Wedding Woes

Friday

I am so glad it's the end of the week.  I'm exhausted.  K will get home tomorrow and I'm glad.  I missed them.

So, I talked to a few connections I have and basically I've decided that if I can't get surgery scheduled next week, I'm going to eat a big old pizza and go into the ER with a gallbladder attack and get my damn surgery.  But I've already contacted the doctors office to tell them this is happening so they're aware and hopefully when they see me on Monday, the surgeon will be sympathetic to the situation and fit me in.  It's a 30 minute out patient surgery, surely they can make it happen.  Then, I can make decisions about my health insurance moving forward from a rational place, rather than an emergency place.

Other than that, SSDD.  I don't have any plans for the weekend really, what's up with all of you?

Re: Friday

• That all sucks @VarunaTT. At least you’ll get to enjoy pizza? 

Work is frazzled. I’m trying to get a handle on the new portfolio I have but there are a ton of problems in it and I’m not as up to speed on fixing them as I’d like to be. 

H is heading to camp this weekend, which is good because he’s still bummed about work. His leadership is a mess and it’s dragging on him. Hopefully walking quietly in the woods all weekend will help. 
  • Also, we now have Disney + (thanks Verizon!) so I’m all about some Disney movies this weekend. 
  • So, uh...I got a 'surprise' mammogram yesterday.  I thought I was getting just an ultrasound, but they said since I'm over 30 that I needed the whole shebang.  My boobs still hurt, but that is also PMS with the smashing they received.  I'm in the clear for now, but I need a 6 month follow up to make sure nothing changes since lefty is a question mark (but it's probably just really dense tissue). 

Tonight, I think I'm going to head to the store for weekly shopping + TG stuff we need.  Fingers crossed it's not too insane. 

Tomorrow, dad wants to take DefConn and my nephew to Ford vs. Ferrari.  DH is going to tag along.  Mom will likely be released, so I'm going to hang with her in case she gets sprung while they're at the show. 

Sunday, SIL and nieces will be in town.  We're going to dinner with them and FIL. Not sure what else is going on, besides the fact that I should fold my piled up laundry and get my house in some sort of order. 
  • I'm so glad it's Friday. I can't believe there are only 5 weeks left of the year. 

Pretty quiet weekend here. Tomorrow we're going to SIL's for a Thanksgiving on that side of the family. But it will just be two couples and her kid, so pretty low key. I agreed to make pecan pie, so I'l head to the grocery store after work. I'm debating whether we should go out tonight or just stay in. Sunday I'm going to get some boxes and start decluttering and packing get the house ready to list. 
  • @VarunaTT, I saw your TK identity crisis, lol.  Glad you are feeling your online self again.  Hopefully the same will be true for your real self soon and you get your gall bladder surgery ASAP!  I also saw the stupidity with your work's insurance.

I was off work yesterday for a doctor's appointment.  Nothing concerning, my usual 2x/year check-up with my endocrinologist.  Kidney and liver function still perfect.  All my labs came back perfect...I have a lot of them, lol...except thyroid, cholesterol, and A1C (3-month blood sugar average).  And even the thyroid and A1C were better than last time and "good", but room for improvement and not quite where we want them.

My doctor came down hard on all carbs.  Not just the especially fast acting ones, ie sugary stuff.  I found that pretty surprising and am wondering if that is "new" wisdom for diabetic patients.  I'd always been told to eat limited portions of high-carb items, like pasta and potatoes.  But his stance was more to totally eliminate them from my main diet, though "once in awhile" was okay.  He said my diet should primarily be meat and veggies.  And even higher fat meats like steak are just fine, at least from a diabetic perspective.  Definitely limited fruit, but small portions of lower-sugar fruits should be included (this has always been my understanding).

I'm not quite so sure about all of that.  I've never noticed potatoes or bread raising my blood sugar, though pasta sometimes does.  I'm going to do some extra blood sugar testing and experimenting with different meals in the coming months to look for patterns and if there are blood sugar differences.  Even a worse case scenario is "eat steak, fish, and poultry".  That does not break my heart at all, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good vibes your mom will get discharged soon @mrsconn23

I hope you’re able to get in quickly @VarunaTT

Not too much is happening for me here today. My parents are coming over tomorrow to help us start repairing the bathroom so I have to move some stuff around. I’m a little worried about Aurora. She sneezed a few times and her nose looks a little runny, so I’m keeping a close eye on her and I’ll have to take her to the vet again if it seems like it’s getting worse. 

