Wedding Woes

Wedding rescheduled due to COVID-19

Hey everyone, so my fiance and I had to reschedule our wedding due to COVID-19. We were supposed to be married on April 4th,  and it has been postponed until November 7th. Needless to say we are extremely disappointed and hurt that we have had to reschedule everything we have worked so hard on. We were discussing things we could do to mitigate the hurt we are feeling and we think doing something special on our original wedding date could be a good idea. Anyone else in this boat? Are you doing something special on your original wedding date? Any ideas, since we are mostly stuck inside? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks everyone!

Re: Wedding rescheduled due to COVID-19

• Can you order/pick up a favorite dinner and champagne? Make a fancy “date” night indoors. 

That really sucks and I’m sorry you have to change your plans. 
  • That sounds like a great idea to do something special on that day!  I agree about having a fancy, romantic dinner at home.  Afterward, put on some music for dancing (if that's your all's thing). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My wedding was scheduled for May 9 and has been rescheduled for October 4 because of COVID-19. I have told people about the date change but since the wedding is now 6 months away do I need to send out new invitations 6-8 weeks out?
  • I think you would be fine sending an email to all your guests. That is what a couple did for their wedding to which we are invited. If some of your guests don't have email, you could just send a handwritten note.
  • Have your florist design a flower arrangement that compliments the flowers you'll be having on your wedding day...  Make dinner that is what you'll be having at your wedding (misnomer - you'll actually get to enjoy this one, the day of your wedding you may be too busy to actually get to enjoy it!)...  Have your baker make you a sweetheart cake for the two of you.  Obviously, you'll need to pay these vendors, but I'm guessing with everything being shut down, a nice flower arrangement and cake are income in a time that things are likely tight!

• My wedding was scheduled for May 9 and has been rescheduled for October 4 because of COVID-19. I have told people about the date change but since the wedding is now 6 months away do I need to send out new invitations 6-8 weeks out?
    Yes, the new invitations should go out at the 6-8 week mark.  That said, I'd recommend letting people know either via email or message that there is the event date change.