Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

Tuesdays are always worse on the weeks after a holiday and where I have to work Saturday.  

I need to take a moment appreciate Princess Anne in The Crown.  She's new my new favorite because it's literally, "Princesses, just like us," with all her teenage angst and being over it.  She just wants to be with her horses and not participate in the Royals dog and pony show.  It's embarrassing and she clearly knows her dad's ideas are some cockamamie bullshit.  ;)

Mom is working on getting a second opinion.  She will probably need to travel for initial testing and treatment set-up, but she should be able to get treatment here in town.  I'm anxious to know when her first appointment will be and how long she'll need to be OOT.   She is doing better and getting stronger with her recovery every day.  Dad finally went back to his 'normal' work schedule instead of working from home all the time.  

Other than that, SSDD. 

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    Good luck with it all @mrscon23

are the boards wonky for anyone else? Like you have to go through all the links before getting to what is posted (mobile)?

we hit our slow season.  Always do after t-givng... i’m planning a quick christmas getaway.  I’d love for it to be in Salem but the damn cost!

• Options
    I have a plague. M is getting something {maybe same?}
    BabyKitten has a dr appt tomorrow, so I'm gonna see if they can just check me out quick and be sure it's not something that needs antibiotics. Since my mum is picking up BabyKitten tomorrow, I'm gonna suggest M swings by a walk-in clinic to be sure he's also not needing antibiotics.

I booked myself a root canal in January {week after my exam} and my mum is gonna meet me afterwards. I told her I would just head home once my head is less foggy {I get laughing gas} and she said - and I quote - "no, you're staying at my place. What if something happens and you need me?"
    Lol she's so cute :) She's also taking BabyKitten overnight that night to ensure I get rest in case I'm in pain.
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 glad they're able to get some normalcy going on for your parents :) 

@CharmedPam not on mobile, but desktop definitely has a different vibe to it
  • Options
    @CharmedPam my set up is all wonky too. I’m on mobile. 

Feel better @MissKittyDanger

Princess Anne and her kids are pretty cool. @mrsconn23 I think she was the first royal to participate in the Olympics. 

I am stuck in the endless loop of not being able to clock in/out at work because no one can set me up. So I’ve had to fill out stupid paper forms every day. At this point it’s been long enough I’m starting to feel like it’s ridiculous. A lot of things about this new job are very disorganized. I’m trying to give it a chance. 

I had a terrible dream about Aurora this morning. All I wanted to do was cuddle her but instead I had to adult and get ready for work. It’s still bothering me. =(

• Options
    Work is crazy and we are supposed to be slowing down this time of year!  So just popping in for a bit.

H had karate last night, so it was just me and DD.  We had a quick dinner then we decorated our gingerbread house.  After DD went to bed, H and I got the tree set up last night and DD was in love this morning!  Cassie was weirded out, but so far so good with her too!  Tonight I will either run out to make some returns or we will decorate more.  I'm thinking decorating!  I love this time of year and I love seeing everything through DDs eyes as well.
  • Options
    I’m so tired. If I didn’t have a meeting right at 1 I’d go take a nap in my car. It’s probably part pregnancy, part lack of caffeine, part still feeling a little sick, and part the dog sleeping on the bed with me last night. Whatever it is I need a nap. 

I set up the tree this weekend but haven’t decorated it at all. H comes home tomorrow so maybe we’ll do it then. We didn’t get a real tree this year because we’re finishing the floors, and H felt bad (I love real trees and decorating them!) so he insisted we set up the fake one. But I have very little motivation to do anything with it. 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23, I'm glad your mom has been feeling better and stronger!

@CharmedPam, my TK is fine.  Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself.  Sorry to rub it in, but the cold front that hit the north sucked up warm air from the Gulf for us.  We had perfect weather for the long weekend, lol.  In the high 60s-mid 70s.  Neither heat nor a/c was needed.  But then the cold air caught up to us yesterday and it's chilly again.

@MissKittyDanger, I know from your posts that BabyKitten hasn't been sleeping well for awhile.  I find that when I'm not getting enough sleep, I'm more susceptible to getting sick.  That might be going on for you and M.

I'm feeling pretty good and energetic today!  Not sure why, lol.  But I'll take it.  I have a couple errands to run tonight.  I'm doing a mystery shop I haven't done before.  I'm not familiar with the store, but it sounds like a fancy chocolate shop and I need to order a hot chocolate.  I'm also picking up $45 in free food from a Harrah's owned restaurant.  I have a voucher that expires today.

---------------------------

I will tell another wacky story from yesterday at eviction court, lol.  This story isn't mine, but it was a case I listened to while I waited for mine to be called.

To set the scene, as I'm sure you call can imagine, NOLA has a lot of musicians who live here.  Which isn't always an easy profession because, unless they also have another job, they don't have the income and benefits security that a typical job has.  Because we consider music an important part of our culture, there are a lot of charity programs that help.  Including free health care.

But then, that's where this can sometimes cause a problem for people because they act entitled, that their problems should be other people's problems, and that everyone needs to be a charity for them.

And cue, this case.  Where the two defendants are musicians in the city.  Who, even according to them, haven't paid one dollar for either Nov. or Dec.'s rent.  Oh, they will.  But wah, wah, wah, it's so hard to be a musician and their landlord needs to be more flexible.

But then, at least to me, was the most hilarious part.  The woman starts talking about how she lived in NYC for 10 years.  Where the landlord-tenant laws do allow so much more flexibility for tenants.  And starts b**ching to the judge about how terrible the landlord-tenant laws are in Louisiana.  That they are the worst state in the country because they are too lenient for landlords.  I'm thinking, "Umm...you realize you're complaining about Louisiana legislature in regards to rentals to an eviction court judge?  Lol."  Not to mention, Louisiana isn't the "worst".  Many states have similar policies to ours.  It's more that NYC is as extreme as it gets in the other direction.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm struggling today.  I know that I am improving each day and really my pain isn't that bad, but just this continued low level ache is just annoying and tiring really.  Clothes are really annoying, especially underwear.  :smiley:  I've had to put my social media blocker on to help me concentrate and not just fall into a "social media block because I don't want to work" hole.

Kamala Harris has just announced she is dropping out of the presidential nomination race and I am far more disappointed than I expected.  Also, they just took my damn monthly donation yesterday!  :disappointed:  I had high hopes for her candidacy.  I am hoping she has picked up a VP offer and I am hoping it's NOT from Bernie or Biden, but definitely from Warren.

Otherwise, SSDD.
  • Options
    @short+sassy  very likely that's the cause. I'm the same, the second I'm over tired it's like every plague is like "HEY LET'S GET HER!" *head desk*
  • Options
    I was also surprised/disappointed re: Kamala Harris. I had high hopes. 

SSDD here. Stupid second Monday. 
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2019
    I’m disappointed about Kamala Harris. 

I definitely thought today was Wednesday for some reason. 

Etf: spelling and autocorrect

• Options
    Omg I couldn't imagine being a landlord here @short+sassy ! Even back in my 20s renting days it was a bit strange...I could stop paying rent and 6-9 mos later the landlord might have been able to take me to eviction court  :#
    My father goes in for scans every few months and last week they saw something that could've been something.  But the CT scan results were all clear today, so I'm feeling relieved. I had parent/teacher conferences after work (for my own kids, not my students) and they're all progressing well and are acting kind towards others, so I'm happy.  And we had our first snowfall last night, which is always nice.  

I'm disappointed about Kamala too although I'll admit (I know it's not good) that at the end of the day I'll happily vote for whichever Democrat can defeat Trump next November.