Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Online Wedding Invitations

So, my fiance and I are big fans of zero waste, and we decided to use paper as little as possible. Our plan for wedding invitations is to create a website, then call the future guests and provide them with the link or so (we haven't ultimately decided on how to deliver it out completely, but we aren't sweating much about it atm). 

The tricky part is what to use for the site. I tried creating a website with the Knot and liked how beautiful the templates are. However, I'd prefer a little more freedom, and ideally, it should be a one-page site. We may need to update some of the information about the wedding in the future and maybe use the website for personal branding later if it turns out well.

So far, I've narrowed down my list to Wix, Zyro.com, Riley&Grey, and Zola. 
All of the above seem to be fitting choices, but I can't decide which one to pick. Any advice/experience/feedback would be much appreciated. If you've used something else and loved it, please let me know about that, too.

Re: Online Wedding Invitations

• Options
    Here is a logistical aspect - not everyone is computer savvy or even has access to the web that is on your guest list and no matter how many emails or calls you do people won't necessarily get the message (Spam filtering is real!).  In the ideal world, that'd be nice if everyone was, but really, you don't need wasteful expensive wedding invites, a simple folded 8 1/2 x 11 piece of recycled paper printed on both sides with all relevant info including your phone number (because again, not everyone is online nor has a computer!) and email/website for the RSVP.  It also provides a tangible option as a printed backup when driving to the venue if a phone or GPS completely dies or goes out of the service area (Which I have had happen - the print copy has saved me a number of times as GPS sucked and didn't send us to the actual venue and we had to call the venue to get directed in 15 minutes away!)...  
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    MesmrEwe said:
    Here is a logistical aspect - not everyone is computer savvy or even has access to the web that is on your guest list and no matter how many emails or calls you do people won't necessarily get the message (Spam filtering is real!).  In the ideal world, that'd be nice if everyone was, but really, you don't need wasteful expensive wedding invites, a simple folded 8 1/2 x 11 piece of recycled paper printed on both sides with all relevant info including your phone number (because again, not everyone is online nor has a computer!) and email/website for the RSVP.  It also provides a tangible option as a printed backup when driving to the venue if a phone or GPS completely dies or goes out of the service area (Which I have had happen - the print copy has saved me a number of times as GPS sucked and didn't send us to the actual venue and we had to call the venue to get directed in 15 minutes away!)...  
    This. You don't have to have specially printed or engraved invitations at all. You can handwrite notes.

But don't use a desire for "zero waste" to limit all your wedding-related communications to electronic or telephonic means. You won't be able to reach everybody, and you can't be sure that everyone has received an ungarbled version of your messages.