Connecticut

Married & Reviews!

We got married yesterday and besides the rain, literally not one thing went wrong that I know of. It was seriously perfect and I didn't even care that it was pouring. I have a little down time right now to give some reviews before we leave on our HM to St. Lucia in the morning.

Venue: St. Clement's Castle - A+

I was a little worried because I have heard mixed reviews about the food in the past, but everything was absolutely delicious and they catered to our every need. It was pouring rain when we showed up, but our wedding coordinater Pam and her staff did an amazing job to keep everyone dry. Our bridal party had our own private servers waiting on us all night long with food, drinks, and any other requests we wanted. We literally felt like royalty. The waitstaff for my guests also did a fantastic job brining out 150 people's food all at once and making sure everyone was taken care of. They were extremely professional and formal and I couldn't have been more impressed. From the appetizers, to the four course meal, everything tasted amazing.

Videography: RI Video Pro - A+

Though I haven't seen my footage yet, I have to give Dave an A+ for doing our videography. He has great prices and even though he was just one man, it seemed like he was everywhere and always capturing key moments. I literally don't think he missed one thing, which is pretty amazing with how big of a reception we had.

Photography: Matthew J. Wagner Fine Photography - A-

Matthew and his wife are very fun people and we've had nothing but a positive experience with them throughout this year and a half of wedidng planning. I don't have the photos yet but I know his work in the past was absolutely amazing. He even set up a little computer at the bar during the reception to show our guests some sneak peaks from the wedding day. Since it was pouring out, we couldn't get all of the pictures we wanted at St. Clement's in the garden, but Matt and his wife were very accomodating and amazing to find us other areas to take pictures that I would never have thought of. He is a little pricey compared to others but I think it is worth it. The only regret I have, and why I gave the A-,  is that some key moments (like me pinning the boutonniere on my dad, getting ready photos, etc) were not captured. It could have been because I did not specifically request them, but just figured it would be done.

DJ: Take 2 Karaoke - A+++

I seriously cannot rave enough about Gary and Laurie who are the DJs at Take 2. They were absolutely amazing and all throughout the night, so many of my guests came up to me saying how our wedding was the best one they have been to and the DJs were so much fun. Gary is very engaging with the guests and even handed out glow sticks/necklaces and created a light show on the dance floor. I've never been to a wedding where the dance floor was full the whole night and all guests were up dancing, but thanks to Gary and Laurie, our wedding was just that. Even throughout the planning process for the past year, they were always so kind, helpful, and available to answer any questions we had. I would recommend them a thousand times over to anyone looking for a great DJ.

Florist: Candi's Floral Creations - A

Our flowers were gorgeous and everything I had pictured ahead of time. I was floored when I walked into the reception and saw the flower arrangements on all the tables. I had very high expectations for these centerpieces and they were certainly met. We were getting compliments all night about the flowers.

Transportation: Black Swan Limousine - A-

We had gotten 2 stretch limos for the bridal party and one antique Rolls Royce for my husband and I. The drivers and the ride was very pleasant and they did a great job keeping us dry as we loaded into the cars and the church then reception. They had bottles of champagne for everyone and our Rolls driver even took charge and coordinated with Pam at St. Clement's so that we were able to take some dry pictures with the car. The only downside and reason I gave them an A- was because we were blindsided with a $71 fuel charge the day of that had to be paid in cash. We didn't know about this fee ahead of time and thought that the contract we signed and paid for was all inclusive.

Attire: Mariella's Creations & Zaccariellos Tux in Wallingford, CT - A

We used Mariella's Creations for my dress, my mother's dress, and the BMs and we used Zaccariellos for all of the tuxes. I was really impressed with both and extremely happy we used them for our attire. My mother had a little mishap with the dress she ordered from another store and she went to Mariella's only a month before the wedding to find a new one. They were fantastic at finding her a gorgeous dress in time and really accommodating.

Bakery: J Cakes - A

The cake looked gorgeous and tasted delicious. The only thing was that I thought my slice tasted a little dry, but no one else had any complaints. They were great to work with leading up to the wedding as well.

I don't think I'm forgetting anything right now but I'm going to go to bed early since we have to be up at 3 am for our flight to St. Lucia!

"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."

Re: Married & Reviews!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards