Wedding Woes

Finally FRIDAY

What's up for the weekend? 

Re: Finally FRIDAY

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2020
    DH was feeling pretty puny last night and was pretty restless and uncomfortable overnight.  He got in early at the doctor and thankfully, it's just a sinus infection.  He's so much better about going to the doctor when he feels it coming on vs. me who will wait it out to see if I get 'better'.  Heh. 

As long as he feels up to it tomorrow, we're going to stop in at a surprise bday party for a guy that DH grew up with (they lived across the street from my IL's and this family did all the food for MIL's funeral) and then my work party.  My shipping updated and now all the dresses should be in today.  We'll see, but fingers crossed. 

Sunday is MONSTER JAM!  Wahoo.  We've got pit passes and excellent seats (for dir cheap through the Scouts).  Our pack is sitting together.  We went a few years ago and it was super fun.  I can't wait to go again. 

It's cold AF, but sunny!  I have been up on and off since 3am because I woke up with a headache and then DH's snoring was out of control, but I didn't bother him since he felt so shitty.  I actually don't feel too bad today, however I'm sure I'll be tired AF tonight. 
  • I don’t know what monster jam is but have fun @mrsconn23!!

H is going to camp so I’m planning to read, knit, and nap. We’re supposed to get some epic snow all weekend so at least the dog will be very happy to run around outside. 

If the weather is fine I need to head out and buy new bras. Mine definitely don’t fit anymore and they’re getting uncomfortable. 
  • Tonight - no plans. I'm exhausted so I'm getting right into bed. 

Saturday - celebrating my friend's 40th birthday. We're taking a class at the gym and then out to brunch. 

Sunday: no plans 
  • It's supposed to still be cold here, so I think I'll be doing movies.  K is out of town at a derby workshop being run by one of their heroes, so they're on cloud 9.  I have a friend coming over tonight to borrow my laptop for his classes.  I can't even remember the last time I used it and I've been running updates all last night to get it ready.  Oops.

They did reviews at work yesterday, but since they can't plan anything in advance, I didn't get mine b/c I had to do the actual job they pay me for.  So I have it today.  IDK if I'll get good news or not, I've had some attendance/attitude issues.

Otherwise, SSDD.

It's a Monster Truck...competition.  They race and then do tricks for points and whatnot.  They tour around the country. They fill a stadium with dirt and obstacles.  It's loud and fun.  It's DefConn's heaven.  ;) 
  • DH really wanted to take baby B to Monster Jam but I was like nope way too loud for him. He's sensitive to loud sounds and pyrotechnic stuff (not sure if they have that) and while i know he'd like to see the trucks it would be too overwhelming for him even with headphones. Maybe when he's older as I'm sure he'd like it.
  • It's snowing! I mean, there's snow blowing around, but it's not sticking and not expected to. We haven't had any at all this year, so I'm enjoying watching it out my window. 

We're celebrating DH's birthday this weekend. Tonight it's dinner with his family; getting Peruvian (yum!). Tomorrow we're going to Alabama for a soccer game. Then Sunday is packing and getting ready for the beach. I'm beyond ready for a week away. 

And in the amount of time it took to write this, the snow has quit. I guess that was our snow for the year. The puppy didn't even have time to get to see it. :/
  • kvruns said:
    DH really wanted to take baby B to Monster Jam but I was like nope way too loud for him. He's sensitive to loud sounds and pyrotechnic stuff (not sure if they have that) and while i know he'd like to see the trucks it would be too overwhelming for him even with headphones. Maybe when he's older as I'm sure he'd like it.
    We took DefConn for the first time when he was 6. It was the perfect age for it.  I don't think we'd even consider it for a kid under 5.  
  • We're headed to see DS1 and DIL this morning. We will get there mid-afternoon. I'm excited to see their new house and how DS1 is doing with the kitchen reno. H wants to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame while DIL is at a baby shower on Sunday. I guess I'll go along but really have no interest in doing that. Hopefully we will also shop for their wedding present from us. We told them we'd buy them a couch but they wanted to wait until they owned a place and weren't moving from rentals (they've been married two years). Other than that not much else going on here.

H is going to camp so I’m planning to read, knit, and nap. We’re supposed to get some epic snow all weekend so at least the dog will be very happy to run around outside. 

