Wedding Woes

Oh Tuesday

I knew I shouldn't have weighed myself this morning, b/c it's Tuesday and I hate Tuesday.  But I did and I did some damage this weekend.  But...it was also kind of worth it.  Also, TMI, but I think I need to weigh myself after my morning BM.  Ever since I've switched to vegan, I have a lot of poop!  :D

I'm ready for the weekend already.  

Re: Oh Tuesday

• Oh yeah, weight yourself before breaking a fast, after a BM and stark naked.  That’s your true weight.

thinking of taking myself to go see parasite either today or tomorrow.  That’s about it 

• Send help. I’m dying from the worst stomach bug. I haven’t been able to eat more than a packet of saltines and drink more than 40 oz of water since Saturday night. I’m so nauseous and dehydrated. Ugh. The upside is that I’ve lost five pounds? Other than that nothing is new here. 

• @VarunaTT I've heard when people make drastic changes to their diets, they notice poops change first lmao

@levioosa yikes :( Have you been able to stomach gravol or something? I say this in the nicest way {because I've been there} do. not. trust. any. farts.

I have a cold. BabyKitten has a runny nose and just not entirely herself. Then she'll get this big burst of energy and it's like "Really?"
    Since she's not feeling great. when she started crying at 3:30am I didn't wait. Motrin has been keeping her at bay because of the anti-inflammatory factor.
    The snoring though ... omg.

My cold is mostly just a headcold right now. I got some gingerale because with all the sniffling I'm doing, my stomach isn't happy.
    I just want to go back to bed :( 

• As far as I'm concerned, the week is 5 days and 2 hells long. Monday and Tuesday suck!

Yesterday I discovered that one of my subscriptions was processed early, leaving me short on cash. Ugggggh!

On the other hand, my new job starts tomorrow (well, I have a seminar to go to but I start working at the new office on Thursday). 

@VarunaTT and @levioosa, feel better soon.
  • Who knew expired Tylenol actually wouldn't work?
    Expired in July 2018 .... guess who's going to the store at lunch to get sinus stuff. Guhhhh
    And likely tea. Because head colds.

And something Little People because BabyKitten needs a Valentine
  • I have an etiquette question: 

I'm working on designing my baby shower invites - is it rude to put where we are registered? I would assume yes, but I don't know if the rules are different for showers vs. weddings...

SSDD - our director is out sick so it's quiet here. I've been selling some stuff on Mercari and it's pretty easy so far. I've made some extra cash and got rid of items I no longer need!
  • @levioosa so sorry you're sick! That's the worst. 

SSDD here. It's still raining. H is still away skiing. Meh. 

I'm working on designing my baby shower invites - is it rude to put where we are registered? I would assume yes, but I don't know if the rules are different for showers vs. weddings...

SSDD - our director is out sick so it's quiet here. I've been selling some stuff on Mercari and it's pretty easy so far. I've made some extra cash and got rid of items I no longer need!
    NM - I answered my own question. 

Of course, it's rude.

My brain hurts 

Of course, it's rude.

My brain hurts 
    Are you hosting the shower?  Because technically that's also a faux pas.   The shower is a gift giving occasion so it's throwing a party where you're asking people to come give you stuff.

Instead I'd try to turn that into something else if you can.

And if someone else is hosting the shower then it's fine to include the registry. 

It's raining AGAIN.   People throughout the company are sick so I'm inheriting some work. 

And I'm trying to deal with a client who desperately doesn't want to be stuck with extra inventory and who also needs to help understand that a minimum needs to be higher.   If the minimum should be 2 months and the maximum needs to be 3 months and you set the minimum at 1.5 months you may face out of stock situations and the time for us to replenish needs to be taken into that factor - but OK - we'll keep a low min so UPS can make money in air freight. 

Of course, it's rude.

My brain hurts 
    I’m confused, and apologies if I am reading this incorrectly.  As far as I understand, it is NOT rude to list registries on invitations for showers, as showers are explicitly gift giving occasions.  What is NOT appropriate is hosting your own shower.  
  • MobKaz said:
    I have an etiquette question: 

Of course, it's rude.

My brain hurts 
    I’m confused, and apologies if I am reading this incorrectly.  As far as I understand, it is NOT rude to list registries on invitations for showers, as showers are explicitly gift giving occasions.  What is NOT appropriate is hosting your own shower.  
    Yes, this is what I agree with. 
  • Showers are different, b/c the expectation is that as a guest you are giving a gift.  List your registry, include the card, whatever.

