Wedding Woes

Fri-Yay!

It's finally Friday.  Thank goodness.  I need a break.

K is leaving town straight from work and then will come back and go straight to work, so I won't see them until tomorrow evening.  Part of me wants to movie it up, but I also have a lot of great TV I need to catch up on.  I'm feeling particularly lazy, so I might just catch on the TV in my PJs.  Otherwise, it's supposed to be sunny this weekend and I'm over the sun about it.  I think I'll go to the park to read on Sunday while K is at work.  No other big plans.

What's on the schedule for y'all?

Re: Fri-Yay!

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2020
    @VarunaTT, if you plan to use your movie pas this weekend, you can skip “the rhythm section”.  I mean - it’s free so money lost, but your time is gone. 

Tonight I have a ghost walk in a bar that is not so close to me.  I know of someone in my circle who is going so I wont be alone but the drive out there is making me second guess this - as fun as it sounds...

tomorrow I have an appointment for my hair extensions!  One of my friends got them and they look fab.  Having the sleeve surgery is known for thinning out one’s hair and I’m finally doing something about it.  So excited to get this done. 

Sunday I’m having a few people over for superbowl. Chili dogs and wings are the main course.  There’s only going to be 3 (maybe 4) of us.  I am gone the next four days after this so I have to cook all my meal box meals this weekend and freeze them.  Why did I order a meal box this week? 

• I just watched the series finale of The Good Place and the after-show.  I am all in my feelings.  It ended beautifully and the cast seems to be super bonded.  I can't wait until the last season is on Netflix so I can watch it again from the beginning.  ;)

Tonight is shopping.  Tomorrow, I work (bleh) and DH is going to deep clean the house to get ready for FIL's party in a couple weeks.  We have my work party and monster jam next weekend, so our time is limited as far as getting things done.  We're going to mom and dad's tomorrow for dinner and so DefConn can see mom.  Sunday is more house stuff and making all the snacks for the big game.  
  • We are finally getting our last piece of furniture delivered tomorrow. 

We are having a get together for Super Bowl Sunday

Current menu: 
    • Nachos
    • Buffalo Chicken Dip
    • Chicken Wings 
    • Homemade french onion dip 
    • Slow cooker  meatballs 
    • Beanie weenies
    Still working out the details for dessert - I will probably get brownies as I am a horrible baker. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2020
    @NBSquared2017, thanks for your list!  I just switched out my taco chips and 7 layer dip to nachos too.  Since I already have the chili for the chili dogs. 

• Our last training for work is this morning  and I'm not sure what I'm doing this afternoon.  Probably finding some fun shopping since it's raining here.

Tomorrow I fly home and arrive late afternoon.  Then it's chill at home with the hubs.  Sunday is supposed to be in the 40s and sunny.  Church in the morning and then making taco soup for Super Bowl as is our tradition.

Monday is back to the home office to train the locals for the week.  Next Sunday I fly out for work to Arizona.  My mom and a friend are coming along as I train 3 days and have 2 days to do fun stuff.  
  • @NBSquared2017, thanks for your list!  I just switched out my taco chips and 7 layer dip to nachos too.  Since I already have the chili for the chili dogs. 
    I found a recipe for sheet pan nachos where refried beans are mixed in with the beef. It was a game-changer for me! Sometimes ground beef can be overcooked in nachos and with the beans added the texture is amazing! 
  • Chiquita is home today after her display in the gym yesterday but she's feeling FINE. 

MIL comes over so I can run out and get decorations and a cake for tomorrow to bring to the pub.    

Tonight DH goes to another 40th birthday party for his cousin (they're 12 hours apart) and I'm going to lay low w/ the kids.  My hope is an early bedtime for them, some Ben & Jerry's for me and maybe I'll watch Veep or Barry.   

Three people backed out of DH's party tomorrow (2 for flu) and now I think I'm going to have a shitton of food.   Oh well - we can take it home.   I'd rather a lot of food and all of us healthy than cancelling the party and just feeding the wait staff.  

Sunday we have no plans.   I think I know what we'll be eating for the Superbowl though - and I'm pretty pumped to see what the halftime show looks like.  
  • Happy birthday @MyNameIsNot

We have our work holiday party tonight - always this time of year since the holidays are nuts. 

Tomorrow we're going to visit my cousin and their new son. He was born right after Thanksgiving. 

Sunday we might stop by my friend's for a Superbowl party. However, I typically like to watch the game at home in peace and quiet, so I'm on the fence. 
  • I’m going to make chicken nachos and try to recreate the chicken nachos from Yard House. I’m making my guacamole from scratch though. 

TGIF. I’ve been alone at work (in my position/capacity) all week and I’m beat. I think I’ve put in a total of 9 hours of overtime. Yesterday I had to call the police to the clinic. I’m ready for the weekend. 

Fingers crossed @MyNameIsNot!

• Happy Birthday @MyNameIsNot! A new house would be a pretty great 40th birthday present. So glad you found one your H is excited about. My H is the same way; he just doesn’t get excited about things but when he was the backyard & creek at our place he was happy. 

@banana468! Really hope everything goes well tomorrow!! 

Not much planned here. Were having dinner with my parents and sister+family tonight for my Dads birthday. I’m exhausted otherwise I would bail but they’re coming out to our town so I’m trying to get excited. Other than that all I plan to do is sleep this weekend. 
  • Also, for those watching the CT news, Fotis Dulos was pronounced dead last night.   The story is that his family flew in from Greece to harvest his organs and a drone captured paramedics doing CPR for 10 minutes.   

