Wedding Woes

Wintery Wednesday

Why is it so hard to flipping fill the brita water jug? we’re all adults here....

Trying to get around to see Knives Out tonight.  Finally.  But now Black Christmas is enticing me....

Re: Wintery Wednesday

• I am annoyed and this is a 1st world problem so I'm trying to keep it in perspective. 

After finally getting the Christmas cards ordered Sunday night I paid extra through Wal Mart to have them ready Monday.   Monday I received a confirmation that my order was ready and trucked over there with both kids to find out that the CARDS were done but THEY HAD NO FUCKING ENVELOPES.   That's like telling me my pizza's ready but you have no boxes.  

I'm told that they'll have envelopes today so I called at 11 to find out if they were delivered.   It took FORTY MINUTES to get a human to answer me only to find out that they don't have them and won't until sometime after noon.   

I get it.   Working retail during the holidays sucks.   Placing last minute orders sucks.   But 1) I should have been notified that my order was incomplete and 2) they need to get their ish together.   

• I saw a shipping box that said Garrett popcorn at our front desk yesterday. I keep checking the break room waiting to see it appear bc even though it's not on my diet I want some popcorn!
  • that's ridiculous @banana468
  • kvruns said:
    I saw a shipping box that said Garrett popcorn at our front desk yesterday. I keep checking the break room waiting to see it appear bc even though it's not on my diet I want some popcorn!
    We got popcorn delivered yesterday from one of our vendors. So good! 
  • kvruns said:
    I saw a shipping box that said Garrett popcorn at our front desk yesterday. I keep checking the break room waiting to see it appear bc even though it's not on my diet I want some popcorn!
    Hey popcorn isn't that bad if eaten in moderation :) Most diets apparently allow it as long as it's plain
  • So yesterday, I did what I have expected myself to do for the last two years - not charge the car enough to get to work!  So that was fun email to draft!  Sorry - Can't get to the office - I forgot to plug in my car!  But I started charging it and then went in at 12:30.  I had training for Windows 10 and the other software upgrades and a meeting.  Otherwise, I would have just worked from home all day.  Then once I got home, I almost forgot to charge the car again!  Where is my brain???

Today is my Friday.  I will work next Monday and Tuesday (we get out at noon on Christmas Eve and not worth using a full vacation day for), but then off the following Thursday and Friday again.

I still have a lot of cleaning to do around the house.  But I have friends coming for dinner on Sunday - so that is putting a fire under my butt to get it done!
  • kvruns said:
    Hey popcorn isn't that bad if eaten in moderation :)Most diets apparently allow it as long as it's plain
    That’s the worst kind 🤣 

• kvruns said:
    My goodness. I looooove Garrett's popcorn. It's neck and neck between them and Nut's on Clark! 
  • I have eaten nachos for dinner, breakfast, and now lunch because that's the only thing I can hold down. We have officially entered the sickness stage of this pregnancy.

I'm not complaining - I loooove nachos so much. 
    Same! Nachos are good (so is popcorn), pretty much everything else is terrible. I’m right there with you! 
  • VarunaTT said:
    Listen, I am a popcorn LOVER.  And I will airpop a 1/2 cup of kernels and put 2 Tbs of real butter on it, and then salt it, and the stupid amount (I think it's like 10ish cups of popcorn) still has less than 500 calories and I'm perfectly happy.  I just eat it instead of lunch...or dinner.  But I never deny myself popcorn.  The key is airpopping it, which I think tastes better, fresher, and crunchier than microwave or movie popcorn.    Even if I "blow" my calorie count for the day with it, it's not that bad.  Also, the seasonings they have out now to sprinkle on aren't terrible in terms of calorie count either and some are fairly good.

I want to see a movie, but K is home, they are out of school, and they don't have derby, so it's like "stock up on couple time" while we can, b/c that'll come to an end faster than we realize.

Other than that, SSDD.  I splurged at my very favorite pizza restaurant last night and it was soooooooo good.  I'd been craving pizza and so far, my innards don't seem hella pissed, so that's good.
    Oh I’m the SAME with popcorn. It is a regular meal for me. I always air pop with salt and a little butter and IMO it’s perfect. I do like the white cheddar seasoning too and it’s surprisingly not high in calories. I will never deny myself popcorn. Love. It. 
  • Man, now I want popcorn. 

• VarunaTT said:
    Listen, I am a popcorn LOVER.  And I will airpop a 1/2 cup of kernels and put 2 Tbs of real butter on it, and then salt it, and the stupid amount (I think it's like 10ish cups of popcorn) still has less than 500 calories and I'm perfectly happy.  I just eat it instead of lunch...or dinner.  But I never deny myself popcorn.  The key is airpopping it, which I think tastes better, fresher, and crunchier than microwave or movie popcorn.    Even if I "blow" my calorie count for the day with it, it's not that bad.  Also, the seasonings they have out now to sprinkle on aren't terrible in terms of calorie count either and some are fairly good.

I want to see a movie, but K is home, they are out of school, and they don't have derby, so it's like "stock up on couple time" while we can, b/c that'll come to an end faster than we realize.

Other than that, SSDD.  I splurged at my very favorite pizza restaurant last night and it was soooooooo good.  I'd been craving pizza and so far, my innards don't seem hella pissed, so that's good.
    Oh I’m the SAME with popcorn. It is a regular meal for me. I always air pop with salt and a little butter and IMO it’s perfect. I do like the white cheddar seasoning too and it’s surprisingly not high in calories. I will never deny myself popcorn. Love. It. 
    I'll sometimes add garlic salt and/or parmesan sprinkles/shreds to my popcorn.  A little parmesan goes a long way, so it's still low on the calorie counts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Afternoon.  

I finally had counseling.  It was great and I adore her.  

After my appt, I ran to get teacher's gifts and a secret Santa gift for DH.  I also found a shirt to wear for Christmas and earrings for my sister.  

DefConn's Christmas show is tonight and I cannot wait to see some 3rd grade cuteness. 

I want an air popper and some popcorn now.  ;) 
  • @mrsconn23, this is my airpopper, Cuisinart.  I love it.  I had to buy it a second time b/c the first one finally died after like...at least 7 years, but probably closer to 10.

• I have eaten nachos for dinner, breakfast, and now lunch because that's the only thing I can hold down. We have officially entered the sickness stage of this pregnancy.

This is one of the most appealing things I've ever heard about being pregnant, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This is one of the most appealing things I've ever heard about being pregnant, lol.
    The nausea that necessitates the only eating nachos is far less appealing! 

I'm very okay with it. I've also been snacking on pickles and hot sauce. 

I've always eaten what I wanted whenever I wanted even before being like 6 seconds pregnant. 

Chinese for breakfast? Sure! 

I'm very okay with it. I've also been snacking on pickles and hot sauce. 

I've always eaten what I wanted whenever I wanted even before being like 6 seconds pregnant. 

Chinese for breakfast? Sure! 
    How far along are you now?
  • That's ridiculous @banana468 yay for the great daycare @MissKittyDanger and yay for the great counselor @mrsconn23
    It's snow squalling here.  I took a day off tomorrow bc my kids have singalongs and crafts at school and I have allll the wrapping/putting gifts into gift bags to do in between the school stuff.  Really looking forward to a break from the routine.

My first 14-15 weeks with my first child, my stomach was too unsettled to eat until 4pm or so, and then all I wanted was a plain cheese quesadilla, nothing on it.  So I can semi-relate to the nachos.
    Just joining in the pregnancy fun, my youngest sister (the one who was married in June) is also about 8 weeks along.  She had her first OB visit today.  Another sweetie for Aunt Eileen to love  <3
  • I spent 104 minutes on the phone with Wal Mart.  They told me they were getting envelopes.

DH went there on the way home.

Guess what I don't have?!

I am calling to get more money back tomorrow.   This is bad business.  
  • All of this talk about nachos and quesadillas settling stomachs is just confirmation that cheese and Mexican food are indeed the best things ever.