Wedding Woes

Friday

I'm sooooooooooooooo glad this week has been over.  It's been tough, but I muscled through it.  I really am feeling so much better after this surgery.  I actually feel a little hyper?  I've had such low energy for so long, my "normal" feels sky high.

Weekend plans?  K and I are hitting a couple of light shows and going to see a friend's stand up tomorrow night.  Other than that, just cleaning and cooking and continuing to rest.  Almost all of the glue on all of my incisions is off.  IDK if that's good or bad, but the glue itched to distraction, so I'm glad it's gone.  I just put some bandaids over the incisions to protect them from my clothing rubbing on them.  Also, I have a library book that I have to finish.  It's overdue and it's the final in a series that I really liked at the beginning and now really don't care for (The Mortal Engines series, for those interested).  Getting through the last 200 pages has been a chore, but I have too much invested at this point.

Re: Friday

• I'm also so glad it's the weekend. Nothing terribly exciting planned; just relaxing and getting some things done around the house. I guess I'm going to have to get it together to start Xmas shopping, although that will all be online. Weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow, so will take the pup to the park and maybe lunch. I think we've officially decided not to decorate this year with trying to get repairs done to list the house, so I can at least take that off our list this weekend. I know I should be bummed, but TBH I'm kind of relieved. I don't really like christmas and the decorating is a hassle. 

Does anyone do photo holiday cards? I've never done them before, but looking for a deal. Any recommendations? 
  • Agreed on Groupon for Staples cards. They're not as thick as ones like Shutterfly but for the price you can't beat it and I figure most people throw them away anyway so no need to spend a ton.
  • MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2019
    We do photo cards through Sam's Club each year.  Design online and pick them up in the club.   They have heavy stock like Shutterfly or  photo paper. They are 50% off through 1/31/20.
  • No weekend plans, and I'm very happy about it. We had a great 4 days off for Thanksgiving last week, celebrated with friends, and then both proceeded to get sick and have been all week. I am working on a business plan on Saturday with a friend of mine for a venture I'm trying to get off the ground in early 2020, so that's exciting, but other than that I'll be hibernating.

Next week is the Lizzo concert, which will be my 3rd Lizzo concert this year (I'm obsessed), so I've got to rest up and be on my A game for that. 

Image result for lizzo
    "Gossip is the devil's telephone, best to just hang up."
  • We look around for Groupon, Minted, or Staples deals and sometimes even Wal-Mart has a decent value.

We send about 100 cards each Christmas so anything that we can do to bring down the cost and keep the timing fast helps.   At this point we will be sending a photo card and the photo we are using most likely does not yet exist.  
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2019
    Tonight we need to run to Costco.  We are running low on all the staples we get from there.  I want to slip in a Trader Joe's flyby as well.  

I work tomorrow.  DH needs to register the boat and get stuff to fix my brakes  (I ran to the store last night and the noise they are making is horrendous). After I get off work, Christmas is throwing up in this bitch.  :D 

Sunday is the kiddo's bday.  We're making dinner for him, his gf, and FIL.  I'm probably going to make cinnamon rolls and maybe do some other baking.  I may try to start wrapping Sunday night.  My pile is out of control. I need to go to the dollar store for boxes and bags. 
  • Casadena said:

ETA: stopped at starbucks after our baby appt this morning and tried an Irish cream cold brew on a whim - holy crap is it good.  Just in case anyone is looking to try something new :)
    I had one earlier this week.  SO GOOD!  ;) 
  • I’m so freaking tired. I can barely stay awake at my desk; is all of pregnancy like this?! Plus with no caffeine I’m cranky. 

We went to the surprise party last night and it was really fun! It was with a bunch of H’s friends I really like, and we both had a really good tome. 

