Wedding Woes

Ugh, Tuesday

Happy worst day of the week friends! I pretty much have nothing new happening; work, sleep, insomnia, work. I’m irrationally annoyed at pretty much everything today (like why are people talking, also open office plans suck, why do people type so loud?!) except the pets. The were super snuggly this morning which made leaving especially hard. 

Please tell me some of you are having better days than I am? 

Re: Ugh, Tuesday

• Wish I could tell you so, but unfortunately, I woke up with a headache - some physical (had a true headache this morning), some the result of my Houston sports fanship. It really took a multiple whammy this weekend and yesterday. Ugh!
  • Oh wow, we normally don’t get our w2’s till around the 2nd paycheck of the month.  Actually that is coming up... 

sorry everyone’s Tuesday blows so far 😞 

• We got our W-2 yesterday. I still have to wait for some other paperwork before I can file my taxes though. 

I didn’t sleep well last night. I’m pretty stressed about work. I’m already ready for the weekend. My bff is coming into town too. Unfortunately that won’t make for a restful weekend because she doesn’t have a car here which means I’ll be driving the hour to see her each day. I’m trying to look on the bright side, which is seeing her. But it would be nice for people to drive out to me for once. 

• Jen4948 said:
    Wish I could tell you so, but unfortunately, I woke up with a headache - some physical (had a true headache this morning), some the result of my Houston sports fanship. It really took a multiple whammy this weekend and yesterday. Ugh!
    I thought about you and @holyguacamole79 when I heard the news driving home last night. Such a bummer about the Astros. 
  • Ok so 2 things came up yesterday. One is personally related, the other is a youtube drama

My BFF's dad is going for surgery today. Apparently his leg went numb and his toe went purple. Triage couldn't find a pulse, and after testing it's a blood clot causing it. So major surgery happening today. She's nervous because he's had surgery before for blood clots, and the dr said his lungs don't sound greatest. :\ I've been trying to be there for her and send her mildly amusing things to keep her spirits up.

Youtube drama
    Okay so maybe some of you have seen about this, but are any of you familiar with the youtuber NikkieTutorials? She's from the Netherlands and has been on youtube for 10+yrs
    Anyways, she posted a video shocking everyone. She's trans. Like male-to-female transgendered. I didn't get through the entire video, but apparently she went through a lot at a relatively young age {ie; ended up having bottom surgery at 19}
    She says in the video that the main reason for her posting this, is that she is being blackmailed so wanted to tell people with her own voice before someone took it from her.

I am shocked! I mean she's tall and relatively broad, but I never considered that being reason. Friend of mine is built similarly.

Anyways .... Too Faced (makeup company) and her had some issues with a palette they worked together over regarding money. So after a bit of that drama, I opted to not buy the brand anymore.
    Today it's coming out that Jarrod {CEO} sister posted something on her insta indirectly about Nikkie. There's screenshots so obv she's now changed it.

But damn folks .... damn.
  • I'm having a good Tuesday!  Other than being tired because I stayed up too late.  There's are a lot of happy people in my office today because LSU won last night.  So there is just a general "positive vibe" in the air.  Plus, my H and I are doing a mystery shop (ms) tonight at a restaurant we like.  We went there once before, not related to a shop, and had been meaning to go back.  And now it is a new client for one of my MS companies!

I also looked at the restaurant's website last night and they are having a special through March that, when you have an entrée for dine-in, you can get another take-home entrée (of equal or lesser value) for only $10.  Their average entrée prices are $15-$18, so it is a nice value.  And it's especially nice for me since our main check is going to be reimbursed back anyway.  Yaasss!  Extra leftovers for 10 bucks!

I was also just looking at the calendar and realized I'm going to be having nice chunks of money rolling in over the next few days.  Phew!  Two tenants have their rent due on the 15th.  I get paid for my p/t gig job on the 16th.  And my f/t job on the 17th.  Plus I also have two other tenants that have fallen a bit behind who will be paying on Thurs. and Fri., respectively also.  The bad news is, all my annual property taxes are due on Feb. 1st, lol.  But at least that will be the ammo to tackle them without dinging the savings account I have set up for my property expenses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am giving blood in about 20 minutes and I have yoga after work - so my day is going alright!  I discovered at my last blood donation that I am negative for ever having a certain viral infection that is generally NBD to people.  But since I've not had this infection before, my universal type blood can be used for preemie and very young babies since their immune systems can't fight off this infection easily.  So I always get all the feels when donation time comes again.  My blood was sent to Children's Hospital of Philly the time before last.  And they are having it at my office, so I just have to walk over to the Seminar room!
    My work place has a blood drive twice/year.  I LOVE it because, while I'm always happy to do my part and give blood, it's really tough for me to do normally because the places to donate are pretty much only available during my normal work hours.

I also feel a bit of an extra obligation to donate blood because I am B-, which is the second rarest.  I've even occasionally gotten phone calls from the blood bank asking me to come in and make a donation because there is a specific patient they need my blood type for.

That is extra exciting news about your blood, @OliveOilsMom!  I read an article about a Super Donor in Australia, he was literally called something like that, who had what sounds like the same thing that you have going on.  Except he learned about it as a young man decades ago and has spent his life going to the blood bank every 6-8 weeks, like clockwork.  It's estimated his donations have helped thousands of babies.  Unfortunately, the article was written because he is now in his 80s (something like that) and for his own medical health, his doctor has put the ixnay on donating blood anymore.  He was given the okay to do one last donation and a big party was thrown for him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • VarunaTT said:
    I am shocked! I mean she's tall and relatively broad, but I never considered that being reason. Friend of mine is built similarly.
    First of, it's okay to be shocked.  We don't introduce ourselves as, Hi, I'm Varuna, cisgender bisexual woman who uses she/her/hers (though I think life would be easier in some ways if we all did).

But, as a learning moment, transwomen are women and they look all sorts of different ways, just like ciswomen do.  I don't think you meant anything harmful with the comment, but other people saying that has been used to cause harm to transwomen, especially transwomen of color.  In some states (still), the "I didn't know b/c they didn't look trans" is justification for "trans panic" defense for murder.  So again, perfectly okay to be surprised...she was forced to reveal a really personal story about herself that really isn't anyone's business beyond hers.  That blackmail speaks volumes about how transpeople are treated in society still.  Beyond the surprise, it's about breaking societal expectations of gender, which we all can work on all the time.

Yeah, I saw the screenshots from the TooFaced sister.  I don't think I purchase any of their products anymore, but I think K might and I'm making sure they know as soon as they get back from HI.
    Oh no no. I definitely did not mean it that way. I meant it as I know some people questioned things about her build on other forums. I never did because a female friend is build tall and broad.

I'm honestly very impressed it never came out before now, and I'm glad she was able to build her career/empire before it came out.

I gave away my Too Faced palette to my mum, where I know it will not get used much because she is not a large makeup person so it'll likely get thrown out eventually before being used much.
  • VarunaTT said:
    First of, it's okay to be shocked.  We don't introduce ourselves as, Hi, I'm Varuna, cisgender bisexual woman who uses she/her/hers (though I think life would be easier in some ways if we all did).

But, as a learning moment, transwomen are women and they look all sorts of different ways, just like ciswomen do.  I don't think you meant anything harmful with the comment, but other people saying that has been used to cause harm to transwomen, especially transwomen of color.  In some states (still), the "I didn't know b/c they didn't look trans" is justification for "trans panic" defense for murder.  So again, perfectly okay to be surprised...she was forced to reveal a really personal story about herself that really isn't anyone's business beyond hers.  That blackmail speaks volumes about how transpeople are treated in society still.  Beyond the surprise, it's about breaking societal expectations of gender, which we all can work on all the time.

Yeah, I saw the screenshots from the TooFaced sister.  I don't think I purchase any of their products anymore, but I think K might and I'm making sure they know as soon as they get back from HI.
    Oh no no. I definitely did not mean it that way. I meant it as I know some people questioned things about her build on other forums. I never did because a female friend is build tall and broad.

I'm honestly very impressed it never came out before now, and I'm glad she was able to build her career/empire before it came out.

I gave away my Too Faced palette to my mum, where I know it will not get used much because she is not a large makeup person so it'll likely get thrown out eventually before being used much.
    I didn't know anything about this or have ever heard of the Too Faced make-up line, because I don't pay attention to either social media or make-up.

But, now that I'm hearing the story.  The irony of the double entendre "Too-Faced" business name apparently living full well up to the other, very negative meaning is not lost on me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ok so 2 things came up yesterday. One is personally related, the other is a youtube drama

My BFF's dad is going for surgery today. Apparently his leg went numb and his toe went purple. Triage couldn't find a pulse, and after testing it's a blood clot causing it. So major surgery happening today. She's nervous because he's had surgery before for blood clots, and the dr said his lungs don't sound greatest. :\ I've been trying to be there for her and send her mildly amusing things to keep her spirits up.

Youtube drama
    Okay so maybe some of you have seen about this, but are any of you familiar with the youtuber NikkieTutorials? She's from the Netherlands and has been on youtube for 10+yrs
    Anyways, she posted a video shocking everyone. She's trans. Like male-to-female transgendered. I didn't get through the entire video, but apparently she went through a lot at a relatively young age {ie; ended up having bottom surgery at 19}
    She says in the video that the main reason for her posting this, is that she is being blackmailed so wanted to tell people with her own voice before someone took it from her.

Anyways .... Too Faced (makeup company) and her had some issues with a palette they worked together over regarding money. So after a bit of that drama, I opted to not buy the brand anymore.
    Today it's coming out that Jarrod {CEO} sister posted something on her insta indirectly about Nikkie. There's screenshots so obv she's now changed it.

So I’m totally invested in the YouTube beauty community and their new scandals weekly. 

I was also surprised she came out as M to F. I though she was coming out as bisexual or that she was a lesbian and leaving her fiancé. 

I read a tweet that said like “trans people aren’t trying to hide themselves from you, they are trying to survive” and I felt so sad. 

As a AA female I have faced my fair share of issues with race and gender, but I’ve always felt comfortable being who I am without being afraid (for the most part). Hoping this helps her find her peace and she can move forward. 
    I use to watch her awhile ago when she first began - I only stopped watching because what my interests were and what she did weren't the same, but she's talented still.

I honestly thought the same! I was like "oh, maybe bi? Pan? Lesbian?"

Saw the same tweet. I died a little inside. That's awful that trans people are still feeling like that :( 

Sorry ... what does AA mean?

Youtube drama

So I’m totally invested in the YouTube beauty community and their new scandals weekly. 

I was also surprised she came out as M to F. I though she was coming out as bisexual or that she was a lesbian and leaving her fiancé. 

I read a tweet that said like “trans people aren’t trying to hide themselves from you, they are trying to survive” and I felt so sad. 

As a AA female I have faced my fair share of issues with race and gender, but I’ve always felt comfortable being who I am without being afraid (for the most part). Hoping this helps her find her peace and she can move forward. 
    I use to watch her awhile ago when she first began - I only stopped watching because what my interests were and what she did weren't the same, but she's talented still.

I honestly thought the same! I was like "oh, maybe bi? Pan? Lesbian?"

Saw the same tweet. I died a little inside. That's awful that trans people are still feeling like that :( 

Sorry ... what does AA mean?
    African American 😊
  • That's so great @OliveOilsMom <3
    Congrats @NBSquared2017!
    She's precious @charlotte989875
    SSDD.  Gloomy weather and Im pretty sure H is coming down with a man-cold
  • Jen4948 said:
    Wish I could tell you so, but unfortunately, I woke up with a headache - some physical (had a true headache this morning), some the result of my Houston sports fanship. It really took a multiple whammy this weekend and yesterday. Ugh!
    I thought about you and @holyguacamole79 when I heard the news driving home last night. Such a bummer about the Astros. 
    Thanks. It is a bummer.