Now time will tell what happens.   There's a GF and his civil attorney who were both arrested for murder in this case.   I hope we find out what happens and that the kids get closure.  

Also, his defense attorney also defended Alex Jones against the Newtown families.   I know we need good defense attorneys out there but I'm throwing up in my mouth. 
  • @VarunaTT Is it nice out there for you to read outside? I'm jealous

@mrsconn23 I've seen season 1 and then dropped it. I'm anxious for final season to get on netflix so I can rewatch everything :) 

@MyNameIsNot Happy early bday! I bet you barely look a day over 30 ;)

I'm in a mood today.

Confirmed all 4 cuspids have broken gums but that's about it. BabyKitten was a miserable mouse last night. Went to bed fine, but woke up just SCREAMING at 1130 and couldn't get back down. Eventually it was enough time had passed I could give her another dose of motrin {she was biting and growing on her crib and kept saying "ow"} The way she's been this week, I honestly was not even considering it could be a ploy just to be awake. Stage 5 clinger at midnight is not fun. Detach so she could see M and I could pee/get a bottle, she'd just sob. I would have swapped and just had M get the bottle but .... I had to pee. I walked over and just passed her off and ran t.f away. It worked.

She eventually calmed and went to bed, but this morning we were all exhausted.

Today would have been my dad's 60th bday and I'm just .... I'm ready for spring. Renewal. Outside. Breathing. No more winter.

I also found out today I did not pass my exam 2 weeks ago. Cleared to retake in June. Anticipating my work will not pay for it, so I've got money aside for it.

Is it spring yet? {45 days until mid-March at least, so close}

BabyKitten is at inlaws place so they send cheerful things and that's helping. She's dancing up a storm today
  • Fingers crossed @MyNameIsNot is this the fixer or another? I hope you get a new house as a birthday present Sunday!
  • kvruns said:
    Fingers crossed @MyNameIsNot is this the fixer or another? I hope you get a new house as a birthday present Sunday!
    It's the other. I really didn't think I was going to like it from the photos, but I was surprised. It's totally turn key, we wouldn't have to do a thing. 
  • levioosa said:
    I’m going to make chicken nachos and try to recreate the chicken nachos from Yard House. I’m making my guacamole from scratch though. 

TGIF. I’ve been alone at work (in my position/capacity) all week and I’m beat. I think I’ve put in a total of 9 hours of overtime. Yesterday I had to call the police to the clinic. I’m ready for the weekend. 

Fingers crossed @MyNameIsNot!
    I feel like there's an interesting story here. What happened?
  • @kerbohl that book you mentioned sounds really interesting. I need to remember to look for it 
  • Y'all I am just so sad. Our neighbors (who we have known for 20 years, kids grew up together) called this afternoon. Their daughter, same age as DD, lost her baby in the eighth month. She and her husband have been married eight years - don't know if they had been trying for a while or not. Our neighbors have been so excited to be grandparents and of course the daughter and SIL were over the moon. I attended a baby shower in December for them. I don't know the details but am just so sad. I think about my friend who lost a grandson and her daughter is going through such an horrific thing. I can't imagine how they are handling all of this. I know how I was when DD almost died during delivery.  I am so grateful for my family right now. Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers if that is what you do. 
  • @ILoveBeachMusic, that is so terribly sad.  😢 

• @ILoveBeachMusic, I am so sorry for all of you.  That is truly gut wrenching and heart breaking on many levels of life.  I pray they are all close in proximity so they can grieve together and support each other.  I will say prayers for you all <3
  • MobKaz said:
    @ILoveBeachMusic, I am so sorry for all of you.  That is truly gut wrenching and heart breaking on many levels of life.  I pray they are all close in proximity so they can grieve together and support each other.  I will say prayers for you all <3
    Thank you. The grandparents to be live across the street from us. Their daughter, DD's friend, is in New England. Her parents are out there now, of course, I will be there as long as she needs them. Her husband's family is also in Indiana. We will of course be here if and when they need us. Right now we are praying.
  • MobKaz said:
    @ILoveBeachMusic, I am so sorry for all of you.  That is truly gut wrenching and heart breaking on many levels of life.  I pray they are all close in proximity so they can grieve together and support each other.  I will say prayers for you all <3
    Thank you. The grandparents to be live across the street from us. Their daughter, DD's friend, is in New England. Her parents are out there now, of course, I will be there as long as she needs them. Her husband's family is also in Indiana. We will of course be here if and when they need us. Right now we are praying.
    My heart goes out to them.   What a heart wrenching loss.   I hope they have a community of friends and / or within their faith if that's something they practice.   BIL and SIL found some solace when they talked to mutual friends - especially those in their faith who sadly experienced some of the same. 
  • What a terrible loss @ILoveBeachMusic. Thinking of you and your friends. 
  • I’m so sorry @ILoveBeachMusic. Thinking of you all and sending hugs. 

• @ILoveBeachMusic that is so heartbreaking. Keeping you all in my heart. ((Hugs))
  • @ILoveBeachMusic I'm so sorry to hear :( thinking of everyone
  • oh no what terrible news @ilovebeachmusic my heart goes out to them 
  • ((hugs)) for your friends @ILoveBeachMusic That's so sad.