Wedding Woes

Wednesday, right?

I'm losing track of the days right now because they all feel like they last a week.

So, passive aggressive AF Varuna is kind of fun.  I basically come into work when I want, take my lunch when I want, leave when I want...do work when I want.  Get anxious and want to listen to that podcast and play Mahjong the rest of the afternoon?  Go ahead.  They've lost 2 paralegals so far and 1 has refused to come back until the stay at home order expires, so like...what are you going to do to me that won't hurt you more?  I told my direct bosses they need to be clear if something actually needs to be done, b/c otherwise, Imma do what I want, when I want.  I'm pretty sure they're eyerolling at me, but also leaving me alone, b/c stuff is still moving, albeit far slower than my normal pace.

My gaming system is almost here!!  I'm excited about it.  Also, K and I have been binge watching The Aquarium on Animal Planet and it's exactly the light hearted, lovely look at humanity I need right now.  I highly recommend it.

Re: Wednesday, right?

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm loving the sound of passive-aggressive work Varuna...they're lucky you're even there!
    Trying to keep the kids' invested in their school work.  Trying to keep my students motivated too.  When all i want to do is watch tv on the couch.  So I'm officially a hypocrite.
    Inexplicably woke up at 2:30 and couldn't get back to sleep, so I gave up around 4:30.  Suddenly tired though...might try to see if the kids are interested in a group nap in a couple hours.
  • Fuck your boss @VarunaTT

Halfway through the week. I’m ready for the weekend. Last night I decided to clean out the closet at 8:30 pm. That was dumb. I’m a little impressed at how much stuff was in such a small place. But that definitely did not get finished last night. I know there’s a lot going on but I have this feeling like I should be more productive at home since everyone else is at home and being productive. I know it doesn’t make any sense. It’s probably a thinly veiled way of feeling like I have some control over life right now. 

• Dittoing the "fuck your boss" Varuna. 

I decided to remove my gel polish last night. It had been about 4 weeks since my last trip to the nail salon. I knew this was coming eventually so I had ordered some tools on Amazon. I cannot do my nails - I have never been able to. It took me 90 minutes to soak, scrape off, trim and file. On the bright side, it took my mind off of things for a bit. But what a pain in the ass. 

I'm just waiting for Friday so I can have some drinks in my yard. It's all I have to look forward to..lol. 
  • I no longer know what day it is except when I come on here. It could be Tuesday, it could be Thursday, who knows? 

H went grocery shopping last night and was so excited to put things away in our new pantry that he like way stocked up on groceries so I’m pretty sure we don’t have to leave the house for a month.  Then he was so jazzed about organizing the pantry he did a big reveal of all the groceries put away. This is our big excitement now. 
  • I realized today that acts of love take on a new meaning when DH took in my delivery boxes for me and sprayed them with Lysol.   

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2020
    I'm actually not having any trouble knowing "which day is which".  At least not anymore than I usually do, lol.  Some of that is, to an extent, there are particular work tasks I do on specific days of the week and of the month.

I've been busier WFH than I am when I'm at the office.  Not because I have more work, but because it takes longer to do things, lol.

I'm thinking about doing my first pick-up order since the "stay at home" order.  There is a nearby 4-star restaurant that has a steak dinner for 2 (strips of steak), for only $25 total.  I can't resist that!  The restaurant is one of mine and my H's favorite.  They're food is usually great and full of flavor.

Edited to add: Weather today was weird.  We've been up in the high 70s/80s.  Occasionally in the low 90s.  And then this morning it was a bit cold and in the 60s!  My H even put the heat on for about an hour this morning.  I'm glad it's cooled down.  It's more comfortable.  But we'll be back to hot in a few days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Headed for the gall bladder ultrasound at 3:30. No food or water until afterwards. I'm hungry and thirsty now. 

I reorganized our pantry and refrigerator on Saturday. So very satisfying! My bookclub is having a Zoom meeting in a little bit. I also have two other Zooms set up for today. One is for the Y board I'm a member of. Not much else going on though.
  • Guys .... we need more wiggles. They only have season 1 and 2 on Netflix and we're so sick of the same 2 seasons.

Is there more seasons on youtube?

Anywhere else?

BabyKitten is back at daycare next week, and I'm gonna send an Easter treat :) I got some silicone baking molds in shapes of bunnies, so we're gonna bake a bit.
    We're going to get her push trike out this weekend and take advantage of nice weather.

Right now I have such a headache :( Stress? Idk. Maybe a bit of allergies because under the table really needs to be vacuumed.
    I told M when we move, I demand a fucking roomba.
  • Continue doing that @VarunaTT lol. Stick it to them :)
    @climbingwife I’ve been meaning to take off my very very bad gel polish off myself.  I like to do it at night because I’ll put a clear coat strengthener on it, and I hate painting my nails during the day.  Problem is, I get really lazy at night.

work was busy this a.m. so yay (?) I have a call at one and then I’ll do my work out video after that. I’m waiting in my netrition order to come in to make a low carb pasta dish, but I’m getting hungry so it might be dinner now instead of lunch.  This morning I was able to donate a few meals to a first responder through a “local” (not really that close to me) restaurant campaign. Maybe I should have searched for one in my county to help locally.  This one was just on the news. Maybe next payday I’ll do that or a food bank. 

• Headed for the gall bladder ultrasound at 3:30. No food or water until afterwards. I'm hungry and thirsty now. 

I reorganized our pantry and refrigerator on Saturday. So very satisfying! My bookclub is having a Zoom meeting in a little bit. I also have two other Zooms set up for today. One is for the Y board I'm a member of. Not much else going on though.
    hope your scan gives you some answers and the pain subsides soon
  • My cold has now turned into a sinus infection so that's fun. Luckily I got a Teladoc appt after only an hour wait and already have 1 round of abx in. It has already helped with some of the pain although my teeth still hurt if I bend down or step too hard on something. 

• Busy with work today, which is good. I've been kind of floundering the last few days since they announced my largest project is delayed. My manager just scheduled a last minute one on one for this afternoon. I'm worried that it's going to be bad news. Our raises are scheduled to take effect 4/15, and we have 3 contractors on our team. I'd rather give up my raise than a contractor. Fingers crossed that it's neither one of those and she's got something else she wants me to do until the big project resumes. 

@VarunaTT, we started the Aquarium show, but it got pushed back behind a few Netflix ones. I'm looking forward to getting back to it; I just love seeing everything that goes into taking care of so many animals. Plus, it's filmed here. 

I think the H is starting to lose it from being cooped up so long. His mood has been trash over the last few days. We're going to go for a walk tonight, but I think he really needs some human interaction with someone other than me. 
  • @ILoveBeachMusic, good luck at the doctor's!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    My cold has now turned into a sinus infection so that's fun. Luckily I got a Teladoc appt after only an hour wait and already have 1 round of abx in. It has already helped with some of the pain although my teeth still hurt if I bend down or step too hard on something. 

Ugh! Sinus infections are so painful. You are the second person I know dx with one this week. Hope the abx take it out soon!
  • Really hoping you get some good news at the ultrasound @ILoveBeachMusic!
  • My sense of humor is disappearing just as my parents are sending around coronavirus "jokes" they found online.

@ILoveBeachMusic, best of luck with your ultrasound.