• Happy Birthday Three-a-saurus @knrvun!!!
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2019
    @short+sassy, yeah the diabetic diet, when they gave it to me had minimal carbs.  Like ___ per meal.  But then my friends mom who was type 2 said “no carbs!” And I lost like 50 lbs.  right now I’m good with breads and pastas, but man do I like my potatoes.  And primal paleo allows that. 

I just sent in my hair sample for a sensitivity test - I’m excited for the results! 

@VarunaTT, i hope they get you in next week.  What a tough spot your in.  If you want greasy - order pizza hut!

@mrsconn23 do you have history of breast cancer in your family?  Is this why they asked you to do it before 40?

Tomorrow I have to get my brakes looked at and my treadmill which won’t start up right now. Ugh.  I just hope it’s break pads and not the entire system.  Fingers crossed for me please. This could be an expensive weekend!

• kvruns said:
    Nothing much here. Today I have a 3 year old! He went to daycare as usual but will get a couple presents tonight and then celebrate with my family on Thanksgiving. Sorry kiddo that's all you get right now. 

Thought about taking him somewhere special but if I'm being honest he's a major pain to take out in public these days so staying in is best. If he actually ate real food I'd make/get his favorite but he hates everything but junk food.

I take his picture with the blocks and teddy bear every birthday (and every month at the beginning). Fun to see him grow even though he never sits straight up so hard to see.

Fun!  My birthday was Nov. 20th (Wed.).  Though I turned just a wee bit older than 3, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy belated birthday!
  • @mrsconn23 do you have history of breast cancer in your family?  Is this why they asked you to do it before 40?
    I had a suspicious mass at my annual in my right breast.  Turns out it's a giant pocket of fat.  My mom also went through this rigmarole in her 30's as well, apparently.  She almost ended up with a biopsy. 

My grandma had breast cancer post-menopausal (in her 80's) and only had a mastectomy, no other treatment. 
  • Gotcha. Glad it was nothing!

@kvruns I cannot get over how cute he is!!! My parents say my 3 yr old nephew is hard to take out now too.

@short+sassy happy belated!  One of my bff also had her birthday on Wednesday. 

• Happy belated birthday @short+sassy. @kvruns, he is adorable!

Talked to doctor's office yesterday. They've now changed my annual exam to an ultrasound and possible biopsy depending on US results. My annual exam was rescheduled because they said that insurance companies often won't pay for the preventative exam if it is combine with something else. So I have to make that 30 min drive twice. Oh well. I'm trying not to worry to much between now and the 6th.

Today I had a facial with derma-planing. It was wonderful. I think I've mentioned this before, but I can't get over how soft and smooth my skin is!

We are about done with the outside Christmas decorating. H still needs to put up a few of the lights but my stuff is finished. We won't turn the lights on until after Thanksgiving. We are just trying to take advantage of the decent weather.

Tomorrow we are going to a Madrigal dinner that is a fund raiser for some friends' church. I'm looking forward to it. 
  • Happy 3rd birthday to your cutie @kvruns and happy belated @short+sassy!  Hope you can have your procedure soon @VarunaTT
    Frozen 2 was good.  The kids kept needing the bathroom separately so I missed parts but there seemed to be an interesting plot.  It was also cute watching with a theater full of kids...Olaf may have a line that makes an adult give a little half smile but it sends kids into peels of laughter.
    Doing a big Thanksgiving shop early tomorrow morning, and should then be a pretty quiet weekend.
  • @short+sassy It was my birthday on Wednesday as well!  I took the day off work and promptly used it to get stuff done instead of chilling ... I'm hosting a family reunion tomorrow and it's been a lot of work this week.  And then next weekend I'm busy ... and then I'm hosting the family reunion of the other side of the family the week after.  But for that one all the planning is done, so not so bad.  
    Thank heavens hubby's family never does family reunions!

• Happy birthday kerbol!
  • kerbohl said:
    @short+sassy It was my birthday on Wednesday as well!  I took the day off work and promptly used it to get stuff done instead of chilling ... I'm hosting a family reunion tomorrow and it's been a lot of work this week.  And then next weekend I'm busy ... and then I'm hosting the family reunion of the other side of the family the week after.  But for that one all the planning is done, so not so bad.  
    Thank heavens hubby's family never does family reunions!
    Birthday twins!  Happy belated birthday.

My high school sweetheart and one of my sorority sisters shares our birthday also.  They were both the same year (1973) as me also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker