Wedding Woes

Thursday - aka Friday eve

I’m back from Vegas and reality yet again, sucks.

plus I think we’re getting snow the next three days.  I have laundry and vegging out to catch up on.  

Re: Thursday - aka Friday eve

• So ready for the weekend! Short weeks always throw me off. 

I’m interviewing a prospective student from my masters degree college tonight then trying to pack for the weekend. H is finishing the floors so I’m heading to a (fancy) hotel until Monday or Tuesday. I’m excited, this hotel used to be a psychiatric institution that was abandoned for years and now it’s a awesome hotel/resort. We’ve been to dinner there but I’ve never stayed so my plan is to read, relax, and nap all weekend. 

Here’s the link if anyone is interested https://www.hotelhenry.com/ 
  • that hotel looks awesome!  Enjoy! And an old psych ward.....I’m debating if I should tell you there’s a good chance this place is haunted.....

• @CharmedPam, I’m happy to take this nuisance snow and relative balmy temperatures.  I think that Halloween blizzard really soured me this winter in terms of enjoying/appreciating a good snow.  Since I work in a school setting, I absolutely value the fact that we are ending January and have yet to take one snow day!  I can’t remember the last time we actually ended our school year on the original date!

I’m hoping for a quiet weekend, actually.  Last week I had a 4 day weekend and spent the majority of it either helping with sick “littles” as both grands had strep, or fighting back bugs myself.  I turned another year older as well, and my body seems to enjoy reminding me that I cannot seem to age gracefully LOL
  • that hotel looks awesome!  Enjoy! And an old psych ward.....I’m debating if I should tell you there’s a good chance this place is haunted.....

Oh I know! I have a few (naughty) friends that broke in to some of the buildings years ago before they were renovated and said it was pretty creepy. I don’t really believe in all that. But now that I say that something is going to happen to me, right? 
  • @CharmedPam, at least you got away from winter for a few days in Las Vegas.  I assume it was warmer there than in IL, especially during the day.

@charlotte989875, enjoy the staycation!  That hotel does look really nice.

I have not been sleeping well for going on two weeks now.  I hope I can finally catch up this weekend and get back to normal.  I have a lot of loose ends over a variety of things that I really need to get tied up.  They are stagnating on the "to do" list in my brain, lol.  Which means I've thought about them WAY too often and they've become more "thought work", then they're worth to just finish them and stop thinking about them.  KWIM, lol?

One of them is to start planning for my cruise with priority item #1 being to book my flight.  Should get that taken care of today.  I've already discovered that I do not need a travel visa to fly into/out of Spain.  Just a passport.  So yay on that.  But add "double checking" my passport and make sure it doesn't expire any time this year (pretty sure it does not).

Talk to my cell phone carrier.  I want my phone/plan to work in Europe and on the cruise.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Prudie coming up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @charlotte989875 That sounds like the most fabulous way to spend a weekend! I'll have to ask H's cousins (he has two that live in Buffalo) if they've ever been to that hotel before. It looks very cool.

Also ready for it to be the weekend. Barring any last minute news from my ultrasound tomorrow, it will be H and I's last weekend living that kid-free life. We're planning on going out to dinner tomorrow night, breakfast out Saturday morning and then running some errands afterwards. Sunday will be all about that nap life and soaking up every ounce of dog snuggles. Oh and I have to throw packing my hospital bag in there somewhere because I still haven't done that. 
    Have a great weekend! How are you feeling? Are you nervous at all? 
  • Charlotte - That place looks so nice!  Enjoy!  Looks like they have a yoga class on Sunday morning - I would love that!

Cupcait - Enjoy this weekend, as life will really be changing for you so soon!

MobKaz - Sounds like you had a birthday?  I hope you had a great day!

Not much going on here.  Just work and more work!  I ordered some dresses for DD on Amazon.  One of the dresses, I saw the exact thing on Poshmark, except it was $10 more!  Plus free shipping!  The other one I got for her pictures - I hope it looks nice and fits.  DD has also started liking me putting a small pony tail back in her hair!  I hope this keeps up!  I've been keeping her hair shorter because she refused pony tails in the summer, but if I can do pony tails I can grow it out again!
  • @charlotte989875 That sounds like the most fabulous way to spend a weekend! I'll have to ask H's cousins (he has two that live in Buffalo) if they've ever been to that hotel before. It looks very cool.

Also ready for it to be the weekend. Barring any last minute news from my ultrasound tomorrow, it will be H and I's last weekend living that kid-free life. We're planning on going out to dinner tomorrow night, breakfast out Saturday morning and then running some errands afterwards. Sunday will be all about that nap life and soaking up every ounce of dog snuggles. Oh and I have to throw packing my hospital bag in there somewhere because I still haven't done that. 
    Have a great weekend! How are you feeling? Are you nervous at all? 
    I'm just generally uncomfortable and not sleeping great. But other than that, physically I'm good. I'm incredibly nervous for the c-section. I've never had any type of major surgery before and I'm freaking out a little. Plus I'm not looking forward to the recovery. Even though I'm 99% sure she hasn't, I'm hoping tomorrow at my ultrasound they tell me she's flipped head down and I can be induced instead. But that's incredibly wishful thinking. 
  • Good luck @cupcait927!  I've never had a C section but I've had the expectation vs. reality dose w/ parenthood and am happy to respond to any PM if you want. 

I am trying to stay ahead of things today at work and then get ready to ease into the weekend.

Saturday Chiquito is going to the birthday party for a boy in his class who has cancer.   He loves this kid and I don't know the parents well enough and all they asked is that we make a donation to a charity that has helped them.   I am feeling thankful at the moment. 

Enjoy the last weekend!!  
  • Enjoy the hotel @charlotte989875 and this weekend @cupcait927! Good luck with the to-do list @short+sassy

SSDD here 
  • Charlotte - That place looks so nice!  Enjoy!  Looks like they have a yoga class on Sunday morning - I would love that!

Cupcait - Enjoy this weekend, as life will really be changing for you so soon!

MobKaz - Sounds like you had a birthday?  I hope you had a great day!

Not much going on here.  Just work and more work!  I ordered some dresses for DD on Amazon.  One of the dresses, I saw the exact thing on Poshmark, except it was $10 more!  Plus free shipping!  The other one I got for her pictures - I hope it looks nice and fits.  DD has also started liking me putting a small pony tail back in her hair!  I hope this keeps up!  I've been keeping her hair shorter because she refused pony tails in the summer, but if I can do pony tails I can grow it out again!
    I’m excited to check out yoga on Sunday!! 
  • @NBSquared2017 How exciting! As far as thanking the neighbors - no gift necessary. Just a thank you in person.
  • Busy day for us. We found out we’re having a baby girl❤️

Our new fridge arrived today! I’m so excited 😆 it has French doors and a knocking feature so I can knock on the refrigerator door and see inside without opening. 

I have an etiquette question: my neighbors dropped off a bottle of wine in our mailbox. I think we should go over and thank them in person and DH wants to get them a gift too. 

I think that’s unnecessary and an in-person thank you is enough. 

Thoughts? 
    That is amazing. There have been so many times when I have opened the fridge, stared into it and thought, Dammit - nothing’s changed. 

• Congrats on the baby Girl NB!!!!  

I would also only thank in person!
  • Busy day for us. We found out we’re having a baby girl❤️

Our new fridge arrived today! I’m so excited 😆 it has French doors and a knocking feature so I can knock on the refrigerator door and see inside without opening. 

I have an etiquette question: my neighbors dropped off a bottle of wine in our mailbox. I think we should go over and thank them in person and DH wants to get them a gift too. 

I think that’s unnecessary and an in-person thank you is enough. 

Thoughts? 
    Congrats!  Yay baby girl (on the way)!  And yay new house!

I'm enamored with all the neat features fridges have nowadays.  Though, @CharmedPam, I'm sorry to break the news that knocking on the fridge door only lets you see inside.  It doesn't rearrange the items for a different POV or, even better, add new things.  I'm still waiting for those features, lol.

I think it would be odd to give them a gift in return.  An in-person thank you would be perfect.  If you all are so inclined, invite them over for a glass and get to know them better!  Though I don't think that is necessary or expected either.  And it could also be an invite you all offer later on.  I assume you're probably not ready to receive even casual guests yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations @NBSquared2017. I agree with others on the bottle of wine. Either an in person thank you or a written note. I also like the idea of inviting them over at some time for a glass of wine.