth spurt.  It def makes for a hot mess baby...and parents.  ((hugs))
    All of that would not surprise me. She's never had separation anxiety before and she's slept over at MIL and my mum's places a few times, but I guess it was bound to happen. I just feel bad for M because she just didn't wanna be around him :( 
  • Sending you good thoughts Mrs Conn 

I hate Second Monday. I've been in meetings most of the day. Still trying to catch up on emails. I slept like shit last night because one of our dogs was snoring so loud! I could even hear her over my ear plugs. 

On the happier side, I'm already planning my 40th birthday party for next year, and I'm super excited. 
  • So sorry to hear that @mrsconn23
    Sleeping vibes to whomever needs it.  And by sleeping vibes I mean melatonin pills! 

Whatcha doing for it, @climbingwife?

• @OliveOilsMom The dog licking herself wakes me up too.  I can sleep through fire alarms and people turning on lights or climbing into bed with me, but any noises my animals make and I'm wide awake.  It started with this paranoia that my dog was licking herself because she had an allergy (licking paws excessively is an apparent symptom), and it would make me up because I'd be worried that she wasn't feeling well.  And now it's just nails on a chalkboard for me.  She'll sometimes stop if we ask her to.

• OMG, FIL's dog favorite thing to do is plop herself in the middle of the living room and go to town licking herself.   I'm always yelling at her to knock it off, LOL.  She usually stops, glares at me, gets up, turns around, settles, and pouts.  ;) 
  • kerbohl said:
    @OliveOilsMom The dog licking herself wakes me up too.  I can sleep through fire alarms and people turning on lights or climbing into bed with me, but any noises my animals make and I'm wide awake.  It started with this paranoia that my dog was licking herself because she had an allergy (licking paws excessively is an apparent symptom), and it would make me up because I'd be worried that she wasn't feeling well.  And now it's just nails on a chalkboard for me.  She'll sometimes stop if we ask her to.
    For me it's the litter box. The cats will go in there for ten minutes scratching and scratching. I'd say it's a sign it needs to be changed but it gets even worse when it's fresh litter and they spend even more time throwing it out of the box until the litter is at a predetermined "acceptable" height. It wakes me up instantly and going back to sleep is impossible. 

• Yes @ILoveBeachMusic, tree goes up this weekend too since I won’t be around for tgiving. Plus, tgiving is so late in the month anyway. My tree’s small.  I’m thinking of turning my year round haunted house display into A christmas village too.  Lol.  Throw some trees up. Ice rink.  Wreaths.  Volia.  Even the haunted houses will be festive.

actually should look into my village.  I saw my friends kids’ play near it on Sunday.  2 of the houses have intricate pieces. 

• FI is itching to get our Christmas stuff up. I feel like we barely just took down Halloween. It’s been 90 degrees almost all of fall so it hasn’t really felt like we’ve gotten to enjoy the decor. I did convince him not to put up our miniature village because a) we don’t really have anywhere to put it, and b) the cats will wreak havoc on the town.