We got home late Though to an incredibly cold house. The boiler had some error and shut itself off. So we had to restart everything and whatever it’s probably fine but I was freezing last night. I’m hoping everything is fine when we get home tonight! 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2019
    Furiously waving at @moira_rose_stan.  HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I figured you out pretty quick even without your intro in the other post.  ;) 

• We thankfully have no plans this weekend! I'm very excited. 
  • Heeeelllllllllooooooooooooooooooo mrsconn23! I thought those 2 of you who know me would catch on but just in case I didn't want to be a weirdo and not "introduce" myself ;)
    "Gossip is the devil's telephone, best to just hang up."
  • I’m so freaking tired. I can barely stay awake at my desk; is all of pregnancy like this?! Plus with no caffeine I’m cranky. 

We went to the surprise party last night and it was really fun! It was with a bunch of H’s friends I really like, and we both had a really good tome. 

We got home late Though to an incredibly cold house. The boiler had some error and shut itself off. So we had to restart everything and whatever it’s probably fine but I was freezing last night. I’m hoping everything is fine when we get home tonight! 
    @charlotte989875 how many weeks are you?    I found that for myself it was basically weeks 6 thru 12 where I got home from work at 5 and needed a nap right away and bedtime at 9.   By the 2nd trimester I was able to stay awake longer.

Not sure if you've had any caffeine but I would have a cup of tea from time to time and that was a help. 
  • banana468 said:
    I’m so freaking tired. I can barely stay awake at my desk; is all of pregnancy like this?! Plus with no caffeine I’m cranky. 

@charlotte989875 how many weeks are you?    I found that for myself it was basically weeks 6 thru 12 where I got home from work at 5 and needed a nap right away and bedtime at 9.   By the 2nd trimester I was able to stay awake longer.

Not sure if you've had any caffeine but I would have a cup of tea from time to time and that was a help. 
    Almost 6 six weeks. I feel like o need a nap to get through the day (but since I work in an office that’s a no-go!) so I basically crash when I get home. 

I haven’t had any caffeine yet; everything I’ve read said a little bit is fine, I’m going to my doctor on Monday so I’m going to double check then. 
  • banana468 said:
    I’m so freaking tired. I can barely stay awake at my desk; is all of pregnancy like this?! Plus with no caffeine I’m cranky. 

Almost 6 six weeks. I feel like o need a nap to get through the day (but since I work in an office that’s a no-go!) so I basically crash when I get home. 

I haven’t had any caffeine yet; everything I’ve read said a little bit is fine, I’m going to my doctor on Monday so I’m going to double check then. 
    Once I was out of the 1st trimester, a lot of my energy came back. Now that I'm in the 3rd trimester, I'm tired again but that's more because I'm not sleeping well. I haven't really stayed away from caffeine during my pregnancy, but I have kept it to no more than 1 cup of coffee a day.

@Casadena how many more weeks for you?!
  • Ditto the recommendation for the Staples Groupon. I got mine already this year and I've been going through the options online.  Tons to choose from and I usually can pick them up in store the next day!

Charlotte - I had a cup of tea everyday.  Sometimes I would have a 2nd cup, in desperation.  The type of tea I drink was about half the caffiene of 1 cup of coffee.  Everything I read said 1 cup of coffee per day was ok, so I figured on occasion, 2 cups of tea was ok.  I was also super tired 1st trimester.

DD has been on a tear at school this week.  I know its just being 2, but she can recite consequences to us, but in the moment at school, she does her own thing.  But I had to work until 630 last night, so H had her all to himself the last two days enforcing her consequences alone.  So that made him feel like crap.  So I told him I will get DD after work, so he can go home and relax alone.

This weekend we have things to do around the house.  I would like to wrap more things, decorate the outside of the house and finish the inside.
  • banana468 said:

There is something about the fatigue that starts at the 6 wk mark that goes for about 6 weeks that is still just SUPER tired.   The only fatigue I have felt that compares is the immediate postpartum time where you can fall down and sleep but you have a kid stuck to you.     It's no joke. 
  • I probably drank too much caffeine when pregnant, so maybe that's why one of DefConn's nicknames is 'nutjob'.  ;)  But I would have to take a walk and get a coffee around 3pm every day because I was falling asleep at my desk.  I was in the office at the time, so naps on the office floor were frowned upon.  Good thing they can't see me now.  Heee.  :D 
  • F**K!  Ugh!  Every week I try so hard to get outta here at 11AM and every week something screws with that.  I thought I'd make it this time.  I really did, smh.

Okay, now that I got that off my chest, lol.  I'm just feeling the weight right now of so much to do and not enough time.  Plus having a vacancy always stresses me out.  I try not to let it get to me but the "uncertainty" of it drives me nuts.  That's the vacancy for the reno'ed duplex.

Oh, plus, the tenant I'm evicting is supposed to be out on Sun.  I'm already expecting that to be a continuation of this s**t show and she still doesn't leave.  This is always a weird stage.  Because, even though there is a court order she needs to be out by Sun., I STILL can't go in and just change the locks on Monday if she is still living there.  I can't legally do that until the constable visit (if needed).  So I still need to be in touch with and verify with her that she is gone.  Although she's never avoided contact with me, at this stage, that wouldn't surprise me.

My strategy.  If I haven't heard from her, and I'm sure I won't, I'll send a "friendlier" text message on Sunday that asks for a good time to pick up the keys from her.  If she hasn't responded within a few hours, I'll send another text message to let her know that we will be going by on Monday to change the locks and secure the property.  But, if she and her family will not be out on Sun., to please let me know because we don't want to accidentally lock her out or their belongings in (if there are any).

I was in this situation once before, but with a tenant who was often uncommunicative during her tenancy.  I'd given her a 30-Day Notice (it was actually 6 weeks) to Vacate...so not an eviction, at least not yet...but as we were getting to within a few days of the end of that...she was totally ignoring my attempt to schedule a time to give me the keys.  I sent her that "second" text message on the morning after she was supposed to have been moved out.

Oh!  Worked like a charm.  Now she immediately replied back that they weren't out yet.  Then she went back to ignoring me when I asked when they were leaving?  I could possibly give them more time if they already had a place lined up?  Crickets.  And filed for the eviction on Monday (eyeroll).

So that's the long version of I'm sadly not even looking forward to the weekend much.  I expect that, even though it is the holidays, I'm going to be stressed out all month and wish I could just fast forward to next year already!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I probably drank too much caffeine when pregnant, so maybe that's why one of DefConn's nicknames is 'nutjob'.  ;)  But I would have to take a walk and get a coffee around 3pm every day because I was falling asleep at my desk.  I was in the office at the time, so naps on the office floor were frowned upon.  Good thing they can't see me now.  Heee.  :D 
    Definitely took a couple lunchtime naps in my car over the summer with the windows down, lol. 
  • Thank you all for making me feel like I’m not crazy for feeling this exhausted. And for not making me feel about about craving some caffeine. Y’all are the best! 
  • Thank you all for making me feel like I’m not crazy for feeling this exhausted. And for not making me feel about about craving some caffeine. Y’all are the best! 
    You are not crazy!   This gloomy weather isn't helping either.

Also, no one told me this but a coworker confirmed that it's totally normal to have really dirty dreams as you get further into pregnancy.   So THAT is something to look forward to. 
  • banana468 said:
    Thank you all for making me feel like I’m not crazy for feeling this exhausted. And for not making me feel about about craving some caffeine. Y’all are the best! 
    You are not crazy!   This gloomy weather isn't helping either.

Also, no one told me this but a coworker confirmed that it's totally normal to have really dirty dreams as you get further into pregnancy.   So THAT is something to look forward to. 

Didn't know that either and makes me feel a WHOLE lot better about the dream I had a couple of nights ago.
  • OK so I was pregnant a  million years ago (slight exaggeration). I would fall asleep on the way to work and on the way home (H and I rode together). In addition, when I was pregnant with DS1 I would go into the nuclear magnetic resonance room and nap during to lunch. I couldn't hold my eyes open otherwise. I also had one cup of coffee a day.