I would vote 'no' as in not rude to put registry.
    Most people want to buy what you want. Unlike a bridal shower/wedding, it's unlikely you have the stuff you need.
  • I agree with PPs. Showers are gift giving events so registry info on invitations are fine. You shouldn't be hosting your own shower though.

• Oh she is so cute @short+sassy! Sounds like Izzy would've made a great mama. We had a dog like that. When we brought another puppy home, she would lick that puppy all day! It was pretty cute.
  • banana468 said:

Of course, it's rude.

My brain hurts 
    Are you hosting the shower?  Because technically that's also a faux pas.   The shower is a gift giving occasion so it's throwing a party where you're asking people to come give you stuff.

And if someone else is hosting the shower then it's fine to include the registry. 

It's raining AGAIN.   People throughout the company are sick so I'm inheriting some work. 

And I'm trying to deal with a client who desperately doesn't want to be stuck with extra inventory and who also needs to help understand that a minimum needs to be higher.   If the minimum should be 2 months and the maximum needs to be 3 months and you set the minimum at 1.5 months you may face out of stock situations and the time for us to replenish needs to be taken into that factor - but OK - we'll keep a low min so UPS can make money in air freight. 
    Not hosting - just designing the invitations.

My mom and sister are hosting :-)
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2020
    I'm here today.  Still tired, still stressed. 

I don't think I realized that I bit off more than I can chew this week until too late.   I'm not sure I can shift anything around, so the consolation prize is taking Monday off.  I'm already off Friday, but we'll be doing all sorts of prep for FIL's retirement party.   Monday will be saying goodbye to the rest of the OOT peeps and then relaxing with DefConn. 

SIL and nieces are staying with us this weekend.  SIL/BFF, BIL, and my nephews will also be here this weekend.  I am looking forward to that and especially, getting pics of all the kids together.  I'm not sure we've ever gotten a pic of all 6 of them together.  <3 

Two more days of work.  

Adorbs kitteh @short+sassy.  I give the side-eye 10/10  ;) 
  • banana468 said:

Of course, it's rude.

My brain hurts 

Perfect!  

Then I think it's fine.   You don't "have" to put it on there but that's not like it appearing on a wedding invitation. 
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

Of course, it's rude.

My brain hurts 

Perfect!  

Then I think it's fine.   You don't "have" to put it on there but that's not like it appearing on a wedding invitation. 
    It's become commonplace for me to get shower invites with registry info on it.  I appreciate it, personally.  One less step of me having to contact someone else to find out where to buy the stuff.

I've seen it on wedding invites (which still makes me cringe).  Also, I remember when honeymoon registries were considered against etiquette and now there's a very popular site that was built around the concept. 

I think what's considered 'good' etiquette can adapt and change, but there's always going to be people who will be sticklers for the 'old' way.  
  • MB!!!!!!! So cute @short+sassy!  Proud momma!

• mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

Of course, it's rude.

My brain hurts 

Perfect!  

It's become commonplace for me to get shower invites with registry info on it.  I appreciate it, personally.  One less step of me having to contact someone else to find out where to buy the stuff.

I've seen it on wedding invites (which still makes me cringe).  Also, I remember when honeymoon registries were considered against etiquette and now there's a very popular site that was built around the concept. 

I think what's considered 'good' etiquette can adapt and change, but there's always going to be people who will be sticklers for the 'old' way.  
    I agree! Please put your registry info on for an event that is for gift giving. If I’m going to a shower I want to give you a present and give you something that you actually want! For weddings I totally agree not to put it on, but for showers, please make it easy for me. 
  • @NBSquared2017 so for reference, since majority of people are on facebook - my mum did an event on fb for my shower {elders and those without social media were spoken to separately}
    Since mine was through Babies R Us, I added the link and advised people what the registry was under.

I also noted that if people had things that were in good condition, they could bring that as a gift. You'd be amazed how many people are ready and willing to give away baby things! :)
  • @short+sassy  I am stealing MB <3 
    I second this ... so adorable!  I want the kitty!
    Took a three day weekend because I had a doctor's appointment, and it ended up being a bit of a waste of time.  I think it was literally a one minute appointment.  I ended up using the day to run errands.  
    My puppy started barking at people walking by our house again.  She's getting back to her usual annoying self - I've never been happier to have her driving me nuts.

• @kerbohl, I'm so glad your puppers is back home, feeling better, and like her old self again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker