Wedding Woes

Thursday

Im beat and why isn’t this week over Yet? 

Interesting article:  Go Cali with your appealing job market:
https://www.businessinsider.com/glassdoor-best-major-companies-to-work-for-in-2020-2019-12

Re: Thursday

• BabyKitten had a rough bedtime and usually even though she has rough bedtime, she'll sleep through the night - nope, she was up at 2am. In her defense, she had a massive poop and cannot sleep if she's pooped.

I was mildly nervous because my mum got a random stomach bug, so when BabyKitten had this massive poop, I was like "oh gawd did she get it!?" Likely just a one-off and tbh it seemed more teething style {for moms here who know those poops lol}

Anyways, she seemed fine. She kept fucking around in her crib when I put her back to bed, so I eventually had to get her again. She didn't want bottle {she had like 2 sips} but pushed it away and snuggled. :( apparently I didn't snuggle long enough with her lol

I'm currently irrationally irked. I wanna get a new couch, but M and I have decided to wait until BabyKitten is potty trained in case of accidents. I mean I know we're like minimum 6 months away from her potentially being ready {crazy, I know!} so it's like possibly a year from her being fully trained. Just annoying.

Please enjoy the couch I want and keep returning to look at:
    https://dufresne.ca/collections/living-room/products/1431046k
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2019
    I started a Thursday post and then wandered off to do work stuff and forgot about it.  ;) 

I was off work yesterday and had DefConn with me.  He was still a little on the rough side in the morning, but he was fine by the end of the day.  He went back to school today, praise the lord.  

We went running around in the morning. I had Old Navy super cash and the kiddo said he wanted jeans from there.  I also had  Kohl's cash, so I picked up a sweatshirt from there for the kiddo as well.  We ran to Target and Best Buy too.  

Once we got home, I made homemade cinnamon rolls that I make every year to give out to people.  I'm probably going to have to do 2 batches because DH wants to give some to work people.  Doing two batches in one day is very daunting, so it was good I decided to get batch 1 done yesterday.  I also ran and folded a ton of laundry since I needed to strip DefConn's room from him being sick.  The kiddo and FIL came for dinner.   

I needed the stress baking/cleaning because I had a very rough couple days emotionally.  Nothing major has changed, it's just a lot little, almost imperceptible shifts are happening and it's making me realize things are never going to be the same again.  My relationship with my parents is changing and I feel completely unprepared for it.  Lots of tears and talking to DH and my best friends helped. 

The kids were in rare form last night, being jackholes.  And FIL is just a lot to take, so I ended up hiding after dinner a lot last night.  I told DH I felt bad, but he was like, "I knew what you were doing and it's OK." He's the best. 

Anyhoo, Prudie in a few.  ;)<3 
  • Speaking of couches, a friend of mine decided to buy a white couch from Ethan Allen while she had a toddler and a 5 year old. I tried to talk to her out it. The couch lasted a few weeks, and then was colored by the kids with markers. 

I've been in meetings most of the morning. I'm so sleepy. 

On exciting things happening, we have someone coming to the house Sunday to help design our built-in and the laundry room. I'm super excited! 
  • Speaking of couches, a friend of mine decided to buy a white couch from Ethan Allen while she had a toddler and a 5 year old. I tried to talk to her out it. The couch lasted a few weeks, and then was colored by the kids with markers. 

I've been in meetings most of the morning. I'm so sleepy. 

On exciting things happening, we have someone coming to the house Sunday to help design our built-in and the laundry room. I'm super excited! 
    Hahhahahaha!

Sorry - but that's super amusing to me.    DH's aunt has white couches and I have no idea how she keeps them so clean.   She's a mom of 12 so there has to be an errant crayon or coffee stain but I never see them. 
  • Just trying to get through the day. Thanks for all the nausea tips; I’ve been snacking throughout the day and feeling a bit better, just exhausted. 

We have our holiday party tonight so I’m hoping to skip out early. I generally really like these things but H is off at camp again and all I want to do is nap. 
  • @MissKittyDanger, is it that the current couch is ratty looking?  Or lost it's "oomph"?  If it's ratty looking, a couch cover can do wonders to tide you all over until you're ready for the next couch.

Some of the ladies I work with put together a Christmas lunch with a gift exchange.  I just came back from that.  For those of you familiar with the game, I was VERY excited that the gift I brought was stolen 3x!  In fact, 3x was the max it could be stolen and that happened before the game was even halfway through.  I brought a set of stemless wine glasses that had a little bit of a Christmas theme.  They each had one word on them like joy, hope, love (I forget the fourth one).  A pair of those extra soft kind of comfy socks that had a cactus wearing a Santa hat.  But I think the true piece de resistance was the 5 Christmas and Saints themed $2 scratch-off tickets that were in the box with the socks, lol.

As for myself, I ended up with a bottle of Blackstone Merlot wine with some Lindt chocolates.  Oh yeah!  I drink wine often, so a very useful gift!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @mrsconn23 did you ever get DefConn his shoes? I keep seeing a pair pop up in my FB marketplace feed that is exactly what he wanted but its the wrong size. It's like the shopping search is following me
  • kvruns said:
    @mrsconn23 did you ever get DefConn his shoes? I keep seeing a pair pop up in my FB marketplace feed that is exactly what he wanted but its the wrong size. It's like the shopping search is following me
    LOL!!  Yes!  I ended up finding a pair at Dick's in his size.  He's going to flip.  ;) 
  • We have a beige couch and purchased the 5-year "no matter what happens we'll come and clean it" policy...it's been quite useful  :disappointed:
    Sorry BabyKitten is keeping you up so often @MissKittyDanger
  • @short+sassy  both. It's ripping at the back, getting stained beyond hope and the oomph factor. It's fine to last a few more years, knowing I'm going to be getting rid of it. {idk what I'll do with it tbh} Tbh it's an ikea couch and they really don't have the lasting quality, but we've also had it nearly 6yrs at this point.

@ei34 Teeth suck. I'm so friggen done :\ I mean mostly it's not her fault, BabyKitten tries to fall asleep, then gets pissy about something and often sits there quietly before trying again or losing her mind.
    With a beige couch, I would definitely get that policy!