If the weather is fine I need to head out and buy new bras. Mine definitely don’t fit anymore and they’re getting uncomfortable. 
    So is mine!  I'm going to clean and buy cheese whiz for the first time in ... I don't know, 8 years?  Apparently my dog will take her pills if they are in cheese whiz.  We've tried everything else.  So help me, if she starts associating cheese whiz with medication and then stops halfway through the bottle!  I don't know what I'll do with the rest of it then.

• kvruns said:
    DH really wanted to take baby B to Monster Jam but I was like nope way too loud for him. He's sensitive to loud sounds and pyrotechnic stuff (not sure if they have that) and while i know he'd like to see the trucks it would be too overwhelming for him even with headphones. Maybe when he's older as I'm sure he'd like it.
    My sister took my niece when she was about 18 months. They sell these headphones for babies/toddlers to dampen the noise. We see a lot of little kids wearing them when we're at the stadium for sports. But, they have to tolerate wearing something on their heads, which not every kid is down with. 
  • @ILoveBeachMusic have fun! Can DS1 go to the Rock n Roll HOF with DH so you don't have to? 
  • kvruns said:
    My sister took my niece when she was about 18 months. They sell these headphones for babies/toddlers to dampen the noise. We see a lot of little kids wearing them when we're at the stadium for sports. But, they have to tolerate wearing something on their heads, which not every kid is down with. 
    yea I have some of those I bought in case we did something like this. I think he would wear them but I just know it would be too overwhelming for him
  • @kvruns, thanks for starting the Fri. thread early.  I am absolutely LIVID right now and need somewhere to vent, lol.

Long story short, there is a new project with a new client...but that is kind of "in tandem" with the client I work for and those projects.  My company is bringing on more employees.  The current and new client are bringing in employees to work out of our offices.  So there is a big move going on this weekend as mass amounts of people are being shuffled to new areas.

According to the "layout" that went out last Fri., I was not moving.  Now, mind you, people who were moving were told 1-2 weeks ahead of that layout anyway.

I was told at the end of the day yesterday by the Big Boss...for the very first time...that I'd eventually be moving.  However, he didn't know when.  I told him I was in the same place from the layout.  He laughed and asked if anyone had brought me boxes.  I told him, "No."  He said then it must be happening later.

A new layout went out this morning.  On this one, I am moved.  I went to my "new" spot and apparently have a name tag there.  I mean, I know there is a lot going on.  I double-checked and apparently I am moving.  But, really?!?!  No one BOTHERED to tell me I am being moved this afternoon.  I have to figure it out from a f**king layout and then go "ask around".  Plus, Fridays are my half-day and my busiest day.  My only saving grace is there is no one else moving into my current office yet.  So, while I need to get the tops of my tables and top of my desk cleared off.  I guess the rest of it can and will have to wait until next week.

I've always felt like I'm more easygoing and understanding than the average person.  It takes a lot to make me mad.  And obviously I know I need to control myself at work.  But, right now omg, I'm using most of my self control to not start screaming at people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tonight - laundry, begin tidying.
    Saturday - BabyKitten swim, cleaning and I'm going to dinner with 2 of my bff's :) It's gonna be cold a.f, but we're hoping M and BabyKitten can stick around in the car until they show up so one of my bff's {and BabyKitten's guardian if something happens to M & I - godmother basically} can see her. We're hoping once it's nice out we can plan a day with them outside and include her kids.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8CzQPwFNsR/
    Fyi the back in the little purple and white swim top is BabyKitten with M :)

Sunday after her nap, we're going to see one of M's coworkers and her spouse. He's into hunting/fire arms/etc but has no one to go with, so M offered to go to the range. They have 2 kids {2 and almost 4} so I'll be inside with them.

Not gonna lie, I'm nervous a.f because I really don't like meeting new people - especially when the mutual known person isn't there.
    M said he won't be outside long - because weather - but still :\ 
  • @short+sassy That's crazy!  So short notice - I hope no other surprises come up for you!

• Also, I just bought tickets to a musical festival in Boston, as one of my favorite bands is headlining. I've been dying to see them since the 90s, so I'm excited! 
  • Also, I just bought tickets to a musical festival in Boston, as one of my favorite bands is headlining. I've been dying to see them since the 90s, so I'm excited! 
    Google doesn't help. What band?
  • Rage Against The Machine. They're playing the Boston Calling music festival in May. 
  • Rage Against The Machine. They're playing the Boston Calling music festival in May. 
    All I can hear in my head now is the guitar riff from Bulls on Parade.  Have fun! 
    I got to see them once in college. It was so much fun! 

