Wedding Party

Etsy Fraud - La Sirena Bridal

Beware - I ordered two personalized clutches for my wedding hostesses on Etsy (La Sirena Bridal) three weeks ago. I went to check on my order status and discovered the vendor has closed shop on Etsy. I'm pursing a payment dispute through PayPal, but I don't know if I'll ever see my money again.

Etsy is great source for unique wedding items, but please make sure to check the vendor reviews before you pay. I wish I had :(

Re: Etsy Fraud - La Sirena Bridal

• THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!!!!!! I ordered 8 writslets and she said they were shipped and a week later she cloed shop! I am furious because my wedding is 2 1/2 weeks away and now I am left to scramble and think of another gift for my girls and I dont want to get them anything else! She did recieve good reviews, unless those were fake too! Sorry you had the same bad experience!
  • lilydee23lilydee23 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I CAN THIRD THIS ISSUE WITH THIS SPECIFIC ETSY VENDOR!

10 days before the wedding and still no clutches as Bridal Party Gifts. Went to contact the vendor through etsy and they were no longer on Etsy. Then I found an email and sent a follow up email and still no response.

Luckily Pay Pal has great customer service and I have placed a fraud claim with them right way.FYI you only have 45 days to place a claim so don't wait! Do it right away. If they don't hear from La Sirena Bridal within 10 days they will reverse our transaction and refund the money. Greatful for that, but sad I am out a what I though would be a great gift.

Now I have 10 days to find something worthy locally. Hope this helps other Brides not have the same issue.
  • Lilydee23... Let me know if you find anything even close to as nice as that gift would have been. I am racking my brains and I have got nothing. My wedding is in 18 days ugh...Good luck to you both! And since mine was more than 45 days I have disputed it with my bank and I should hopefully get my money back!
  • Same thing happened to me- i purchased from her on May 8th, and I just checked in it today because the site said it would take 6-8 weeks for the product. I wasnt in a hurry to get them because my wedding isnt until September, but as soon as I saw that her shop was gone, my heart sank. $220 down the drain!!

I filed a claim with Esty and Pay Pal, but Pay Pal does have a limit of 45 days from the transaction. I am hoping I can explain why it took me so long to file, since the fraudulant site told me to wait 6-8 weeks, but I dont anticipate them feeling sorry for me =(

Please fill out any information you have on the scammer on the below site. Esty sent me the link. It is to report internet fraud.

I really will be paying closer attention to a sellers feedback from now on from Etsy! I really wish Etsy was more responsible for their sellers.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
  • This just happened to me too!! My wedding is 9 days away. I know I can get another gift or figure something else out but I just hope I can get my money back...same for all of you. Just makes me so furious!
  • Same problem here! Wedding is 10 days away, went to contact seller to see the status of my order and nothing. Thing that makes me mad is that she really responded to my questions and sent me info about diff. things like she was really going to make them! I know my friends will understand but it's the point. Enough stress with final wedding details...don't really need this on top of it! Hope it works out for everyone!

• Ljm221Ljm221 member
    First Comment
    This happened to me too! Ordered 5 beautiful clutch purses for my bridesmaids on May 18 for a July 7 wedding. Got a string of emails from Jenn the shop owner, claiming to be confused about the date. I opened a case against her on etsy but closed it once she told me she was overnighting the items to me on June 28. They never came, and etsy helped me to reopen the case against La Sirena Bridal, but my PayPal window for refund has passed. How can we stop this from happening to others? I have always had great experiences with Etsy but now I doubt I will ever use the site again. And what will stop Jenn the shop owner from opening another Etsy shop under a different name?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_etsy-fraud-la-sirena-bridal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:8b88778e-b766-4787-8927-dabf1fcb85b3Post:59004bbe-6d4a-4221-af55-86659d2f9050">Re: Etsy Fraud - La Sirena Bridal</a>:
    [QUOTE]I CAN THIRD THIS ISSUE WITH THIS SPECIFIC ETSY VENDOR! 10 days before the wedding and still no clutches as Bridal Party Gifts. Went to contact the vendor through etsy and they were no longer on Etsy. Then I found an email and sent a follow up email and still no response. Luckily Pay Pal has great customer service and I have placed a fraud claim with them right way.<strong>FYI you only have 45 days to place a claim so don't wait! Do it right away. If they don't hear from La Sirena Bridal within 10 days they will reverse our transaction and refund the money.</strong> Greatful for that, but sad I am out a what I though would be a great gift. Now I have 10 days to find something worthy locally. Hope this helps other Brides not have the same issue.
    Posted by lilydee23[/QUOTE]

I filed my claim with PayPal right away and am waiting to hear back. I've got four weeks to find alternative gifts. Good luck to everyone. Buyer beware!
  • Same happened to me. 

