Wedding Woes

WEDNESDAY

Re: WEDNESDAY

• It's been in the teens in the morning and I'm already so tired of it. Looks like the rest of the week will be warmer though. 

Going to Mexico next month for my BFF's 40th, so I'm trying to come up with ideas of special things I can do/bring. Obviously I'm limited to just my suitcase though. 
  • @levioosa if you live near an ikea, check there. I've seen what you're talking about.

@climbingwife ooh exciting! Look up bachelorette party games and might give you an idea - depending on her level of what's fun.

So tomorrow is my root canal. My dentist said they'll have an option for prescription for my jaw if it starts spasming again - that way I can just call and have them fax to my pharmacy. That's pretty much the only concern right now, but they think the spasms were related to on-coming infection/issue.

My current plan for Friday is to vacuum and clean up the main level, and hopefully clear up a bunch of toys BabyKitten doesn't play with. Maybe I'll get some upstairs stuff done, but I'm more focused on main level. Kitchen needs a serious wipe down/scrub.
  • Not too much going on today.  I'm feeling too cold and too tired, lol.  But, overall and other than that, actually in a pretty good mood.

I had my MINI Cooper towed to my mechanic last night.  Nothing "surprising".  The clutch on it went out over a month ago.  I just didn't want to spend the money to fix it, at the time it happened.  Obviously, I still don't, lol.  But there is no reason to keep waiting.

Speaking of spending money.  I still need to book my flight to Barcelona for the cruise I'm taking in May.  Do any of you have tips or websites you recommend for finding the best prices on international flights?  I like Hopper for domestic flights.  I just looked it up and apparently it will search international also, so I put the app back on my phone.  Though I wasn't too impressed with the prices I am seeing right now.  They're actually a bit higher than what I was finding at the typical online travel sites a few weeks ago.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm hoping some of you more savvy social media users can answer my Facebook question.  My FB skill level is very beginner, lol.

I currently have a FB Marketplace ad up for one of my rentals.  When people respond to it, I get an IM.  I would really like to clean those up by deleting the ones where I replied back to someone, but it's been more than 2 days and they haven't responded back.  I finally figured out how to delete an IM.  But would that delete it on their end also?  I don't necessarily want to do that.  JIC they do want to send a message back.  But it's getting really old to have to keep scrolling through a bunch of IMs that look like this:

Potential Tenant:  "Is this still available?"
    Me:  "Hi PT, yes, this home is still available.  Would you like to set up a showing or do you have any questions?"

(No response ever sent back)  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm hoping some of you more savvy social media users can answer my Facebook question.  My FB skill level is very beginner, lol.

I currently have a FB Marketplace ad up for one of my rentals.  When people respond to it, I get an IM.  I would really like to clean those up by deleting the ones where I replied back to someone, but it's been more than 2 days and they haven't responded back.  I finally figured out how to delete an IM.  But would that delete it on their end also?  I don't necessarily want to do that.  JIC they do want to send a message back.  But it's getting really old to have to keep scrolling through a bunch of IMs that look like this:

Me:  "Hi PT, yes, this home is still available.  Would you like to set up a showing or do you have any questions?"

Are they just checking and not actually interested? Weird. 
  • I think it just deletes on your end not theirs.  But that’s just a guess 

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2020
    I'm hoping some of you more savvy social media users can answer my Facebook question.  My FB skill level is very beginner, lol.

It does not delete on their end and if they ended up replying to a message you deleted on your end it would make a new message in your box but you would lose the history. If there had been some back and forth that you don't want to lose even though they've gone silent you can choose Hide Chat instead of Delete Chat. That way in won't be in your inbox but you would have the history if the person eventually replies again

edit: the only time either party would know the other deleted is if one party chooses "leave chat" then it would say "PT left this chat". Which is dumb because you should just delete, there's no reason to leave a chat message unless you're in a large group you don't want to be in

Are they just checking and not actually interested? Weird. 
    I understand why you would say that.  But it isn't unusual, it's the norm, lol.  Not just for me or for FB.  But you'll hear that from other real estate investors and the same thing happens on other sites with rental ads.  Like Zillow/Trulia/Hot Pads, etc.  Some of it is they all have a variety of "one click" buttons that a tenant can push if they are even remotely interested in something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    I'm hoping some of you more savvy social media users can answer my Facebook question.  My FB skill level is very beginner, lol.

It does not delete on their end and if they ended up replying to a message you deleted on your end it would make a new message in your box but you would lose the history. If there had been some back and forth that you don't want to lose even though they've gone silent you can choose Hide Chat instead of Delete Chat. That way in won't be in your inbox but you would have the history if the person eventually replies again

edit: the only time either party would know the other deleted is if one party chooses "leave chat" then it would say "PT left this chat". Which is dumb because you should just delete, there's no reason to leave a chat message unless you're in a large group you don't want to be in
    Thanks!  This is exactly what I was looking for.  Hide Chat sounds like the way to go then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • happy early birthday @mrsconn23
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2020
    MrsConn - Happy early birthday!  I hope you are able to separate out your mom's illness with celebrating your birthday.  You deserve to be celebrated!  Still sending prayers your mom's way.  

I have been busy with work, so probably won't be able to post Prudie tomorrow!

Yoga was really nice last night.  It seems like we will be stuck in our small law library for the majority of this session, which lasts through to April.  So that stinks, its a bit tight for our group, even when we move the giant table out of the way.  I will still stick with it though, because the firm greatly subsidizes the cost!

Not sure what is going on tonight.  I probably should do the dishes, but I may save that for tomorrow morning too.  Invites for DDs birthday went out yesterday.  So I've been thinking about her birthday outfit.  I'm also thinking of outfits for her 3rd birthday pictures, but I haven't found anything I like yet, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!  I found a cute dress with hydrangeas on it, its only $8 on Poshmark, but for some reason, I just can't pull the trigger on it.  A total FWP!
  • Also, Dave Matthews Band announced their summer tour dates today! 
  • @NBSquared2017 like this past Monday or upcoming Monday?
    Regardless, congrats!
  • NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2020
    @NBSquared2017 like this past Monday or upcoming Monday?
    Regardless, congrats!
    This past Monday! 1/20/2020. The best day 😊
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2020
    Happy early birthday @mrsconn23 congrats @NBSquared2017
    SSDD.  Cold is gone.  It's warming up tomorrow here too which will feel nice.

Edit - originally congratulated S+S instead of NBS. I guess it's been a long day  :p
  • Not too much going on today.  I'm feeling too cold and too tired, lol.  But, overall and other than that, actually in a pretty good mood.

I had my MINI Cooper towed to my mechanic last night.  Nothing "surprising".  The clutch on it went out over a month ago.  I just didn't want to spend the money to fix it, at the time it happened.  Obviously, I still don't, lol.  But there is no reason to keep waiting.

Speaking of spending money.  I still need to book my flight to Barcelona for the cruise I'm taking in May.  Do any of you have tips or websites you recommend for finding the best prices on international flights?  I like Hopper for domestic flights.  I just looked it up and apparently it will search international also, so I put the app back on my phone.  Though I wasn't too impressed with the prices I am seeing right now.  They're actually a bit higher than what I was finding at the typical online travel sites a few weeks ago.  
    Try Scott's cheap flights if you have time. You sign up and give your local airport, and they email you current international deals from a variety of sources. I've seen Madrid for $400 within the last month. They're generally specific deals for specific dates, but after winning the cruise, you might just get lucky.

Google flights is my go-to, though. 
  • Happy Birthday, @mrsconn23! Hope your mom gets to come home. Congratulations on being a new homeowner, @NBSquared2017.