Wedding Woes

Wacky Wednesday

CharmedPamCharmedPam member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited March 2020 in Wedding Woes
Everyday I wake up wondering if I’ve dreamed this all.  But nope, it’s still very real. Some positive news:  wgn this morning interviewed an American in Wuhan.  He said that the cases have diminished dramatically and things are starting to lift (like places opening up for delivery etc). One case a day being detected (11 million people) and he feels safe NOW in Wuhan.  He said it was bad for 2 months but he’s feeling positive and if the US keeps quarantining and testing we will get through this.  It’s just a bad 2 months.  We should have food on hand “maybe not hoarding” and he suggested powdered drinks.  Also - there is NO NEED to hoard t.p. Basically it was a positive interview, and we just have to do what we’re doing. 

this morning I went to get my bi-annual labs done (will keep all medical appts) and the phlebotomist who drew my blood kept on sniffling and blowing her nose!  Are you for real right now?  Holy not the time to go into work batman!!!

I got this on amazon, since my coffee drinking usually takes place free at work so I needed something. I got it for the good reviews, great price and the fact that has recyclable pods.  It says “let cool” and maybe I should have before trying to toss it out...but super neat and it’s GOOD MF coffee!!!!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IVT3LVM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fSICEbX2JZTTE

Re: Wacky Wednesday

• I’m starting to forget what day it is. I haven’t worked from home this consistently in a while. Our company is expected to announce WFH until further notice, which is unsurprising. It’s going to be interesting to see what we’ll do about our branches. 

It’s a little wild being home and watching all the craziness in the market; in the office people would be talking about it non-stop but the cat doesn’t seem to care much. 

Other than that pretty much the ssdd here. Our town instituted curbside pickup for all participating local restaurants, which was pretty cool to see last night. And the first two cases of covid were announced in town last night. Other than that, staying home, trying not to eat ALL of the snacks. 
  • My SIL's godparents love that coffee - they let me try it last time I was at their house.  It is really good stuff!

Took the dog for a nice walk last night because the weather was still decent.  Saw lots of people out walking, which was nice.  I'm plotting the "harvesting" of some elderberry bushes along one of the walks I take - the city cuts them down every year and then they spring back up, so I'm sure they wouldn't mind me ridding them of what they are mistaking for a weed.  I just have to figure out how to plant it in a way that my rabbit's won't bother it.

My one rabbit is being such a jerk this morning!  Talia, my little gray bunny, wanted some love so she was cuddling up to him, and he refused to cuddle with her, and then he goes and cuddles with another one of my bunnies right in front of her.  Literally shoved her aside so he could snuggle up to my socially awkward one that always wants to be left alone.  Learn to read the cues, rabbit!

• I agree about the twilight zone feeling.  I love (sarcasm, just to be clear) Trump's swings regarding this whole situation.  It was a hoax 2 weeks ago and now it may not be resolved until August and we're gonna have an unemployment rate of 20%?  Whaa?   

I have heard other reports that now that things are seemingly under control in Wuhan that life is coming back.  I'm hopeful that we can contain and mitigate as a country and have a good turn around as well.  More and more people seem to be taking it seriously, so...there's hope.   

Also, one of the things giving great anxiety about all this has happened.  Mom is back in the damn hospital.  Waiting for an update from dad.  I'm trying not to be too annoyed with her medical team, because if they had sent her home last month set up on palliative care, we might have avoided this.  However, mom was also in a honeymoon period because she felt so good.  She was dragging her heels a little on getting it set up.  Seriously, 2020 has been a hellacious shitshow.  I feel like I'll never stop waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

I have all of DefConn's work now for school.  We're biting off tiny chunks of it and also, I'll spread it out over the next three weeks. We don't have to turn anything in until he goes back to school.  

We spent over an hour twiddling our thumbs this morning because the VPN was down.  It was probably overloaded.  My friend's office shut all the way down because there was a case on her floor.  She's been WAH, but planned to get her glasses when she was near her office and they shut her floor down immediately. So no glasses for her.  womp, womp. 
  • H and I are still trying to manage WFH with the little dude who needs constant supervision and attention.  Definitely difficult, but i'm glad we're in a position where we can both be home and not have to send him somewhere.  

We were able to get out for a nice long walk yesterday which felt awesome!  I did end up ordering from amazon yesterday, vitamins, diapers, and few grocery items.  Everything will be delivered Saturday instead of the usual 1-2 day prime options.  

I ordered a new cookbook a couple weeks ago https://www.amazon.com/Just-Good-Stuff-Guilt-Free-Cravings/dp/1984823361/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr= and made my first recipe from it last night (zucchini/oatmeal bars).  It's advertised as "healthier versions" of lots of things and I don't personally care about that (or gluten-free, paleo, whatever) but I've followed her on instagram for a couple years and all her recipes just look amazing. I'm hoping all this time in the house will allow me to try some new recipes!

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2020
    So, shocking to many of you here, I'm sure (laughing), but I don't deal well with "unknown."  As one of my friends was just talking to me about, I'm the person you point at the brick wall, b/c I'm going to come up with a plan to get down, get around, go over it.  Not being able to have, create a plan really makes me anxious and depressed.  So, I'm not really handling this as well as I think I should (which my therapist has always told me to stop thinking this, there is no magical "person handling it better than Varuna").

Anyway, I've now bought art from a performing friend who is officially unemployed in NYC, I just bought a GC from an old Knottie's restaurant out of state to do whatever they want with, (which if you want to help out an old school Knottie, PM me and I'll get you the restaurant info), I've bought a book from a friend, and I bought this movie to help support a burlesque troop that is supporting and paying nationwide acts with a new streamed show called Quaran-tease, every Friday night for the forseeable future (which you're going to be stuck inside, buy this and stream it for your Fridays night:  https://vimeo.com/ondemand/quarantease1).  I don't know what else to do.  For the foreseeable future, I'm healthy and I'm job secure.  That's basically my plan.  

I did my grocery shopping this morning.  I could get everything except eggs and ground beef in the size I wanted (I declined the 10 pound roll of it).  Pick up tomorrow was the first opening, but we're fine.  I'm refusing to engage in the grocery store panic.  Maybe it'll bite me in the ass later, but I just refuse.  I'll check on eggs a few other places and go from there.

ETA:  I'm desperately  missing my dogs right now, just b/c of the calming companionship.  We're not supposed to have animals, but I'm thinking of going to foster a kitten for a bit, b/c dammit, I need it and the shelters here are having their adoption/foster rates bottom out.  I'm not going to, but I'm dreaming about this notion a bit.
  • Another stressful day here. I’m getting more apprehensive as the days go on. We have not taken nearly enough measures to slow this. It’s frustrating and exhausting. I might still have to quarantine based off of possible exposure. I’m just waiting for the test results of the patient. And in the midst of this there are the usual patients who need help. Our system is already getting overwhelmed. The flu season two years ago was absolute hell and this will likely be worse. We don’t have enough resources as a country. I’m just not feeling emotionally or mentally ready for months more of this without the proper protective equipment, without enough tests. People are panicked at work. Remaining calm and providing reassurance to staff and patients as one of the “higher ups” at the location itself is exhausting. 

I’m so sorry about your mom @mrsconn23  

• MrsConn - I'm sorry about your mom.

Levioosa - Hang in there, prayers for a negative test!

I think today will be the last day I work in the office.  I have stuff I can do from home and will just do that.  I'm also going to keep DD home.  H said it was obvious when entering daycare, how much cleaner than normal they are keeping it.  And it always looks/feels clean too!  We need to slow/stop the spread, so how does it help to interact at daycare, even if that is the only place we go.  I haven't heard whether H is working from home yet.

Last week, we videoed our yoga practice.  I am working to get copies made, so I can distribute them to the other ladies here.  The head of the department who handles DVD burnings (among other things), put the original burned DVD in the copy machine.  It kept processing and processing.  I emailed one of the other people in the group to see what is up.  She told me how to check it, turns out he never turned it on!  LOL!  Hope that gives people a little chuckle.

Stay safe and keep taking it a day at a time WWs!

PS, I love how a pandemic has brought life to WWs!  Haven't had this many new postings in years!
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2020
    @mrsconn23 I'm sorry about your mom.   I'm worried about my mom's best friend who has breast cancer and is supposed to have a mastectomy in 10 days while CT hospitals are starting to see more and more cases.   I feel like she's in a no win situation. 

Similarly I fear for a new mom friend who is due with her 4th in April.   That's not exactly something that can be postponed and I know she has to be concerned.   Her H works for the same employer as DH and they haven't closed yet but they did state that one employee is being tested and an additional 7 are quarantined.   

I have a cousin who lives in Manhattan.   I'm not sure what she's done to socially distance and I hope she is.  The NYC cases are now multiplying.

DH leaves work tomorrow either with a laptop or on PTO.   I hope he's not leaving with exposure too.
  • Pretty much the same SSDD anxiety here today. My manager pinged me this morning with a hot tip on Kroger inventory, so I did another round of groceries this morning. We're pretty well stocked up, but it was good to go grab a few extra things that could go in the freezer. It was nice that at 9:30 this morning it was all but empty of shoppers. I know people are waiting to rush the door first thing, but they were gone by the time I got there. 

I'm starting to top out on anxiety and stress. I'm normally pretty good with handling stress, but this many days of unknown and worry have been piling up. It's starting to effect sleep, but also hurting my ability to concentrate on work. I was half joking when I said I thought we'd all have lasting mental health issues after this, but I'm starting to really think it's possible. 

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Sorry to hear about your mom @mrsconn23 sending best vibes @levioosa

Took the kids on a "field trip" to our local nature preserve this morning.  They were just excited to get in the car and go somewhere...I was happy to have a walk through the woods to a beach.  (Well, it was the LI Sound, not the ocean, so not really a beach, but nice to sit in front of a body of water anyway.)  The preserve has a beautiful woodland playground the kids adore, but it was obviously closed.  And I had to remind the kids a few times not to go up to other kids, so although I think they enjoyed, it was definitely not their usual.  
    H and I decided to start ordering take in 2-3 nights a week from local mom&pop restaurants...we're starting tonight with a halal place (he loves their lamb, i love the falafel).  Aside from Friday night pizza we usually only take in 1-2x a month so I'm excited for that at least.
  • @CharmedPam, I had not even thought about the coffee ramifications of WFH.  I'm going to need to order coffee substantially sooner than I normally do, lol.  But I'm okay for now.

Aaannddd, it's not like I'm WFH yet anyway.  They're working on it.  While I wait hopefully.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Though expecting the reality to be s**t show and very frustrating.  But as long as I can be frustrated sitting on my couch in comfy clothes, I'm down for it.

@charlotte989875, I'm going to my bank at lunch while I know it is still open!  Normally, I'd just wait until my half-day Fri.  As far as I know, they don't currently have any plans to close their branches.  But you never know what is going to happen anymore.

On that note, I'd recommend you all think what your "cash" needs might be over the next few weeks.  Delivery tips, paying your lawn person, etc.  Because if bank branches close, so does the money.  At least the physical kind, lol.  

@kerbohl, right in front of her!  That is one rude bunny, lol.

@mrsconn23, I'm sorry to hear your mom is back in the hospital.  

@Casadena, my own purchasing saga and Amazon to the rescue, lol.  I like to keep a bulk case of individual OJs or pineapple juice at my house.  Especially because they are just the ticket if my blood sugar is dropping too low.

In bad timing, my last one got used over the weekend.  But I'm not setting foot in a Sam's Club right now and I'm sure OJ is one of the things that is out-of-stock anyway.  I checked Amazon last night.  The cases of single OJs were sold out until later in the month.  But when I did a search for the same thing, except grapefruit juice.  Bingo!  Being delivered on Sunday.  I usually get OJ more out of habit.  But I like grapefruit juice just as much, so now I'm looking forward to the change of pace.   

@VarunaTT, I hear ya!  It's the uncertainty of what the future holds for the short and medium term that is making me the most anxious and worried.  My normal self is always thinking about the short/medium/long term future and, especially for the short term, thinking out every possible scenario and how I would/could handle each one.  A lot of it, I don't do purposefully!  I just can't help it.  Sometimes it crosses the line into the obsessive side, which isn't emotionally healthy.  Right now, I am knee-deep in the obsessive side and can't get my brain to stop worrying about everything. 

@levioosa, I was thinking about you last night when I was reading some articles about so many of the awful things hospitals and their staffs are facing.  Doctors having to choose which patients get a ventilator because there aren't enough to go around.  Which feeds into the worry that when hospitals get too overwhelmed, more people will die who wouldn't normally.  Simply because they don't have the staff and resources to keep it from happening.  Plus all the stress of the exposure risk from being on the front lines of a virus we don't know a lot about.  And potentially exposing their families to that risk.  Thank-you, to you and all the others working in the medical industry.  I hope you stay well and don't have to quarantine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CharmedPam, I had not even thought about the coffee ramifications of WFH.  I'm going to need to order coffee substantially sooner than I normally do, lol.  But I'm okay for now.