I purchased 5 clutches through ShopLSBags, another shop owned by La Sirena Bridal  - received nothing but lies. 

I ordered on April 8, but it wasn't until after Paypal's 45 day safety net had passed that I noticed I had not yet received the bags, plus it said 6-8 weeks for delivery.

I wasn't given the name Jenn, but instead the seller signed as "LC" once. 

I was also given a phone number which is NOW disconnected. 

Total scam - if you can still file a claim with Paypal or Etsy, do so ASAP!!

• hey ladies!  i've had a couple of bride's contact me today regarding this shop, one was a current customer just making sure i'm still open and another bride hopeful i can make something for her.

just wanted to put it out there, if you are in need of clutches check out my shop:
    www.bellafiore2009.etsy.com

i might be able to accomodate your timeframe.

sorry this happened to you ladies, let me know if i can help!
    -jamie
  • KAdams26KAdams26 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Me too!!!  I just logged into etsy to see the status of my clutches and found out that the shop was no longer online.  I ordered 6 clutches on May 31st.  Hope I still have time to file my PayPal claim.  So disappointed!!!  She did have good reviews when I ordered or else I never would have!!!
  • Same thing happened to me.  Curious to know if anyone has luck through Paypal fighting the payments :(
  • Oh I'm joining you ladies as one of the brides that got dooped.. I was promised 8 clutches by June 22nd and still have not received anything. Of course, all emails have gotten no response. I, too, am pass the 45 day window bc I was told it would take 6-8 weeks so I doubt Ill get anything back from Paypal. I attempted to file a claim through the Better Business Beaurea & US Postal Service but can't because I have no information expect first name and email address. Well that's $232.00 Ill never get back. UGH!
  • I can't believe this has happened to so many other people! I lucked out and realized the shop was closed about 4 weeks after I paid for 6 clutches because I wanted to show them to a friend. I have filed a claim with PayPal and hope to get my money back soon, but I am getting married in 3 weeks and have to scramble to get something just as nice for my girls. Any recommendations for similar clutches on Etsy? Best of luck ladies!
  • I also just found out that this so-called shop is a fraud! I ordered 5 clutches as gifts for my bridesmaids thinking them as really special gifts for them. Now my wedding is 2 weeks away and I have to start all over again! I contacted Paypal and filed a dispute claim. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get a full refund. It's hard enough emotionally and financially to plan a wedding. 
  • breeforemanbreeforeman member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I am in the same boat with 9 weeks to go, and am a little hesitatnt to order off Etsy again.  I might just do it the old fashioned route and get ones from a store near me. I already have all the stuff to put in the bags. 
  • This has just happened to us!  My mother ordered 9 clutches from the vendor, was promised a 5-6 week deliver and has still not received them.  The shop is closed on Etsy and there is no forwarding information available.  This is the first time I have come across this issue with that webiste.  Hopefully we will be able to re-coup our cost. 
  • Hey girls, just wanted to give you an update on what happened to me...I fortunately filed a claim to paypal before the 45 days were up and am sooo happy to report that I have received my $148 refund! I was able to figure out something else for gifts and my wedding was amazing! Hope the best for you all!
  • The same thing happened to me!  I filed my claim with paypal after the 45 day period, and they closed it.  I called paypal customer service and without any begging or arguing, they are refunding my money after 11 business days.  I am shocked that etsy does not take more responsibility for their sellers.  How do they let someone shut down their shop if it still has open orders?
  • me too!!! my bank is working on it!!
  • I ordered 7 bridesmaids clutches $220 and they never came. when I decided it was time to inquire about it, the seller is no longer with Etsy. My wedding is 3 weeks away and now I have to try to find new bridesmaids gifts, not to mention a new minister since ours cancelled just yesterday. I may throw up because of stress!!!
  • I paid 150+ for bridal clutches and there were NEVER delivered. I was SO upset.

HOWEVER, I did get my money back. I called my credit card company that i had on file through paypal and they refunded me. I highly recommend calling your credit card company and reporting the fraud.

Side note: if you're in a jam, check out this shop on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/JennaLouDesigns?ref=seller_info

I ordered my bags from her and she's been wonderful to work with so far. She is constantly giving me updates on the bags and always letting me know what she's up to with them. I highly recommend her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards