Wedding Woes

No Wednesday?

Everyone too tired from the SOTU today? 

Full disclosure I was in bed before it even started. 

Re: No Wednesday?

• I'm here and struggling to stay awake.  We had dinner with friends last night and got home before the SOTU was finished.  I have back to back training today and an online seminar over lunch.  My lunch was delish but too carb heavy for sitting in class all afternoon - yawn!
  • I didn't sleep well so I'm sluggish - I was so excited that my dog was home that I kept waking up every time she moved or coughed to make sure she was all right.  And I had to drop my parents off before work today.  Meh, just one of those days.  It's going good, I'm just sleepy.

• I'll be honest: I watched Arrested Development on Netflix instead. 

I had no desire to watch it and from what I read, I didn't miss anything and my dinner stayed down. 

By Sunday we'll celebrate DH for the 3rd time and my mom as well (her BD is tomorrow).   Then we are DONE hosting for at least a month.  

So now we need to figure out what to cook to celebrate that's good for Sunday dinner that's also not going to make us pull our hair out.  
  • I saw the clip of Nancy Pelosi ripping the papers. Iconic woman :)

Been making a list of things we {M, BabyKitten and myself} need for spring/summer since my mum and I go shopping in April

We've decided to do rainboots, umbrella and a little toy {likely Little People} for Easter :) 
  • That is a late start on the chat!  Although this is my usual check in time ;)

@NBSquared2017 how beautiful!!

A traveling petting zoo came to work today...a ferret squeaked its way through the students encircling it, and a tarantula was 4" from my face while the zookeeper walked around with it, and I didn't lose my sh*t once, so I feel I had a brave day. 
  • I love it! @NBSquared2017

I had zero desire to hear the Cheeto windbag speak. I didn’t think it would be great for my blood pressure. Instead I went to the gym. 

SSDD here. They brought in pizza for lunch and I couldn’t resist having some. Ugh. It was so good, too. 

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2020
    I had a lot of Internet weirdness going on today at work.  I was getting error messages about this site and another one I regularly go to as not being "secure".  It wouldn't allow me to "override" the message and go to the other site.  It did allow me to override the message and come to TK.  But I was not automatically logged in.  I put in my login info, that I know is correct, and then got an error message from TK.  Not that my p/w was bad or anything but something like I needed to "try again later".  I've tried here or there, but kept getting that same message.

Then, at lunch, I tried accessing the other site from an e-mailed link to an article on it.  And I went to that site just fine.  When I came to TK to check again if I could login...I went right to this forum like I usually do.  Without the "warning" from my work network that I previously had to override.

Other than that, SSDD.  My one highlight is Harrah's is giving out Swavorski crystal gifts on Wednesdays this month.  Today is earrings and next week is a matching necklace.  So I am picking up those earrings after work.

Edited to add: @NBSquared2017, that is a beautiful picture!  You all have had so many great things happening in your life right now :).  New house, baby-on-the-way!  Plus I remember it was within the last year (two years?) that your H finished his residency.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a lot of Internet weirdness going on today at work.  I was getting error messages about this site and another one I regularly go to as not being "secure".  It wouldn't allow me to "override" the message and go to the other site.  It did allow me to override the message and come to TK.  But I was not automatically logged in.  I put in my login info, that I know is correct, and then got an error message from TK.  Not that my p/w was bad or anything but something like I needed to "try again later".  I've tried here or there, but kept getting that same message.

Then, at lunch, I tried accessing the other site from an e-mailed link to an article on it.  And I went to that site just fine.  When I came to TK to check again if I could login...I went right to this forum like I usually do.  Without the "warning" from my work network that I previously had to override.

Other than that, SSDD.  My one highlight is Harrah's is giving out Swavorski crystal gifts on Wednesdays this month.  Today is earrings and next week is a matching necklace.  So I am picking up those earrings after work.

Edited to add: @NBSquared2017, that is a beautiful picture!  You all have had so many great things happening in your life right now :).  New house, baby-on-the-way!  Plus I remember it was within the last year (two years?) that your H finished his residency.  
    Yes! This is his second year in practice! Life has changed so much and we’re so grateful for everything we have been through!
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2020
    @NBSquared2017 you are both gorgeous!  That kid is going to be blessed in so many ways!  Congrats and cute announcement photo.

ETA:  there was no way I was watching the SOTU.