Aaannddd, it's not like I'm WFH yet anyway.  They're working on it.  While I wait hopefully.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Though expecting the reality to be s**t show and very frustrating.  But as long as I can be frustrated sitting on my couch in comfy clothes, I'm down for it.

@charlotte989875, I'm going to my bank at lunch while I know it is still open!  Normally, I'd just wait until my half-day Fri.  As far as I know, they don't currently have any plans to close their branches.  But you never know what is going to happen anymore.

On that note, I'd recommend you all think what your "cash" needs might be over the next few weeks.  Delivery tips, paying your lawn person, etc.  Because if bank branches close, so does the money.  At least the physical kind, lol.  

@kerbohl, right in front of her!  That is one rude bunny, lol.

@mrsconn23, I'm sorry to hear your mom is back in the hospital.  

@Casadena, my own purchasing saga and Amazon to the rescue, lol.  I like to keep a bulk case of individual OJs or pineapple juice at my house.  Especially because they are just the ticket if my blood sugar is dropping too low.

In bad timing, my last one got used over the weekend.  But I'm not setting foot in a Sam's Club right now and I'm sure OJ is one of the things that is out-of-stock anyway.  I checked Amazon last night.  The cases of single OJs were sold out until later in the month.  But when I did a search for the same thing, except grapefruit juice.  Bingo!  Being delivered on Sunday.  I usually get OJ more out of habit.  But I like grapefruit juice just as much, so now I'm looking forward to the change of pace.   

@VarunaTT, I hear ya!  It's the uncertainty of what the future holds for the short and medium term that is making me the most anxious and worried.  My normal self is always thinking about the short/medium/long term future and, especially for the short term, thinking out every possible scenario and how I would/could handle each one.  A lot of it, I don't do purposefully!  I just can't help it.  Sometimes it crosses the line into the obsessive side, which isn't emotionally healthy.  Right now, I am knee-deep in the obsessive side and can't get my brain to stop worrying about everything. 

@levioosa, I was thinking about you last night when I was reading some articles about so many of the awful things hospitals and their staffs are facing.  Doctors having to choose which patients get a ventilator because there aren't enough to go around.  Which feeds into the worry that when hospitals get too overwhelmed, more people will die who wouldn't normally.  Simply because they don't have the staff and resources to keep it from happening.  Plus all the stress of the exposure risk from being on the front lines of a virus we don't know a lot about.  And potentially exposing their families to that risk.  Thank-you, to you and all the others working in the medical industry.  I hope you stay well and don't have to quarantine.
    branches likely won’t completely close unless there’s an order from state/county/federal executives but it’s possible they will reduce hours or services. NY just instituted a mandatory 50% of employees are at home so it’s possible we’ll see some bigger changes happening. 

I think ATMs would still be filled although that is WAY outside my line of business. 
  • ei34 said:
    Sorry to hear about your mom @mrsconn23 sending best vibes @levioosa

Took the kids on a "field trip" to our local nature preserve this morning.  They were just excited to get in the car and go somewhere...I was happy to have a walk through the woods to a beach.  (Well, it was the LI Sound, not the ocean, so not really a beach, but nice to sit in front of a body of water anyway.)  The preserve has a beautiful woodland playground the kids adore, but it was obviously closed.  And I had to remind the kids a few times not to go up to other kids, so although I think they enjoyed, it was definitely not their usual.  
    H and I decided to start ordering take in 2-3 nights a week from local mom&pop restaurants...we're starting tonight with a halal place (he loves their lamb, i love the falafel).  Aside from Friday night pizza we usually only take in 1-2x a month so I'm excited for that at least.
    This is definitely a sword I can fall on, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Still at work. M is wfh until the 30th now {which he anticipated} and BabyKitten at daycare for now.

We may order from a local place for pizza over the weekend, but Monday we get our first Hello Fresh meal! I had a free coupon so why not
  • NB - Smart move on cancelling the shower.  One of my friends cancelled hers which was scheduled for Sunday.  She will have a Sip and See once the baby is here.  She is due in April and will probably wait for the party until June.
  • Oh and our office is officially closing at noon tomorrow.  I sent an email to my bosses saying I won't be in tomorrow and I'm taking home work plus I have this other work I can do.  I ended the email with "Take care of yourself and each other".  I knew it was familiar, but fired off the email.  Then I checked the quote - yup, its from Jerry Springer!  So far, I don't think anyone caught on!
  • YAY FOR BABY GIRL @NBSquared2017

My work BFF's family baby shower just got canceled because the facility closed. She's so bummed and I told her it's important to feel the feels about it because having life disrupted, especially such happy events, sucks.  
  • Hi friends! I've been working from home since Friday but am not keeping up well enough on here. Still trying to adjust as I work from home occasionally but it's usually light work days. 

Work is swamped because our employers are looking to us for guidance not only on how COVID affects health plans (is testing covered, will it be free or cost, etc) but also on the employment law side (working from home, leave policies, forcing people to be home, lay offs, etc) which is trickier. Also waiting for the Senate to finalize the bill that will lay out paid sick leave and expanded FMLA provisions. My company wants to jump on it with communications as soon as it comes out so I feel like I'm on edge waiting. 
  • @VarunaTT I figure it is better to say something and risk a little bit of an argument than to say nothing and have something horrible happen.  Hopefully your aunt sees it that way too!

• Yay for Baby Girl @NBSquared2017!! When is your shower scheduled, soon right? 

My SIL’s shower was supposed to be Sunday but she canceled. She’s really disappointed. She lives in NH, her /Hs parents live here, it was supposed to be in Pittsburgh and was likely the last opportunity to see everyone before the baby comes at the end of April. 
  • Yay for Baby Girl @NBSquared2017!! When is your shower scheduled, soon right? 

My SIL’s shower was supposed to be Sunday but she canceled. She’s really disappointed. She lives in NH, her /Hs parents live here, it was supposed to be in Pittsburgh and was likely the last opportunity to see everyone before the baby comes at the end of April. 
    At the end of April, but with everything being so uncertain we don't want our out of town families to feel any obligations to try and travel. We just don't want to leave anything to chance, especially since we are looking at Italy levels in the US. Our families will have plenty of time to love on Baby B and I hope they understand!
  • H and I are having trouble remembering what day it is! We feel like we are in Ground Hog Day! I went to the grocery early this morning. It wasn't too bad. Got more fresh produce and eggs. We are fine on bread, meat and frozen veggies/fruit. I did a treadmill workout again. I.hate.treadmills.

Talked to DS1 this afternoon. He isn't a salaried employee where he works (he works for a small non profit)so he essentially no longer has an income. Luckily, DIL is salaried.He says this gives him time to search and apply for any jobs that might be out there. He has been looking for a job ever since they moved to Ohio but hasn't had any luck. 

We ordered carry out from our favorite Italian place last night. I really hope they make it. Our favorite Mexican place closed until this is passed - I hope they can reopen.

I have a conference meeting this afternoon for the Advisory Board for which I am a member. I'm not sure why we are having this meeting since we don't make any decisions. I guess our Executive Director just wants to talk to us about policies.

So sorry about your mom @mrsconn23. Yay for the baby girl @NBSquared2017.
  • @charlotte989875, I'm going to my bank at lunch while I know it is still open!  Normally, I'd just wait until my half-day Fri.  As far as I know, they don't currently have any plans to close their branches.  But you never know what is going to happen anymore.

branches likely won’t completely close unless there’s an order from state/county/federal executives but it’s possible they will reduce hours or services. NY just instituted a mandatory 50% of employees are at home so it’s possible we’ll see some bigger changes happening. 

I think ATMs would still be filled although that is WAY outside my line of business. 
    ATMs should still be filled as long as branches are still open at least limited hours.  I'm just worried about branches closing for long periods of time.  I agree it sounds unlikely.  But then, so much of what is now happening seemed unlikely!  And since there is no harm in keeping extra cash around.  I'm keeping extra cash around, lol.

As an aside, in college...back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, lol...I worked for 4-5 years as a p/t teller at Bank of America.  We'd fill the ATMs on Friday and they were usually empty or close to it on Mondays.  And that was just the usual.  With nothing wacky going on.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • H and I are having trouble remembering what day it is! We feel like we are in Ground Hog Day! I went to the grocery early this morning. It wasn't too bad. Got more fresh produce and eggs. We are fine on bread, meat and frozen veggies/fruit. I did a treadmill workout again. I.hate.treadmills.

Talked to DS1 this afternoon. He isn't a salaried employee where he works (he works for a small non profit)so he essentially no longer has an income. Luckily, DIL is salaried.He says this gives him time to search and apply for any jobs that might be out there. He has been looking for a job ever since they moved to Ohio but hasn't had any luck. 

We ordered carry out from our favorite Italian place last night. I really hope they make it. Our favorite Mexican place closed until this is passed - I hope they can reopen.

I have a conference meeting this afternoon for the Advisory Board for which I am a member. I'm not sure why we are having this meeting since we don't make any decisions. I guess our Executive Director just wants to talk to us about policies.

I’m really jealous about your treadmill! I’ve wanted one for a while and last night it was cold & rainy when I planed to go for a run. I told H we should order one online and between being pregnant, cranky about being inside, and the weather I full on sobbed when he told me we couldn’t get one!
  • @NBSquared2017, yay baby girl!!!!

Sorry I keep venting about my work, lol.  I know they aren't even as bad as some.  But we just received another "reminder" that their previous policy memo stands and they fully intend to stay open and productive.  Unless otherwise directed by a government entity.  As in, you are welcome to stay home if you want but, unless you are actually sick, that is vacation or AWOP.

Yes, I realize my city has not forced...yet...a lock-down order.  But the CDC and all levels of government have extremely encouraged people WFH and no groups larger than 10.  Pfft.  There are at least 10 people just in my immediate cubeland (same very large room).

Though it seems like there are a whole bunch of people whose last day was today.  Whether they can WFH or not.  I suspect that might have something to do with the bill that just passed the Senate.  Where parents can take up to two weeks of sick leave if their child(ren) are in area schools that closed.  Oh!  But KIM that's only for medium-sized companies (which we are).  With 50-500 employees.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I’m really jealous about your treadmill! I’ve wanted one for a while and last night it was cold & rainy when I planed to go for a run. I told H we should order one online and between being pregnant, cranky about being inside, and the weather I full on sobbed when he told me we couldn’t get one!
    With my back and hip issues, it isn't the ideal workout for me to be doing everyday. I usually do an elliptical which is no/low impact. What is so ironic is, when we bought this years ago (it's almost gym grade), H didn't want an elliptical but wanted a treadmill. I agreed because I wanted to make it easy for him to exercise. Guess who uses it the most! Yep, me!
  • @NBSquared2017, yay baby girl!!!!

Sorry I keep venting about my work, lol.  I know they aren't even as bad as some.  But we just received another "reminder" that their previous policy memo stands and they fully intend to stay open and productive.  Unless otherwise directed by a government entity.  As in, you are welcome to stay home if you want but, unless you are actually sick, that is vacation or AWOP.

Yes, I realize my city has not forced...yet...a lock-down order.  But the CDC and all levels of government have extremely encouraged people WFH and no groups larger than 10.  Pfft.  There are at least 10 people just in my immediate cubeland (same very large room).

Though it seems like there are a whole bunch of people whose last day was today.  Whether they can WFH or not.  I suspect that might have something to do with the bill that just passed the Senate.  Where parents can take up to two weeks of sick leave if their child(ren) are in area schools that closed.  Oh!  But KIM that's only for medium-sized companies (which we are).  With 50-500 employees.
    Yeah - DH's company is a government contractor so they're staying open even with 14,000 employees because they're considered vital. 

BUT they still need to implement things to mitigate risk.   I'm happy to say DH *should* be able to be home soon and able to WFH.   Because if large employers who are not producing things that are needed RIGHT NOW do not do everything they can to mitigate risk to their employees and the communities then their employees will be exposed and they'll be flooding our hospitals.   
  • @charlotte989875, I'm going to my bank at lunch while I know it is still open!  Normally, I'd just wait until my half-day Fri.  As far as I know, they don't currently have any plans to close their branches.  But you never know what is going to happen anymore.

ATMs should still be filled as long as branches are still open at least limited hours.  I'm just worried about branches closing for long periods of time.  I agree it sounds unlikely.  But then, so much of what is now happening seemed unlikely!  And since there is no harm in keeping extra cash around.  I'm keeping extra cash around, lol.

As an aside, in college...back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, lol...I worked for 4-5 years as a p/t teller at Bank of America.  We'd fill the ATMs on Friday and they were usually empty or close to it on Mondays.  And that was just the usual.  With nothing wacky going on.  
    Interesting, JP Morgan announces they are temporarily closing 1,000 branches and Regions bank is suspending all in-person banking at branches with only drive-up/ATM service.