Knottie Tech Help

Online RSVP using The Knot website - how to include menu options?

Hello!

I'm sending out paper invites/STD's however will be using our wedding website on the knot for our RSVP's. We are having a sit down plated meal and have 3 different entree options. Our guests will need to select which of the three entrees they'd like at our reception. I'm just now getting around to entering our guest list on the wedding website but cannot find a place to add menu options. Is there a way to include it in the online RSVP? So that when a guest says they are attending, they will be required to select a menu option before submitting? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!! 

Re: Online RSVP using The Knot website - how to include menu options?

• Hello!

I'm sending out paper invites/STD's however will be using our wedding website on the knot for our RSVP's. We are having a sit down plated meal and have 3 different entree options. Our guests will need to select which of the three entrees they'd like at our reception. I'm just now getting around to entering our guest list on the wedding website but cannot find a place to add menu options. Is there a way to include it in the online RSVP? So that when a guest says they are attending, they will be required to select a menu option before submitting? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!! 
    I haven’t heard great things about the RSVP function on the knot from other brides on here (I didn’t use it myself). If you’re looking for an easy online way to RSVP you could list your meal choices on your invite/insert and set up a wedding email address and have people RSVP to that email. Would save from having people email back cards (and the postage costs) but also make sure you’re using a reliable system. 
  • Before you make a decision on which website to use, please check out the Tech Help board. 

https://forums.theknot.com/categories/knottie-help

• I am having the same problem! So frustrating. I think I may leave a short answer response for people to enter their entree selection. 

Ex:
    Question: Please indicate the entree selection for each individual attending. Choose of Steak, Seafood, or Vegetarian

Though, these questions do have the ability to be skipped. 
  • I have loved using The Knot and was able to figure this one out. 

When viewing on your computer, there's a "Manage Online RSVP" selection on the top right corner of the screen. 

You can then scroll down to your event and select "Add a Follow-up" and choose the meal choice option. 

And TADA!

Here is the link
    https://www.theknot.com/our-guest-list/rsvp-settings

• Multiple choice questions can't be skipped so its a good option

I'm seeing a LOT of bad reviews of The Knot RSVP function, and I've been testing it out today and not receiving any confirmation from the test guests I've added in. Has anyone used the RSVP function recently?
  • I'm able to add the meal allergens question but it's not obvious where I can look in a week's time to see people's responses. I do see the response in the email confirmation. The process for tracking now becomes manual to add to online RSVP notes. I expected more from web dev team @ theknot honestly.