And now I want to come to Boston and relive my youth. 
  • I'm just so glad they're actually playing on the east coast! I was almost going to fly to Phoenix to see them. The teenager is me is going to freak the fuck out when they take the stage. 
  • S+S - The only time I ever almost cried at work was when we were moving around!  I feel your pain!  I had to move from my officle to a temporary cube, until my final move to our current building.  So I packed up and picked a cube, settled in there.  A few days later I was told I had to move to a different cube because they needed to dismantle it.  I was pissed!  How could not one know that the cube I picked needed to be dismantled sooner????  We literally had someone coordinating this entire project! I said I wasn't moving.  In my life at the time: we were living out of boxes at my old house waiting to close on new house, they just changed my roommate in the new office to someone I hated, I was living out of boxes in my office, I was TTC prior to medical assistance and I was overwhelmed and I had a shit ton of actual work to do at work.  I felt like Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny and seeing if any other shit could be piled up on my life at that moment! LOL!  After I said I wasn't moving, an attorney came up to me to say I had to move.  I literally did not even acknowledge her because if I said anything, it was not going to be professional!  But the tears started to well up and she walked away.  I did start to move boxes, but did it by throwing them around (not my finest moment!!!).  Someone heard me and then said I didn't have to move, they would figure it out!  I went home and called my realtor to ask if we could rent the new house until we could close.  She got us closed and moved by the end of the next week!  I was so tired of living out of boxes!!!!

I got into the derm last night and even she said she didn't know what my rash is! LOL!  But she took one off for a biopsy and hopefully figure out what got me.  She also pointed to start using the higher powered cream I got from urgent care.  Tonight we need to go shopping at Target and BJs since my derm appointment had to stop those plans yesterday.

Tomorrow we have DDs 3 year old pictures.  We also have SILs birthday dinner at our house.  Somewhere in all that H wants to do a bit more work on the ceiling fan project for our bedroom.  Sunday may be the ceiling fan day, since I don't think we are doing anything.
    Ah ok! I saw a few festivals and only one that could be 90s was Foo Fighters lol
    Ah ok! I saw a few festivals and only one that could be 90s was Foo Fighters lol
    That's the same festival. Foo Fighters are headlining Friday night. RATM came out in the 90s as well. 
  • Tonight is laundry and starting to pack for my work trip.  My DH didn't want to go but my Mom is going with me.  Tomorrow I'm headed to her place to help her pack.  She never flies so is confused by what can go in her carry-on.  We have a 5 AM flight on Sunday and there is snow starting at midnight.  Hoping for no delays.  My boss is also flying but not leaving until mid-afternoon.  We lead training right away Monday AM so I'm hoping she's not delayed either.

We're going to Phoenix where the weather will be warmer than home but not balmy.  DH is on his own next week so he can watch all the TV and eat the junk he wants :smile:
    That's the same festival. Foo Fighters are headlining Friday night. RATM came out in the 90s as well. 
    Are you seeing Foos also or just going the day of Rage?
  • It is FRIDAY! 

The wind is kicking into high gear.   I have my phone on the charger and I'm crossing fingers that we don't lose power.  

Saturday is a low key day and Sunday we are entertaining the parents and my aunt and uncle for birthday celebration.   I have a pork loin in the fridge and I'm figuring out what to do with it - leaning towards a garlic/rosemary flavor and roasting and serving with some kind of potatoes - maybe mashed? 

We are FINALLY done giving kids the medicine from last week's bout of flu.   Chiquito hated taking Tami-flu so much he just refused.   So we told him he was in time out until he agreed to take it (this was after refusing it two other times).  Kiddo was stubborn enough to stay in time out from 4:15 until 7:30.  It was a battle of wills in my house between him and DH and I still don't know who won but at least it's finally done. 

• Nothing! I'm going to watch the Lifetime movie network and relax.

I need new shoes. I don't know what kind, but I know I need them. 
  • that's rough @banana468 I have a feeling baby B and Chiquito are the same because I could see him doing that in a couple years